Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old talons

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Classifieds
Diamonds: 1
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
talons is on a distinguished road

Beautiful .72 carat Brilliant cut diamond
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 07-23-07 , 06:10 PM

$1,900

Beautiful Brilliant round cut diamond. .72 carats. (This ad is for diamond only, see seperate ad for entire ring.) please email to request more pictures! price is for diamond only. see ad for entire ring. priced at $3600.

Attached Images
P1010507.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old jayrenay

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 190
jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute jayrenay has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Beautiful .72 carat Brilliant cut diamond
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 07-24-07 , 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by talons
Beautiful Brilliant round cut diamond. .72 carats. nearly flawless. please email to request more pictures! price is for diamond only. see ad for entire ring. priced at $3800, will negotiate.

Nearly flawless?? It's an SI2! You've got your price too high as one could buy a brand new diamond from a vendor with an upgrade policy for less than your asking price.

Old talons

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Re: Beautiful .72 carat Brilliant cut diamond
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 07-24-07 , 11:00 PM

i am new at this and i'm no diamond expert. i only know what i paid for it. i guess i can lower my price.

Old alex88

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 78
alex88 is a jewel in the rough alex88 is a jewel in the rough alex88 is a jewel in the rough

Hey talons...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 07-26-07 , 01:27 PM

I don't think jayrenay meant any harm. It's just when you use the term "nearly flawless" a person would think that the clarity of the stone would be in the neighborhood of Internally Flawless VVS1, VVS2, even VS1.

When you get into the SI clariity range, SI2 is the very last clarity grade before you get to the I clarity range, in which flaws are usually quite visible to the naked eye.

There is a premium associated with the higher clarity grades, so upon seeing SI2, the price seemed to be more in line with a higher clarity grade.

If you stick around and read the other educational forums we've got here, you'll be at least a semi-expert in no time! ;-)

edited to add: In re-selling a diamond, unfortunately it is rare to get back what you paid out.

Last edited by alex88 : 07-26-07 at 01:29 PM.
Old talons

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Re: Hey talons...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-26-07 , 01:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex88
I don't think jayrenay meant any harm. It's just when you use the term "nearly flawless" a person would think that the clarity of the stone would be in the neighborhood of Internally Flawless VVS1, VVS2, even VS1.

When you get into the SI clariity range, SI2 is the very last clarity grade before you get to the I clarity range, in which flaws are usually quite visible to the naked eye.

There is a premium associated with the higher clarity grades, so upon seeing SI2, the price seemed to be more in line with a higher clarity grade.

If you stick around and read the other educational forums we've got here, you'll be at least a semi-expert in no time! ;-)

edited to add: In re-selling a diamond, unfortunately it is rare to get back what you paid out.

thanks for the advice adn education, and the nice words. as i said, dont really know anything about jewelry. that makes sense that i wouldnt get as much as i paid for it. i love the ring so much if i end up keeping it it's definitely ok! thanks agaon!

Read Messages in: JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Unique Round Brilliant Solitaire Diamond And Platinum Ring by talons
Up a Topic Unique Round Brilliant Solitaire Diamond And Platinum Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by talons
Older:
Down a Topic One of a kind diamond bracelet by SusanC
Down a Topic Sapphire Diamond Split Shank Halo Design posted in FEEDBACK by BrianKnox