Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old adamkp83

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
adamkp83 is on a distinguished road

Hello, My names Adam and I'm a diamond-aholic.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-30-07 , 07:01 PM

Well, maybe not really, although I love diamonds (reading about them, learning and just reading/watching people's reaction to these stones).

The reason I'm here, to be honest, is that I'm looking to get the best bang for an engagement ring I'm trying to sell. I am in the market for a 2.0-2.25ct Emerald cut Diamond to upgrade my fiancee's current 1.28ct Emerald cut diamond.

No scams from me, just hopefully a few laughs and a couple of deals. And drinks if you are in the Las Vegas area (on me of course)!

So, I'll let this thread run a couple days then I'll post information on the Sell forum. I don't have a good digital camera so please bare with the pictures, I promise this ring is beautiful, just the stone size isn't adequate. Any questions for me, about me, about the stone, please ask.

-Adam Peterson

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 190
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Hello, My names Adam and I'm a diamond-aholic.
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-30-07 , 07:14 PM

Welcome Adam! You can't trade in the 1.28ct toward the upgrade?

Old adamkp83

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-30-07 , 07:17 PM

I could but their prices for what I want are ridiculous when I can find what I want for 3-6k cheaper than what they were offering for stones 1.89-2.25 in size. They offer me a trade-in if I spend 2x the price I paid. Which isn't a problem if they'd offer me a good price. But when I can go to their competitor and get it cheaper and prove it (by bringing in evidence of the price of the stone) and they refuse to negotiate then I won't be trading in. Obviously. So here I am now

-Adam

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 474
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 12-01-07 , 11:41 AM

Hi Adam.

Welcome to DR!

Good luck w/your sale!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 190
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 12-01-07 , 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adamkp83
I could but their prices for what I want are ridiculous when I can find what I want for 3-6k cheaper than what they were offering for stones 1.89-2.25 in size. They offer me a trade-in if I spend 2x the price I paid. Which isn't a problem if they'd offer me a good price. But when I can go to their competitor and get it cheaper and prove it (by bringing in evidence of the price of the stone) and they refuse to negotiate then I won't be trading in. Obviously. So here I am now

-Adam

That's a bummer. Are they offering you full retail value for your trade in? See the problem with selling a used ring is that you're not going to get full retail value, so you may take a big hit on the ring, but save on buying elsewhere. You'll have to weigh the differences.

Good luck. We'd love to see pictures soon!

Old adamkp83

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 12-03-07 , 02:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrenay
That's a bummer. Are they offering you full retail value for your trade in? See the problem with selling a used ring is that you're not going to get full retail value, so you may take a big hit on the ring, but save on buying elsewhere. You'll have to weigh the differences.

Good luck. We'd love to see pictures soon!

We'll see what I can get, if anything. I think I got a great deal all around so I don't know if I'll take a huge hit. They are offering the price I paid - not sure if that's what you mean by "full retail" because a similar diamond is a bit more expensive (price in showcase).

I'm trying to get my hands on a decent digital camera, only one I have is a 5 year old Optio.

Thanks for the reply

-Adam

Last edited by adamkp83 : 12-03-07 at 02:20 AM.
Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic curiousdublin by curiousdublin
Up a Topic 14K Yellow Gold and Diamond bracelet posted in FEEDBACK by evilmailjeep
Older:
Down a Topic Hi I m Daniel and I m a chemist by akayama
Down a Topic 1949 1950 engagement platinum ring posted in Antique and Estate Jewelry by rlavoe