Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old yellowgoldfan

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
yellowgoldfan has a spectacular aura about yellowgoldfan has a spectacular aura about yellowgoldfan has a spectacular aura about

Yellow gold fan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-10-07 , 03:54 PM

Is there a way to chemically turn white gold back into yellow gold ? I had a diamond set in a white gold semi mount, but really don't care for the white gold at all.

Last edited by yellowgoldfan : 10-10-07 at 03:58 PM.
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 475
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Yellow gold fan
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-11-07 , 09:44 AM

You could probably have a jeweler buff off the rhodium plating to give it a warmer, more yellow appearance. But white gold will never look as yellow as yellow gold.

Maybe a competent jeweler could plate it in yellow gold........I have a yellow gold band that was rhodium plated to look like white gold (I guess we are opposite ).

Good luck.

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old yellowgoldfan

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
yellowgoldfan has a spectacular aura about yellowgoldfan has a spectacular aura about yellowgoldfan has a spectacular aura about

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-11-07 , 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyandSexy
You could probably have a jeweler buff off the rhodium plating to give it a warmer, more yellow appearance. But white gold will never look as yellow as yellow gold.

Maybe a competent jeweler could plate it in yellow gold........I have a yellow gold band that was rhodium plated to look like white gold (I guess we are opposite ).

Good luck.

Amy

Hey Amy,
Thanks for the info...it's a semi mount with 1 carat of diamonds pave` set (in addition to the center stone), so I am pretty doubtful it can be plated. By the way, I love your quote about dogs. We had a dalmatian that just passed away, and I was really upset...the people at work were teasing me about it and your quote was basically my answer - that my dog was a much better friend than any human being I know, it's so true.

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-12-07 , 10:05 AM

Hmmmm, you're probably right. I don't think the plating will work since it's pave. Have you considered just changing the prongs from white to yellow gold? Then at least your ring would be 2-tone, and you'd have some yellow gold. But then it might bring out more yellow in your diamond (if your center stone is a diamond).

Sorry to hear about your Dalmation. Losing a fur baby is downright heartwrenching! The only thing I don't like about dogs, is that they don't live as long as us. I hope someday soon the pain will fade, and you'll only be left with wonderful memories!

I love that quote by Andy Rooney. Yes it's comical, but very true!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-12-07 , 10:23 AM

Here are some more quotes you will love:

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue.
~Anonymous

There is no psychiatrist in the world like a puppy licking your face.
~Ben Williams

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself.
~Josh Billings

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love, and always have to mix love & hate.
~Anonymous

Anybody who doesn't know what soap tastes like, never washed a dog.
~Franklin P. Jones

If your dog is fat, you aren't getting enough exercise.
~Unknown

My dog is worried about the economy because Alpo is up to $3.00 a can. That's almost $21.00 in dog money.
~Joe Weinstein

Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
~Robert A. Heinlein

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man.
~Mark Twain

Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
~Roger Caras
(ONE OF MY FAVORITE QUOTES!)

If you think dogs can't count, try putting 3 dog biscuits in your pocket and then give him only two of them.
~Phil Pastoret

Here are my fur babies if you want to see them:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=89740

My hubby & I have 3 wonderful dogs: 2 Black Lab Mixes & 1 Buff Cocker Spaniel. We love them so much.......and they are very, very spoiled!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
~Andy Rooney
Last edited by FoxyandSexy : 10-12-07 at 10:28 AM. Reason: html error
Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Hello Everyone by JNorbury
Up a Topic Hello Everyone posted in Greet New Members by JNorbury
Older:
Down a Topic Hi Everyone I m new here by htnspz
Down a Topic Hi Everyone I m new here posted in Greet New Members by htnspz