Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old bita

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Karma
Power: 0
bita is a jewel in the rough bita is a jewel in the rough bita is a jewel in the rough bita is a jewel in the rough

Anniversary ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-21-08 , 05:47 PM

Well, since I had a great time reading your answers, here's my question.

When I got engaged, my hubby wanted me to pick the ring, so he proposed and we planned to buy the ring later. To celebrate our engagement, we went to Bahamas and we eloped (it was not the plan, but it was a GREAT decision). When we came back, my hubby wanted to buy me two rings, the engagement and the wedding band, but since we were already married, I did not want a ring with no meaning.

My husband has been very upset all this time because he thinks that I should have other ring besides my wedding band. So, we have agreed that he will give me a solitaire for our anniversary.

I have decided that I want a blue sapphire. I have found a breathtaking setting, and now I need to find a GORGEOUS sapphire to match. Any suggestions?

Thank you very much!!

Gemstone Search:

Budget:  

Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 364
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=277, In=0

check out th enetwork jewelers here
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-21-08 , 06:50 PM

They have made some amazing rings with solitaires that are just breathtaking.
Please post pictures on what you decide on!
And Congrats on the marriage!

maven signature
Don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it~ Maven
Old bita

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
bita is a jewel in the rough bita is a jewel in the rough bita is a jewel in the rough bita is a jewel in the rough

Re: check out th enetwork jewelers here
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-21-08 , 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven
They have made some amazing rings with solitaires that are just breathtaking.
Please post pictures on what you decide on!
And Congrats on the marriage!

Thank you Maven!!!

Well, we have been married for three years now, so the ring will be a 4th anniversary present. I am so excited, because the setting is SO beautiful. I will definitely post some pics when it is ready!!

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Anniversary ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-21-08 , 09:16 PM

Hi Bita & welcome to DR!!!

If you have time, check out this thread:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...08#p ost539808

There are lots of people there that have posted their gorgeous gemstone engagment rings (instead of a traditional diamond engagement ring).

Moonstruck just posted a pic (on the last page) of her STUNNING blue sapphire engagement ring. It's TDF!!!

I think a gemstone "engagement ring" (even though you're already married), is a fabulous idea.

I know you're looking for a blue sapphire, but another user, Poshpepper, has the most beautiful yellow sapphire ER I've ever seen! Check under "Members Collections" and you can see pics of hers too.

Knox Jewelers & Michael E (both network jewelers here) carry some beautiful blue sapphires. Check with them to see if they have what you want, or could get a blue sapphire to meet your specifications.

Good luck.........and don't feel bad about not getting an ER either! I was a tomboy when I married my hubby and only got married with a 5-stone diamond wedding band (no ER)........but I've definitely become a bit more girlie since then, and now wear a few solitaire rings that are very special to me too.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old bita

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Re: Anniversary ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-21-08 , 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyandSexy
Hi Bita & welcome to DR!!!

If you have time, check out this thread:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...08#p ost539808

There are lots of people there that have posted their gorgeous gemstone engagment rings (instead of a traditional diamond engagement ring).

Moonstruck just posted a pic (on the last page) of her STUNNING blue sapphire engagement ring. It's TDF!!!

I think a gemstone "engagement ring" (even though you're already married), is a fabulous idea.

I know you're looking for a blue sapphire, but another user, Poshpepper, has the most beautiful yellow sapphire ER I've ever seen! Check under "Members Collections" and you can see pics of hers too.

Knox Jewelers & Michael E (both network jewelers here) carry some beautiful blue sapphires. Check with them to see if they have what you want, or could get a blue sapphire to meet your specifications.

Good luck.........and don't feel bad about not getting an ER either! I was a tomboy when I married my hubby and only got married with a 5-stone diamond wedding band (no ER)........but I've definitely become a bit more girlie since then, and now wear a few solitaire rings that are very special to me too.

Amy

Thank you very much for the references. The blue ER that you told me is AWESOME!!!! I'll let you know what I learn and what I finally get

Read Messages in: GEMSTONES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Ruby Baguettes by redraider
Up a Topic Opinions on Diamond posted in DIAMONDS by Spudz
Older:
Down a Topic rose quartz by giakhanh
Down a Topic Has anyone noticed prices rising posted in DIAMONDS by maven