Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Classic2000

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Breitling Navi World/ Rolex Sub

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Karma
Power: 68
Classic2000 is on a distinguished road

Vatche Royal Crown Engagement Ring Semi-Mount
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-20-07 , 09:48 PM

$650

For sale is a Vatche Royal Crown Engagement Ring Semi-mount. It's platinum and size 6 brand new. The only use this ring saw was having the diamond mounted than unmounted after my fiancee saw the ring and decided she would like something else.

I paid $1200.00 for this mounting but if you're looking to purchase it from a retailer new, there's no point in paying full price. Especially when you can buy it from me and it's new. I realize I won't get the full price for it so I'm offering it at a lower price than what I paid. I'm putting it up for sale at $650.00. If you have any questions or would like additional pictures please feel free to email me.

**REDUCED** I'm lowering the price from $900.00 to $650!!

Attached Images
100_0366.jpg 100_0378.jpg 100_0379.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old alex88

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 77
alex88 is a jewel in the rough alex88 is a jewel in the rough alex88 is a jewel in the rough

What size stone will this take?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-21-07 , 12:10 PM

I did a search to see if you talked about the ring at all, and all I could find were previous posts for a vatche ring that was for a 1.70ct. diamond? Is this the same ring? What is the style number? It would be good to see the possible range of diamonds (in terms of ct./mm size) that Vatche indicates that this ring could fit.

If this is the same ring, I also read that you had Barry shave it down to be a thinner shank. That is also something that should factor in on your price other than the ring not being new because whoever buys will be getting less platinum that the original ring had.

I personally like the shanks to be as thin as possible, so this is not a turnoff for me, but it would be good if you could clarify.

If this is not the same ring, I do apologize!

Old Classic2000

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Re: Vatche Royal Crown Engagement Ring Semi-Mount
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-21-07 , 04:34 PM

Alex88,

Thank you for pointing that out. I looked for that thread to accurately describe this mounting.

You're correct and I do apologize...I forgot about the shank being slightly shaved down.

I would disagree with you about a potential buyer receiving a ring with less platinum or it not being new...this is how I purchased the ring. I didn't purchase it than have it shaved down...it was done prior to receiving it.

I stated that at the time of purchase, "since the shank is being shaved down and there's less platinum, won't the price change?" The answer I received was no. The price ($1200.00 approximately) I paid was with the shank already slightly shaved down. The base price for this mounting is $605.00 but upgrading it to platinum is $495.00 and the standard head (fits 1ct. center stone) comes with with mounting but to make the head larger (>1ct.) is $110.00.

If anyone would like, I will post a copy of the receipt. Thank you for pointing out the mounting was slightly shaved down I actually forgot since it's been a while.

The size diamond this mounting will hold is a 7.8-8.0mm round diamond (1.75-2.0ct) I would also like to point out, the diamond I have for my fiancee is 1.70 and it fit the head perfectly even though her diamond is slightly under the recommended carat weight because her diamond is 7.8mm in diameter.

Old snowangel13

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 54
snowangel13 will become famous soon enough snowangel13 will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 07-17-07 , 09:43 AM

I wish this were white gold...I have a 1.76 diamond, what mounting did you eventually pic for her diamond? Any pics? Thanks

Old Classic2000

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-17-07 , 01:08 PM

I eventually chose a martin flyer piece. It's really pretty. I'm curious why do you like WG over platinum? Personal choice or you have a wedding band in WG?

Old snowangel13

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
snowangel13 will become famous soon enough snowangel13 will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 07-17-07 , 03:24 PM

I hate the look of platinum after it's been worn for awhile. A jeweler cannot remove the dings, scratches no matter how hard he/she tries. White gold, looks so lustrous...when it's buffed, it looks brand new again! I like the look of white gold much better, and it's much cheaper. I have a few bands in white gold...which isn't the problem, I would wear white gold and platinum together if I like platinum.

Old alex88

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 77
alex88 is a jewel in the rough alex88 is a jewel in the rough alex88 is a jewel in the rough

Classic-Martin Flyer has gorgeous pieces!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 07-18-07 , 09:58 AM

Great choice. I bought a platinum pave Martin Flyer piece that has two trilliant sapphires on each side. I had been searching for a setting to house a .92 diamond that I have and it was perfect! Also, I hadn't visited this thread in a while and want to apologize to Classic for my error in speaking about the pricing for the slightly thinner shank. What ever size the shank is, anyone can feel comfortable buying a Vatche piece as they are extremely well made. I have the RC in 18k yellow gold w/a plat head and love it! Upon thinking about it, platinum is way heavier than gold anyway, so shaving it down a hair wouldn't compromise anything, and I absolutely wasn't trying to imply that at all. This is a very beautiful setting!

Snowangel- Really, a competent jeweler/bench person can remove the dings from Platinum and it takes a buffing really well...actually Platinum turns out car bumper shiny :-)

Old Classic2000

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 07-18-07 , 11:18 AM

alex88,
I knew you weren't implying that but I appreciate you stopping by. I remember asking if the price would be lower and they said no and I also asked if shaving down the shank would cause a problem to the structural integrity of the ring and they said no unless it was extremely thin (which they wouldn't do anyway).

Snowangel,
I agree with alex88...platinum can be buffed out quite nicely because my wife has a few rings in platinum and she teaches but somehow they look like she deals with construction. I've had all of her rings polished/buffed and they look brand new. I know if you get a ding in platinum you don't loose metal off the ring whereas you do with gold. I have a few dings in my wedding band and it's white gold. My jeweler said they would have to fill in the dings with solder (the dings are around the edge of the ring).

Old snowangel13

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-26-07 , 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic2000
alex88,
I knew you weren't implying that but I appreciate you stopping by. I remember asking if the price would be lower and they said no and I also asked if shaving down the shank would cause a problem to the structural integrity of the ring and they said no unless it was extremely thin (which they wouldn't do anyway).

Snowangel,
I agree with alex88...platinum can be buffed out quite nicely because my wife has a few rings in platinum and she teaches but somehow they look like she deals with construction. I've had all of her rings polished/buffed and they look brand new. I know if you get a ding in platinum you don't loose metal off the ring whereas you do with gold. I have a few dings in my wedding band and it's white gold. My jeweler said they would have to fill in the dings with solder (the dings are around the edge of the ring).

I'm thinking of ordering this mount from Vatche, and wondered if you went with the 1.75 or 2.00 carat head for your diamond. My diamond is 1.76 carats. Thanks

Old Pookarina

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 106
Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-26-07 , 09:41 PM

Quote:
For sale is a Vatche Royal Crown Engagement Ring Semi-mount. It's platinum and size 6 brand new. The only use this ring saw was having the diamond mounted than unmounted after my fiancee saw the ring and decided she would like something else.

I paid $1200.00 for this mounting but if you're looking to purchase it from a retailer new, there's no point in paying full price. Especially when you can buy it from me and it's new. I realize I won't get the full price for it so I'm offering it at a lower price than what I paid. I'm putting it up for sale at $650.00. If you have any questions or would like additional pictures please feel free to email me.

that is a very good price.I paidI More for mine used. what size diamond does it hold? That is important to know.

Last edited by Pookarina : 09-26-07 at 09:42 PM.
Old stci

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 93
stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 09-26-07 , 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pookarina
that is a very good price.I paidI More for mine used. what size diamond does it hold? That is important to know.

Read girls! Here the response: "The size diamond this mounting will hold is a 7.8-8.0mm round diamond (1.75-2.0ct) I would also like to point out, the diamond I have for my fiancee is 1.70 and it fit the head perfectly even though her diamond is slightly under the recommended carat weight because her diamond is 7.8mm in diameter. "

stci signature
Excuse my bad english cause I'm french...
Old gracie

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 104
gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute gracie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 10-04-07 , 10:49 PM

Sorry for the hijack but, HI POOKIE!!!!

Nice to see you around these parts again... Any new bling?

Last edited by gracie : 10-04-07 at 10:50 PM.
Old sigdog

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
sigdog is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 04-27-09 , 09:48 PM

i would buy this bad boy if it was still available

Old beany410

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
beany410 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 01-22-10 , 08:27 PM

Hello, I see it has been some time since you have contributed to this thread, but the item is still posted. Is this ring still available?
Quote:

Read Messages in: JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Ladies keepsake diamond ring by pjfiveo
Up a Topic New Here posted in Greet New Members by Rachsmama
Older:
Down a Topic Tiffanys Men s Wedding Band by novemberdreams
Down a Topic Need to sell one loose diamond posted in Greet New Members by AthensTide