Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 50
ashdteb78 is just really nice ashdteb78 is just really nice ashdteb78 is just really nice ashdteb78 is just really nice

Question about a purchase on Ebay
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-14-07 , 05:45 PM

I just was curious about something. We bid on a no reserve auction on Ebay for a 1.35 vintage pave style ring with the center stone being 1.0 Asscher VS2, I in color. The setting is 18k white gold. The pave setting with the diamonds on the side are .35

So we won the auction at about 1200 dollars. Now when we called the lady she was rude and pissed because the auction went for so cheap (okay is this my fault?). Now no doubt that 1200 dollars for a 1.00 carat asscher diamond is a good deal.

Well 30 days went by and we never recieved the ring and they said they misunderstood us and thought we were upgrading to platinum, which we never said we wanted too. They just wanted more money.

So 2 more weeks go by and they said they chipped the stone setting it and were searching for a replacement stone. So its now been over 2 months since we paid for the ring and last night my husband got on the phone with them and they were trying to weisel out of us 500 more dollars. My husband finally agreed on 200 more dollars so we paid 1400 (yes still a good deal, but again its not our fault).

So this is what they say they are sending me.
1.04 royal asscher, SI1, H in color. Im kind of hesitant because its a step down in clarity, but i know the royal asscher is a good cut. H is a decent color but not the best.

Anybody have any thoughts on this? Should we have handled this different. My ring that i lost was a 1.04 asscher, vs1, H in color and I loved it but it was just a regular asscher, whats the difference?

Thanks in advance.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 187
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Question about a purchase on Ebay
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-14-07 , 05:52 PM

Why would anyone sell a 1ct royal asscher for $1400?? Something smells mighty fishy! When do you expect to get the diamond?

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  August?s Custom Engagement Ring Spotlight

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 442
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=4203, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-14-07 , 05:55 PM

Something smells very fishy indeed!

Please post the link to the auction.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
ashdteb78 is just really nice ashdteb78 is just really nice ashdteb78 is just really nice ashdteb78 is just really nice

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 11-14-07 , 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayrenay
Why would anyone sell a 1ct royal asscher for $1400?? Something smells mighty fishy! When do you expect to get the diamond?

I completely agree with you. Though they claim it comes with an GIA or an EGL (I can't remember which they said) certificate. They expected the NO RESERVE auction to sell for a lot higher.

They actually have a store front in california and have almost 100% feed back. They sell tons of jewelery on Ebay.

They didn't want to sell me it they kept trying ot get more money from us, but its not my fault the "no-reserve" auction ended at the price it did.

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-14-07 , 06:00 PM

I will try to find the listing. Though its under my husbands user name and he hasn't left feedback yet because they are suppose to finally ship the ring Late today or Tomorrow morning. Let me do some searching later when my husband brings his computer home and I will see if I can find the auction listing.

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 11-14-07 , 06:02 PM

Also they are claiming to be loosing 1500 dollars on the ring, so that concludes to me they paid 2900 or 3000 for the stone.

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-14-07 , 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashdteb78
Also they are claiming to be loosing 1500 dollars on the ring, so that concludes to me they paid 2900 or 3000 for the stone.

I'm sorry, but I cannot understand how people can expect a business to give a consumer a twenty dollar bill for ten dollars.

It does not happen, period

Almost 2 months and no ring?

I would recommend that you initiate proceedings for a charge-back/ refund thru ebay/paypal or the credit card company.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-14-07 , 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianKnox
I'm sorry, but I cannot understand how people can expect a business to give a consumer a twenty dollar bill for ten dollars.

It does not happen, period

Almost 2 months and no ring?

I would recommend that you initiate proceedings for a charge-back/ refund thru ebay/paypal or the credit card company.

Brian

Brian, I never expected for them to loose money or give me anything-I simply bid on an auction on Ebay and expect to recieve the item I paid for. I am sorry they chipped the stone. It has been over 2 months of phone calls back and forth. I have sold items on ebay where I did not get what I wanted, but I still had to send the item as its a legally binding contract.

I just want my ring. They finally got on a confrence call last night with two owners and my husband and they agreed to send the royal asscher. They did not let it go unknown that they were loosing thier asses on it. But not to sound unsympathetic, but I can't help it. I simply bid and the auction ended at what it did (we would have bid higher, but we didn't have to). It is not my fault that they chipped the first stone. I expect to have a ring sent with the specifications they put on the auction.

Can you not understand that?

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-14-07 , 06:31 PM

Quote:
Brian, I never expected for them to loose money or give me anything-I simply bid on an auction on Ebay and expect to recieve the item I paid for. I am sorry they chipped the stone. It has been over 2 months of phone calls back and forth. I have sold items on ebay where I did not get what I wanted, but I still had to send the item as its a legally binding contract.

I just want my ring. They finally got on a confrence call last night with two owners and my husband and they agreed to send the royal asscher. They did not let it go unknown that they were loosing thier asses on it. But not to sound unsympathetic, but I can't help it. I simply bid and the auction ended at what it did (we would have bid higher, but we didn't have to). It is not my fault that they chipped the first stone. I expect to have a ring sent with the specifications they put on the auction.

Now that's a tad rude considering you're the one that asked how you should handle this!

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 11-14-07 , 06:35 PM

Im sorry I am not trying to be rude. I feel like he is repromanding me for "screwing the business."

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 11-14-07 , 06:37 PM

I understand perfectly what you are saying...

What I am saying is that I do not believe that you will receive a 1.04 royal asscher, SI1, H in color in a platinum ring for the price you paid.

I guess we will see.

Maybe Jan or Brad can chime in on whether Royal Asschers usually come with a GIA report and/or maybe how to identify a genuine Royal Asscher.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 11-14-07 , 06:39 PM

Quote:
... "screwing the business."

Not at all.

I was looking out for you, because I felt (to use your term) that you were being screwed.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Last edited by BrianKnox : 11-14-07 at 06:44 PM.
Old maven

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2.01 ct Round brilliant diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 361
maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute maven has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=256, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 11-14-07 , 06:44 PM

Quote:

Listen Brian gave you good advice that you refuse to hear !!!
On ebay you should definitely receive your goods within seller specificed time period for shipping or within 30 days or file a dispute and paypal and,credit card claim and chargeback.

Watch how fast you get results then.
IF you were buying an EGL or GIA( I doubt it) stone you 'd have a report number to view on line and you be able to see what your getting so to speak.
However No one is selling you a 1 carat GIA stone for $1200/
So my guess is your getting the JIA ( knock off ) version sort of like TAr J ( Target) .
People can only take advantge of you if you let them.
Post the auction number or your ID and we can look at the particulars.If you have a GIA or EGL report number from the "substitute" stone post that we can check it on line.
Its more than FISHY is just BS.

They are either scamming you or wanting you to say nevermind I changed my mind refund me and they'll relist the stone (if it really exists)

Without any report number or paperwork I'd say it does not.
Brain you can spot them a mile way!

maven signature
Don't ask for my opinion unless you really want to hear it~ Maven
Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 11-14-07 , 06:46 PM

Quote:
Im sorry I am not trying to be rude. I feel like he is repromanding me for "screwing the business."

The way I read it was that Brian is more worried about you getting screwed than the business. As in, they're not going to give you a brand new $20 bill for you're $10 bill -- a counterfeit $20 bill maybe.

Edited to add -- Lost my interenet connection there for a few minutes and Brian already explained himself.

Last edited by jayrenay : 11-14-07 at 06:48 PM.
Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 11-14-07 , 06:56 PM

Quote:
I understand perfectly what you are saying...

What I am saying is that I do not believe that you will receive a 1.04 royal asscher, SI1, H in color in a platinum ring for the price you paid.

I guess we will see.

Maybe Jan or Brad can chime in on whether Royal Asschers usually come with a GIA report and/or maybe how to identify a genuine Royal Asscher.

Brian

Thank you for your imput, BINGO that is what I am wondering. They don't come with any certificates? How do I know if its genuine? I guess I will take a picture (if it ever comes) and post it and have it inspected.

Also its not set in platinum. They said they thought we had wanted to upgrade to Platinum, that is what was taking so long the first go round, they had to special order it in. Once we clarified we were okay with just the 14k white gold, they said they'd have it set and ready to ship in a day. Then when we still didn't recieve the ring we called again and they said the ring got chipped, and they were looking for a replacement. They then came back with a .9 square emerald that was a J color. I didn't want that stone because of the color, so they went searching again. Then they finally called and said they had a royal asscher, but that they were hoping to get $500 more from us. (that way the'd only be out $1000) Honestly my husband and I really don't have an extra $500 right now) so we tried to help still and offered the extra $200 hoping that would appease them some. Which they did except, with out trying to make us feel guilty for thier loss.

Now I have a bad taste in my mouth from our last jewelwer experience. We went to a local private jeweler for my wedding ring and they agreed upon $4700 (three years ago) for a 1.0 VS1, H color asscher in a plain platinum setting. They said they'd give me $2250 for my ring I was trading in on. Apparently the sales associate that made this deal with us got fired and they refused to honor the deal. We had put down our trade and $1000, owing $1450. Well the manager sent us our check back for $1000 and my trade and demanded my ring back, which we refused to give back. For 2 years my husband and the jeweler dickered back and forth on the price and they were demanding $7000 for the ring and only would give $1200 or $1500 for my trade. They pulled a sneaky trick and showed up at my espresso stand and said they had a court order for my ring back. WHICH THEY DID NOT. but hind site is always 20/20. They caught me off gaurd and because there were 3 of them and I was alone I handed the ring back thinking I would be in trouble if I didn't. My husband was furious with me and he contacted his attorney and filed charges against them, but its tied up in court. I guess to sum this story up is 1.) I got duped by the previous jeweler 2.) I've been with out a wedding ring for a year now and 3.) we can't afford a lot and my husband really wanted to replace my wedding ring with approximately what I had.

So yes I am weary of this transaction, and I cross my fingers I am not getting screwed over again!

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 11-14-07 , 07:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maven
Listen Brian gave you good advice that you refuse to hear !!!
On ebay you should definitely receive your goods within seller specificed time period for shipping or within 30 days or file a dispute and paypal and,credit card claim and chargeback.

Watch how fast you get results then.
IF you were buying an EGL or GIA( I doubt it) stone you 'd have a report number to view on line and you be able to see what your getting so to speak.
However No one is selling you a 1 carat GIA stone for $1200/
So my guess is your getting the JIA ( knock off ) version sort of like TAr J ( Target) .
People can only take advantge of you if you let them.
Post the auction number or your ID and we can look at the particulars.If you have a GIA or EGL report number from the "substitute" stone post that we can check it on line.
Its more than FISHY is just BS.

They are either scamming you or wanting you to say nevermind I changed my mind refund me and they'll relist the stone (if it really exists)

Without any report number or paperwork I'd say it does not.
Brain you can spot them a mile way!

Shoot... Okay here is the deal. The origional auction had a certificate listed-I didn't realize or know that you can verify the number. I would grab that off the listing, when my husband gets home if he brings his laptop with him. They sent a second GIA cert, via an email on the replacement stone they hoped I would except (the .90 square emerald) and I think I still have that email on my husbands computer saved as well.

I can tell you who the seller was- Wonder Jewelers- on ebay. I think you are right in that they were hoping to just refund the money because they even offered us a couple hundred more, but I know I can't find another stone that size for only $1500.

My husband specifically asked if this stone came with a certification and they said it did. So we shall see that too. If it does-if the ring shows up, I will post that number as well.

Thank you all for your impute. I have been pulling my hair out over all this!

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 11-14-07 , 07:16 PM

http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?Us...ved+by&ref=home

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 11-14-07 , 07:34 PM

Here's their BBB report...

http://www.labbb.org/BBBWeb/Forms/B...nyID=131945 90

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 477
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=227, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 11-14-07 , 08:30 PM

FYI...Wonderjewelers is aka DiamondsnDeals, and aka Preciousjewelersonline. Wonderjewelers is one of the sites who has had multiple identities trying to promote themselves here on DiamondRing.
Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Last edited by irish : 11-14-07 at 08:47 PM.
Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 11-14-07 , 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
FYI...Wonderjewelers is aka DiamondsnDeals, and aka Preciousjewelersonline. Wonderjewelers is one of the sites who has had multiple identities trying to promote themselves here on DiamondRing.
Irish

Thanks for the INFO..good to see. For the most part they are an A on the BBB and the negative and neutral feed back was from 2006/2005, it would seem they have kept thier nose clean since.. If the stone is what it is suppose to be, and they deliver with in the next couple days, I will not leave neg. feed back.

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 11-14-07 , 09:15 PM

Quote:

Brian

Brian, I just asked my husband over the phone and he said they said its suppose to come with an EGL report on the stone. I guess time will tell. The ring is/was suppose to ship this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Its suppose to be shipped 2nd day air by fedex. I'll let you know.

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 11-14-07 , 09:53 PM

Quote:
Brian, I just asked my husband over the phone and he said they said its suppose to come with an EGL report on the stone. I guess time will tell. The ring is/was suppose to ship this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Its suppose to be shipped 2nd day air by fedex. I'll let you know.

Hmmm... I hope Jan or Brad stop by -- but I just can't imagine that Royal Asschers would be sent to EGL??

Does anyone know?

Old ashdteb78

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 11-14-07 , 10:33 PM

oh great!!! So what kind of certification am I getting on the thing? What do they do for Royal Asschers, and whats the big deal with a royal asscher anyway, isn't it just like an asscher only with more facets (or how ever you spell it)?

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 471
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 11-15-07 , 12:22 PM

Boy it sounds like you've had some terrible luck, ashdteb78. Sorry to hear about both your experiences with these 2 jewelers.

First of all, it's NOT your fault the ring sold for so low. That jeweler should have placed a reserve on the auction.

The chipping just sounds like another excuse for them not to sell you that ring at that price.

I think that's awful they are trying to charge you more after the fact too! That is not professional at all!

I do hope everything works out for you. If not, you should seriously consider leaving them negative feedback on Ebay (feedback can be left within 90 days from the date of sale) & filing a complaint with the BBB.

Good luck.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 471
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 11-15-07 , 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irish
Irish

Thanks a lot for this info Irish!!!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Diamondaura by ranglehall
Up a Topic thank you all posted in Greet New Members by dorseydiamond
Older:
Down a Topic An I2 oh my by vpaul
Down a Topic Certified 2 50ct Sapphire Diamond Yellow Gold Ring 4130 Value posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by uggamer