Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old deel20

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
deel20 is on a distinguished road

Beautiful Engagement Ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 07-30-07 , 04:56 PM

$8,500

Two-tone gold 14k diamond engagement ring. It is set with pear cut in a five prong basket and it is 1.06 cts. Measures 7.75mm in length and 5.65 in width and 3.92 in depth. The ring is in very good condition and was appraised for $9225 on July 12th, 2007.

Attached Images
appraisal1.jpg appraisal2.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Jayelsea

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: my new little oval stud beauties

My Karma
Power: 60
Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of Jayelsea has much to be proud of

Re: Beautiful Engagement Ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-04-07 , 01:41 AM

pretty stone but seems WAY over priced.
I just did a quick search and found a VERY similar (1.04CT I color VS2) stone for a lot less ($4319.70) AND the one I found is a GIA cert diamond (gia report #14989946). From what I can tell the one you're selling doesn't come w/ any certs, just the appraisal.
I know the ring you're listing isn't a loose diamond but that is such a basic setting I can't understand why the price is so high?

Old Stars

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Stars is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-26-07 , 12:36 PM

I agree, that price is way too high. Even if it was new, it would not be sold for that price at any jeweler. Keep in mind appraisals are always inflated.

You will be lucky if you could get $2500 for a pre-owned ring like yours.

Old DesiLu

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 206
DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute DesiLu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-30-07 , 07:29 AM

I've noticed a "trend" in these types of ideas. People don't seem to understand the purpose of an appraisal and how they are *purposely* over-inflated...they tend to think that just because the appraisal states a value of, say, $10,000.00, they can easily (or "fairly") ask for $9999.99, for a .65ct I-1, J-color NON-CERTED stone...and they ask for ridiculous amounts for a simpler-than-simple Tiffany-style, six-prong setting.

It doesn't work like that, people! Research! Research! Research!

DesiLu signature
"I DON'T KNOW YOU!!....THAT'S MY PURSE!! <kick>" --Bobby Hill, while taking a women's self-defense class. (King of the Hill)
Old sistagrl2004

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (6)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+6  0

My Karma
Power: 75
sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold sistagrl2004 is a splendid one to behold

Remove Your Information
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-30-07 , 07:58 AM

I don't think it's a good idea to advertise that you have a diamond in your home and then provide your address (on the appraisal). Perhaps you can block that portion off w/ paintbrush!? I also have to agree. You'd be hard pressed to even get $2500 on this board for that stone.

Read Messages in: JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Diamond Bridal Set by hubb
Up a Topic Not Really New Here posted in Greet New Members by DesiLu
Older:
Down a Topic Past Present Future Leo Diamond Pendant by GorrisK
Down a Topic Antique Jewelry Eye Candy posted in DIAMONDS by gracie