Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old foresthill

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
foresthill can only hope to improve

2.82 Brilliant center diamond, E.G.L. - G, I1 ,
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-30-08 , 04:05 PM

• Diamond ID#: 37092
  • Lab: EGL
  • Shape: Round
  • Carat: 2.82
  • Color: G
  • Clarity: I1
  • Measurements: 8.86 x 8.97 - 5.60
  • Girdle: TN - TK /P
  • Depth %: 62.7
  • Table %: 59
  • Culet: N
  • Polish: G
  • Symmetry: G
  • Fluorescence: S.
  • Crown Angle: 14.8
  • Pavilion Angle: 43.0
  • Lab Comments: girdle inscribed "EGL. US 32036701D"
  • Price: $8,499
  • Send message to seller
  • Track this item
  • Email this item to a friend
  • View more diamonds

$8,499

New, 2.82 ct. center diamond, mounted in a 14K white gold. The mounting has 8 side stones on each side with 16 encrusted diamonds on the side rails. For a total of 3.00 +ctw. Unable to secure pic. Will email upon request. Center stone measur: 8.97 X 8.86 X 5.60mm. size 7. PRICE- $8,499.00

Last edited by foresthill : 02-01-08 at 09:53 PM.
Attached Images
Smallll RINGGGGG.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old DesiLu

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 210
DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute

Re: 2.82 Brilliant center diamond, E.G.L. - G, I1 ,
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-31-08 , 07:45 PM

Hi,

As you'd probably understand, asking someone to pay such a high price is not feasible without at least posting some visual aids (photos) to further help your sale. Especially as it's graded as an I1; people will want to see where the inclusion(s) are located and what exactly they look like (i.e: some "peppering" around the stone; white/dead spots, feathering, etc).

DesiLu signature
"I DON'T KNOW YOU!!....THAT'S MY PURSE!! <kick>" --Bobby Hill, while taking a women's self-defense class. (King of the Hill)
Last edited by DesiLu : 01-31-08 at 07:47 PM.
Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 189
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-31-08 , 08:21 PM

I'm wondering how you came up with the price you did?? $17,930 seems like sush an odd amount for a private seller. But anyway, since I'm sure you are as you posted in the classifieds, I thought you might like to know that your asking price is awfully high. You might want to research this a bit as an appropriately priced item with sell much quicker. And as Desi so nicely pointed out, pictures are a must!

We love to help, so anything else we can do for you, just ask!

Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

2.82 Brilliant center dia.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-31-08 , 10:51 PM

Thanks for the help. I am unable to get a small enough pic. for the format on this site. I will be pleased to send a pic. to anyone who is interested in buying. I would think that anyone wishing to buy would realize this. I have entered the ring on "Craiglist" with two pics. without any problem of the pics. being to large. Also thank you for bringing to my attention that I failed to put the asking price in my discription window. The price listed is the E.G.L. price and is a fair retail price for the quality and size of this diamond. In fact it is a low price for the diamond. However, as I have stated I failed to include my price of $8,499.00. I am afraid that the frustration over my inability to get the pics. in caused me to rush the add in without noticing the error. Now the question should be why such a low price for a NEW, 2.82, G., I1, diamond. I will edit this add.

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-31-08 , 11:22 PM

Unfortunately the price listed on the EGL certificate is overly inflated and NOT fair retail. It's hard to find I1's to compare too, but here are a few...

http://www.abazias.com/database/New...326&src=builder

and...
http://www.abazias.com/database/New...461&src=builder

Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

2.82 Brilliant center diamond, E.G.L. - G, I1
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 02-01-08 , 01:29 AM

Thank you. On my original listing I was asked to fill in the "Thread Tool" listing of my E.G.L. description Certificate. Hence, the E.G.L. price of $17,930.00. It is unfortunate that I failed to state my sale price on the original listing. However, I have since then edited my listing to reflect this correct pricing. If there is no Certifiied quality or price from whomever, where are we? I did note the Abazias prices. They were stated at retail - 1.)-3.01ct.- $16,787.77/ sale-$12,388.59 and 2.) - 2.86ct. - $13.189.66/ sale $9,.767.51. Acording to your supplied listings my sale price is not out of line. While my stated E.G.L. price is higher, my sale price is considerally lower. I have been very fair in this listing. I have stated that this higher pricing is an E.G.L. price and that my price is $8,499.00. Well under the listed price from your choice of sales. Lets talk about comparing my price with your suggested Abazias price. Please explain in full what you are getting at. It seems to me that your prices are right up there. my sale price is lower than both. OK? I have noticed several I1 diamonds 2.70 - 3.10 - G, I1, from different companies. The lack of I1's listed on the net does not fairly demonstrate the actual number available.Thank you.

Last edited by foresthill : 02-01-08 at 01:41 AM.
Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 02-01-08 , 01:52 AM

I'm not "getting at" anything. I was trying to help you with your sell. You stated that the price listed on the EGL certificate was fair retail. I was helping you research prices -- that's all.

Good luck with your sell.

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 479
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=251, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 02-01-08 , 01:59 AM

Woah!! A 14.7% crown angle? Are you sure?

If you are having trouble uploading pics.
make sure they are in .jpg format
and no larger than 700 pixels WIDE (the Height readjusts automatically).

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 02-01-08 , 02:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
Woah!! A 14.7% crown angle? Are you sure?

If you are having trouble uploading pics.
make sure they are in .jpg format
and no larger than 700 pixels WIDE (the Height readjusts automatically).

It's actually 14.8% which is a 35.8 angle if I did the math right.

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 363
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=275, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 02-01-08 , 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrenay
It's actually 14.8% which is a 35.8 angle if I did the math right.

Wow I can't do the math but agree without pictures it is going no where fast!
Besides I1 from EGL could be I2 or worse . In other words Kitty litter.

maven signature
Don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it~ Maven
Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 02-01-08 , 12:01 PM

I have been uploading pic. for years without any problems. This upload said that my pic. was to large for the format and I am in JPG format. I believe that it is my pic. size and not the format. My pic. shows some surrounding area, not just the dia. I have a close up setting on my camera and get a good clear pic. yet, it will not go.

Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 02-01-08 , 12:02 PM

Yep! that is what the certification states.

Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 02-01-08 , 12:05 PM

Thank you, the math is - my sale price is $2,000 lower that the lesser of the two diamond proffered as comparisons.

Old DesiLu

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute

Clarification:
Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 02-01-08 , 12:23 PM

foresthill:

The "math" that Jayrenay was referring to had nothing to do with the price; it has to do with the specs you stated as being on the EGL cert. More specifically the crown angle numbers you listed.

You have made it quite crystal-clear that your sale price is different from the EGL cert listed price...that's no longer in question.

Best of luck with your sale!

DesiLu signature
"I DON'T KNOW YOU!!....THAT'S MY PURSE!! <kick>" --Bobby Hill, while taking a women's self-defense class. (King of the Hill)
Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 02-01-08 , 05:43 PM

Thank you, I had already stated that the crown angle was as stated on E.G.L.. That was finished. The math that I refered to is my sale price as being $2,000.00 lower than ALL of the various prices discussed. Let me ask you, do you think that $8449.00 is more than a 2.82 diamond G, I1, mounted in a $687.00 white 14ct gold mounting is worth? There are no dark carbon or white whisps. The light clear inclusions are not discernable to the untrained eye. Even tho E.G.L. - U.S.A. has it listed as G, I1 it is a high I1, very close to an SI3. The over all appearance is bright, white, eye clean.

Last edited by foresthill : 02-01-08 at 06:07 PM.
Old DesiLu

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 02-01-08 , 08:16 PM

Ok...let me put it this way: Your price is NO LONGER AN ISSUE!!!!

Since no one has asked you where your "math" originated, I assumed you were confused about the "math" that Jayrenay was speaking of.

I keep re-reading this thread to see where your hostility comes from...and I still find no reason for it. You seem to think you have to further "defend" your set price; however, no one has said a thing about the price you listed, ONCE you listed it!! There were questions about it when it was stated as $17,930.00. Once you "fixed" the price, NO ONE has questioned it!

As Jayrenay stated, during her first post, we LOVE to assist people. Most of us have been here long enough to know what we're talking about and some of us are actually GIA-trained (myself and Irish being the few that I know of).

We're simply trying to help you.

DesiLu signature
Last edited by DesiLu : 02-01-08 at 08:20 PM.
Old DesiLu

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 02-01-08 , 08:31 PM

And, oh-by-the-way, you can say that the stone is eye-clean until you're blue in the face; but without any pics for visual proof and with only an EGL-USA cert, versus a more stringent GIA cert, an I1 is very rarely "eye-clean", unless it's a *very* well-cut diamond... and if you really want to sell this stone (and, once again, this is meant to HELP you and not for ANY other hidden-agenda reason) you'll have to find a way to resize those puppies and post 'em ASAP so we can all see your beauty!! :-)

Edited to add: I guess we posted at the same time: I just saw you posted a pic! Awesome!!

DesiLu signature
Last edited by DesiLu : 02-01-08 at 08:39 PM.
Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 02-01-08 , 09:36 PM

Thank you, While I am not blue in the face I am not a novice either.It is just that I am new to "Diamond Ring .com". I did not intend for the $17,890.00 price to appear as my asking price, but only gave it as a part of the requested E.G.L. certification info. I then compounded the issue by forgetting to place a sale price with my description. I did shrink a pic. of the ring to postage stamp size & then placed it into my pics. and brought it up to "Dia.Ring.com" am still not certain of the why? Whether-True or false-, I would rather it not be said that any "Certifying Agency" is misstateing quality and price, nor an individual who is unknown be acused of being rather dumb. I accept your desire to help and thank you for it.

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 02-01-08 , 10:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foresthill
Thank you, While I am not blue in the face I am not a novice either.It is just that I am new to "Diamond Ring .com". I did not intend for the $17,890.00 price to appear as my asking price, but only gave it as a part of the requested E.G.L. certification info. I then compounded the issue by forgetting to place a sale price with my description. I did shrink a pic. of the ring to postage stamp size & then placed it into my pics. and brought it up to "Dia.Ring.com" am still not certain of the why? Whether-True or false-, I would rather it not be said that any "Certifying Agency" is misstateing quality and price, nor an individual who is unknown be acused of being rather dumb. I accept your desire to help and thank you for it.

I'm sure you would rather it not be said since you are selling a stone from said "Certifying Agency", but the truth of the matter is that EGL is not as stringent in their grading as the more prestigious labs such as GIA and AGS. There is a reason why EGL stones sell for less money than GIA and AGS. It is a fact that UGS includes an over inflated appraisal along with their certificates. I am an owner of a EGL USA stone and I would have NEVER paid or had the stone insured for the appraised amount.

Who acused you of being dumb? I'm a bit concerned about your reading comprehension, but I think if you slowed down and quit being so defensive, you'd see that we're trying to help you.

Now, I'll say it one more time, since it didn't work when Desi said it (more than once) -- WE UNDERSTAND WHERE YOUR ORIGINAL PRICE CAME FROM AND THERE IS NO NEED TO EXPLAIN IT AGAIN!!!!! WE UNDERSTAND THAT THAT WAS THE APPRAISAL AMOUNT AND YOU ONLY INCLUDED IT BECAUSE YOU WERE ENTERING THE NUMBERS FROM THE EGL CERT. WE UNDERSTAND THAT YOU FORGOT TO INCLUDE IT IN YOUR DESCRIPTION BECAUSE YOU WERE FRAZZLED BECAUSE YOUR JPEG'S WERE TOO BIG. (Do me a favor and read that one more time, ok??)

Best of luck to you.

Old foresthill

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 02-02-08 , 12:56 AM

Yes, mother.

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 479
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=251, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 02-02-08 , 02:05 AM

the size of your file was the issue in your upload. If you are trying to resize a large format photo, larger than 640x480, you will have trouble getting it pared down to fit into the 700 pixel WIDTH required for upload.
If a perspective buyer wanted to see the stone face I hope you have other photos to offer? I would be particularly interested to see a side angle of the stone because of the Crown Angle of 14.8%.
Good Luck!
Another mother

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Last edited by irish : 02-02-08 at 02:06 AM.
Old DesiLu

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Calm down, there, Tex...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 02-02-08 , 05:58 PM

Well, a non-novice, as you claim to be, would know that the stone ISN'T "eye-clean"...pictures speak for themselves. An non-novice whom isn't trying to be vitriolic and accusatory every step of the way, would also know that the bigger the stone, the MORE the inclusions will show up. The picture you've provided shows the stone as being quite heavily included...whether you want to admit it/HEAR IT or not. Truth hurts; that's a fact of life. As much as you'd like to tout your stone as being the absolute only eye-clean, almost-3ct I1 graded stone--it just can't be done. The proof is in the pudding, as they say.

In regards to you not wanting us to say that EGL is not as stringent as GIA and AGS, sorry, but, EGL IS NOT AS STRINGENT AS GIA AND AGS. Who the heck are *you* to try and tell us to, basically, "shut up"? That tells me that you're trying to be misleading to whomever buys your stone/ring.

On another note, I would suggest you refrain from continuing your better-than-thou attitude. We don't take kindly to newbies (or "oldies", for that matter) resorting to childishness and name-calling. We have been nothing but helpful to you and have NOT called YOU names nor do we appreciate being accused of calling you names (where do you see that anyone called you "dumb"???).

DesiLu signature
Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 363
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=275, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 02-03-08 , 09:40 AM

EGL did not even give it a cut grade!!! Wonder what that means????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Certificate 32036701D
Weight 2.82 ct.
Shape ROUND BRILLIANT
Color G
Clarity I1
Measurements 8.97 - 8.86 x 5.6 mm
Depth 62.7
Table 59.0
Crown 14.8
Pavilion 43.0
Girdle THIN TO THICK FACETED
Polish GOOD