Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old desperate

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
desperate is on a distinguished road

Help! Tiffany & Co. Gift Cards
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-27-08 , 11:19 PM

I'm desperate - my family has been planning a Disney trip for several months. Long story short, I won a sales contest with my company and won a gift card to Tiffany & Co. for $3,750. I had another colleague who I was going to sell it to her for $3,250 to use towards her new wedding ring - but she just cancelled and can't do anything for a couple of months. I've looked at selling the gift card outright but most websites won't let you sell it if it's over $500. I've thought of going to Tiffany & Co. and having it broken down into $500 increments and trying to sell them like that on Ebay - to even thinking of just standing outside of Tiffany's and looking for someone who might be wanting to spend $3,750 at that moment! I'm sure that won't work - but I'm desperate to get rid of them and will even go $3,000. We leave middle of April and would love to use it on a vacation vs. something to wear around our necks. The cards have the card numbers on the back - and I haven't scratched off the PIN number areas yet - as that's how you'd validate the balance.

This site may not even be the way to do this - but if anyone has any ideas - I'd be very grateful! Thanks

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old LRacco

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
LRacco is on a distinguished road

Re: Help! Tiffany & Co. Gift Cards
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-31-08 , 11:18 PM

I might be interested in purchasing your gift card. Please contact me via e-mail as I am unable to contact you due to your preference settings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate
I'm desperate - my family has been planning a Disney trip for several months. Long story short, I won a sales contest with my company and won a gift card to Tiffany & Co. for $3,750. I had another colleague who I was going to sell it to her for $3,250 to use towards her new wedding ring - but she just cancelled and can't do anything for a couple of months. I've looked at selling the gift card outright but most websites won't let you sell it if it's over $500. I've thought of going to Tiffany & Co. and having it broken down into $500 increments and trying to sell them like that on Ebay - to even thinking of just standing outside of Tiffany's and looking for someone who might be wanting to spend $3,750 at that moment! I'm sure that won't work - but I'm desperate to get rid of them and will even go $3,000. We leave middle of April and would love to use it on a vacation vs. something to wear around our necks. The cards have the card numbers on the back - and I haven't scratched off the PIN number areas yet - as that's how you'd validate the balance.

This site may not even be the way to do this - but if anyone has any ideas - I'd be very grateful! Thanks

Old LRacco

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
LRacco is on a distinguished road

Interested
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-31-08 , 11:19 PM

I might be interested in purchasing your gift card. Please contact me via e-mail.

Old snoopaloop

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
snoopaloop is on a distinguished road

Re: Help! Tiffany & Co. Gift Cards
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-08-08 , 04:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desperate

Hi! Is your giftcard still for sale?

Read Messages in: Chit Chat All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Please Help Just bought a diamond by h1460
Up a Topic Tiffany Co Atlas Mens White Gold ring w 3 Diamonds posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by lamickel
Older:
Down a Topic Happy Birthday Brad by Jan
Down a Topic 18k white gold resizing posted in Bench Work by thouser08