Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old ihabzreik

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
ihabzreik is on a distinguished road

How To Remove Scratches From A Watch
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-15-08 , 09:58 PM

Hello ,
just bought a brand new stainless steal Rolex , there is some fine hair lines scratches on it maybe by rubbing it with a cotton cloth ,
i need to remove thoes scratches they are very fine but they really bothering me what should i do to bring it bag brand new????

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 182
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Re: How To Remove Scratches From A Watch
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-15-08 , 10:07 PM

You can try a Cape Cod polishing cloth. That usually will get rid of minor scratches. But it WILL get scratched just like your car, sooner or later, and there's nothing you can do about it.

Just wear it, enjoy it, and send it in to Rolex every 5-7 years for a service and it will come back looking brand new. Rolex does a superb job of refinishing.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old ihabzreik

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
ihabzreik is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-18-08 , 09:41 PM

Thanks a lot,
I bought the cape cod cloth on Ebay and got it today ,it works great ,i was very careful using it and it did the job to where i am really satisfied .

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-18-08 , 11:33 PM

Glad it worked out. They're really handy and do a good job.

rodentman signature
Old JewelrySecrets

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
JewelrySecrets is on a distinguished road

The best thing to do...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 02-29-08 , 12:41 AM

is to take it to a fine Jeweler and have them polish the band. That's the awesome thing about steel, it polishes up well. They can carefully remove the band from the Rolex, polish out the scratches and put it back on so it looks brand new again. Trust me, I've had a Stainless Steel watch for over 12 years and if you looked at the watch today, you'd never know that it's that old. The band is perfectly clean and polished and always looking fresh.

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 02-29-08 , 06:35 PM

If you want it done nearby, find the nearest jewelerwith an authorized Rolex watchmaker. I would not trust with any jeweler with a buffing wheel.

Best to just enjoy it and send it to the nearest Rolex Service Center every 5 years. They have special equipment designed for polishing Rolexes. It will look brand new. FWIW Rolex can tell if someone other than Rolex has polished the case or bracelet.

rodentman signature
Old mathus94

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
mathus94 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 09-12-08 , 12:25 PM

what do you mean by it will get scratched sooner or later like your car and you cant do anything about it, what does this mean??? cause I just bought I new tissot touch and i went hiking and it got a fine scratch and I want to remove it so I need help please

Old neo125

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Blue Sapphire

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 51
neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 09-12-08 , 08:50 PM

i just use a small jewelry brush on my tool at work to take the scratches out of my Bvlgari watch. But now I have just given up and live with the wear and tear. Nothing stays brand new looking for long.

Old mathus94

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
mathus94 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-13-08 , 02:39 AM

can you give the name of the brush so i can order it??? I just wanna remove some scratches

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-15-08 , 10:27 PM

You will never be able to maintain a watch to look brand new all the time. If you wear it there will be scratches sooner or later. It's inevitable.

I have several Rolexes and I am very careful with them, but the SS sport ones, like the SD and Sub are tool watches.

Every 5 years send it to a Rolex Service Center and it will come back looking brand new. I would not mess with it other than using a Cape Cod cloth on the polished surfaces.

There are some fiberglass brushes (pens) that can be used on brushed surfaces, but they just blend in the scratches with more scratches.

rodentman signature
Old rinky9888

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
rinky9888 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 04-22-09 , 01:57 PM

Like wrinkles on your face, scratches on your watch give it character. But not everybody is philosophical about such things. I dont mind scratches that I put on a watch myself but feel a compulsion to remove scratches that I inherit from others on a second-hand watch. It makes little sense, but thats how it is.

There is no universal way to repair, clean, or polish all SS surfaces: you must use different methods for different finishes. They are not without risk, the only safe way being to send the watch to a jeweler. But if you are adventurous and persistent, the results can be very rewarding.

Last edited by rinky9888 : 04-22-09 at 01:59 PM.
Old Damaso

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Damaso is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 06-03-09 , 04:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihabzreik
Hello ,
just bought a brand new stainless steal Rolex , there is some fine hair lines scratches on it maybe by rubbing it with a cotton cloth ,
i need to remove thoes scratches they are very fine but they really bothering me what should i do to bring it bag brand new????

....Well, my advice to you is to take it to a qualify Rolex watchmaker in your town/city.
Keep in mind that a Rolex is a fine watch and it shouldn't be given to any watchmaker/finisher. I was a Jewelry Polisher for 15 years and I learned to finish fine gold bracelets/watch bracelets etc. back in those days some used to be "bark-finished"
or "satin-finished" etc. now , you mentioned that your watch is stainless-steel...now that is a hard metal in order to remove scratches, resatin-finished etc it defenitly has to be a professional with the right equipment.
Now my friend keep in mind that wearing the watch every day and depending of how active/rough you are... I don't know, may your line of work
involves wrapping a heavy cable line hanging from a stationary flying helicopter to freshly cut tree trunks in the picturesque North West Oregon, in that line of work you are going to put some scratches to your Rolex.

I hope that I had been of some advice.
Damaso

Read Messages in: WATCHES All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Tag Heuer Suppliers by bping
Up a Topic My ideal setting Roberto Coin Cento Tulip style posted in Jewelry Design by scotkat
Older:
Down a Topic Piaget Watch Question by PiagetWatch
Down a Topic 9ct Yellow Gold Ring posted in Greet New Members by JanUpton