Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
thisbullet is on a distinguished road

Wanted: diamond stud
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-27-07 , 10:01 PM

Hi there!

I've been saving for a stone for a while and I've finally gotten back into the diamond searching game now that I have some more cash.

I am looking for a diamond stud, just one diamond stud.

I'll start off by listing some requirements.

For the jewelry I'd like to see some 14k white gold. Screw back post is important to me.

as for the stone....

I'd really like to see .5 carat or something very close to that.

for clarity I think the safest rating to go down to would be SI2. So anything equal to that or better (i.e VS1, VVS2, etc.) would be preferable.

For the color I think anything that is D to I is nice.

I'd like to see something with an ideal or premium cut. something that really gives off some sparkle. very important

I'd like for this to be princess cut.

Also if i could keep it under $500 including the 14k white gold that'd be excellent. I really cant go anymore than that.

I'd like to see some variations on my specs. Example what can i get with carat if we go with a lower clarity in my range, lower color in my range etc.. Also would a gia make a difference in price? I've been told it shouldnt cost any extra.

alright, well I've done a lot of looking on websites, looked for loose diamonds and I'm really not feeling the prices. Not to mention i have to get it set with the 14k white gold in addition to whatever their prices were.

I'm looking for a jewler who can hook me up good and hook me up with the whole package the stone, 14k white gold (and cert.?).

Please, if anyone knows of some one i should talk to or happen to be a jewler themselves, I'd love to hear back from ya. I really hope we can get something close to what i want. I dont mean to be like an idiot and care only about the carat, but its actually pretty important to me. I think you guys know what im going through, tight budget, want the carat but dont want a big hunk of crap, want something with nice looks but not miniature either.

alright.... let me know, thanks so much

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Re: wanted: diamond stud
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-30-07 , 06:08 PM

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-02-07 , 04:31 PM

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 263
Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=8887, In=2
Referrals: 2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 05-02-07 , 04:38 PM

What you cooking in that pipe ?

Brad signature
DBOF.com

We sell diamonds not paper
Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Grandpa's Ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 117
Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 05-02-07 , 05:31 PM

Hmmm.... not sure if you'll find anything in the size range you're looking for at $500 retail, especially set. I'm assuming you've checked out Blue Nile (didn't see anything under $500) and similar drop shippers - the jewellers here can probably beat those prices by a bit (for the same stone), but not enough to cover the setting.

As for a GIA or similar cert, those run about $200 all by themselves, so it's going to be almost impossible to find a stone with one at under $500 - it's also the reason that you are seeing the online prices you are seeing.

You will most likely have to find something used or from an estate sale to hit this budget. That will be difficult since you're looking for a single stud - any chance you can team up with a buddy to split a pair of earrings? Alternatively, you might get really lucky and find a used engagement ring that you can have reset; selling the setting for scrap gold might even cover the setting cost.

Bling ain't cheap... but you can cook your own:

Last edited by Gemelli : 05-02-07 at 05:34 PM.
Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 05-02-07 , 08:58 PM

haha yes i got some spices cookin in my pipe. some green spices

haha @ that video. is that for real?

on a serious note though could we do something close to my specifications but a little less for $500 set? I'd just like to see what i can get for 500.

Old diamond4her

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 56
diamond4her will become famous soon enough diamond4her will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 05-02-07 , 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thisbullet
Hi there!

I've been saving for a stone for a while and I've finally gotten back into the diamond searching game now that I have some more cash.

I am looking for a diamond stud, just one diamond stud.

I'll start off by listing some requirements.

For the jewelry I'd like to see some 14k white gold. Screw back post is important to me.

as for the stone....

I'd really like to see .5 carat or something very close to that.

for clarity I think the safest rating to go down to would be SI2. So anything equal to that or better (i.e VS1, VVS2, etc.) would be preferable.

For the color I think anything that is D to I is nice.

I'd like to see something with an ideal or premium cut. something that really gives off some sparkle. very important

I'd like for this to be princess cut.

Also if i could keep it under $500 including the 14k white gold that'd be excellent. I really cant go anymore than that.

I'd like to see some variations on my specs. Example what can i get with carat if we go with a lower clarity in my range, lower color in my range etc.. Also would a gia make a difference in price? I've been told it shouldnt cost any extra.

alright, well I've done a lot of looking on websites, looked for loose diamonds and I'm really not feeling the prices. Not to mention i have to get it set with the 14k white gold in addition to whatever their prices were.

I'm looking for a jewler who can hook me up good and hook me up with the whole package the stone, 14k white gold (and cert.?).

Please, if anyone knows of some one i should talk to or happen to be a jewler themselves, I'd love to hear back from ya. I really hope we can get something close to what i want. I dont mean to be like an idiot and care only about the carat, but its actually pretty important to me. I think you guys know what im going through, tight budget, want the carat but dont want a big hunk of crap, want something with nice looks but not miniature either.

alright.... let me know, thanks so much

is this for your ear?

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 05-02-07 , 10:01 PM

yes, this is for my ear.

Old diamond4her

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 56
diamond4her will become famous soon enough diamond4her will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 05-03-07 , 10:01 AM

Quote:
yes, this is for my ear.

i hate to say this but $500 is going to get you something not worth buying. Why dont you buy a fake pair of studs set in 14 or 18k gold with a cz. Then if you lose it you have another and who cares? My sister has large 1 carat cz rounds set in white gold and they look great. I am not saying I dont understand wanting the real thing because I do but your $500 wold be better off in a CD at your bank earning interest. I know many men who did the earring thing and ended up wishing they hadnt pierced their ear in the first place. Men with earrings look narcissistic, self absorbed and immature anyway. Think Kevin Federline.........please save your money. Or buy a really tiny white gold ball or hoop. Buying a large size low quality diamond is simply a waste of money. I hate to appear judgmental but hey..............thats my 2 cents.

Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Grandpa's Ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 117
Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 05-03-07 , 11:48 AM

One other option - look at a different gemstone. Something along the lines of this sapphire might work and be on-budget:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=74225

Yeah, it's not a diamond, but it's over a carat and would at least be unique - depends if you want to set trends or follow them, though.

Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 274
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=16886, In=5948
Referrals: 24

Not so fast....
Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 05-03-07 , 01:03 PM

This one here is kind of close.

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=86280

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 05-03-07 , 04:12 PM

@diamond4her
Quote:
i hate to say this but $500 is going to get you something not worth buying. Why dont you buy a fake pair of studs set in 14 or 18k gold with a cz. Then if you lose it you have another and who cares? My sister has large 1 carat cz rounds set in white gold and they look great. I am not saying I dont understand wanting the real thing because I do but your $500 wold be better off in a CD at your bank earning interest. I know many men who did the earring thing and ended up wishing they hadnt pierced their ear in the first place. Men with earrings look narcissistic, self absorbed and immature anyway. Think Kevin Federline.........please save your money. Or buy a really tiny white gold ball or hoop. Buying a large size low quality diamond is simply a waste of money. I hate to appear judgmental but hey..............thats my 2 cents.

Hello. I appreciate your input. I've considered the CZ's but from what I've heard most of them are poorly cut and I really just dont want to be another guy with stupid oversized fake diamonds, it really bothers me.

In fact i started out thinking i'd get something smaller with more quality. I dont think .5 carat is a rediculous size. I think 1 carat on an ear is a bit much. But i'd like to see something between .4 and .5.

as far as losing it, I've never lost anthing of mine when out and about. I plan to have a screw back post for the stone. it is indeed important that i don't lose this.

As far as the $500 going into an earing, that's why im limiting it to $500. I have enough stocks, bonds and savings. I've spent $500 on stereo receivers, computers, electronics and such and I think if i enjoy this as much as those its worth it.

I don't think something that is like .4 - .5 and within for example F color and VS1 would be a waste. its not like i2 or something, and its not like M color.. as far as how it looks on guys, yes its a matter of opinion. I like the way it looks on my ear, I've put one up to my ear in person about the same specs.

@Brad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Hi Wendy I have something in a .44ct SI H princess coming in that would be in the $450 range complete. I can let you know when it gets here and send you over some photos by your email. Supposed to be a very bright diamond. I have to look it it first myself though.

Brad

the above is an email you sent me months ago. i was wondering why this would be $450 and the one that Jan offers is the same thing but $595? Just curious. thanks
@Jan
Quote:
This one here is kind of close.

$600 is pushing it a bit for me. If you could offer this to me at perhaps a better price or find something for me thats 500, just so i can get an idea. thats great.

@Gemelli
Quote:
One other option - look at a different gemstone. Something along the lines of this sapphire might work and be on-budget:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=74225

Yeah, it's not a diamond, but it's over a carat and would at least be unique - depends if you want to set trends or follow them, though.

Wow. That is definetally a beautiful sapphire. indeed its unique, I do like that.

I'd still like to continue the diamond search. I just dont feel I'll get the same reflective qualities from a CZ. also I have to deal with the conscious of wearing something fake and be like everyone else. I've spent a long time researching my ass off. I just hope i can find a deal soon. I went to a local jewler that had .5 carat, SI1, and i think h color. it was a set for $1000 and they said they'd do $500 for one. See, I definetally dont want a large low quality diamond. I think though, for an earing maybe going with something less than VS2 is a good idea to cut back on cost. I dont think inclusions would be visible at all in an earing. Color would be important too. I thikn i just need to find something close to .5 like .4 something, something with great color and a lower clarity, but not too low like I1 I2 I3... I don't want to touch that. I hope one of you could show me something for $500 or less thats close to what i want. main thing is that its bright and it reflects.. its not for a ring or anything. but i dont want to overdo the carat and have a crap diamond. i think you guys know what im after. hopefully some one comes around.

Last edited by thisbullet : 05-03-07 at 04:31 PM.
Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 05-03-07 , 09:23 PM

Quote:

@Brad

the above is an email you sent me months ago. i was wondering why this would be $450 and the one that Jan offers is the same thing but $595? Just curious. thanks

Yes it is. That was a special offer I gave you a while back. Once you walked away from the deal and I realized it was worth more, I then changed the price.

Plus I needed to cover the cost of a GIA report which I had planned to send it in for.

Did you want to buy it at $450. ?

Brad signature
DBOF.com

Last edited by Brad : 05-03-07 at 09:38 PM.
Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Re: Wanted: diamond stud
Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 05-03-07 , 11:14 PM

Does the 450 include the GIA? or was it $600 because of the GIA? Thanks!

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 05-04-07 , 12:02 AM

$450 without report
$595 with report

Brad signature
DBOF.com

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 05-04-07 , 06:27 AM

If you can set this in 14k white gold with a screwback post I think I can buy this at $450 with no report. I'll just need to run through the specs once more and see if its definetally what i want. How can i pay you? And what about shipping costs? I'm in new york. Thanks!!

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 05-05-07 , 08:54 PM

Just curious before i commit here... how much more would platinum be instead of the white gold. I would love that, I plan to purchase more platinum and this would match. thanks

maybe you could be really nice and but me a deal if i buy from you j/k

Last edited by thisbullet : 05-05-07 at 08:54 PM.
Old neo125

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Blue Sapphire

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 72
neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 05-11-07 , 12:16 PM

does that really work to make diamond in the microwave, or is that just a bunch of crap. What is the peanut butter supposed to do. I think they just put some fake rocks in there.

Old neo125

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future neo125 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 05-11-07 , 12:20 PM

you want a .5 ct stone set in platinum with a gia cert for $500. Good luck.

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 05-11-07 , 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neo125
you want a .5 ct stone set in platinum with a gia cert for $500. Good luck.

nah.. I mean making some adjustments like a litlte smaller carat, maybe no gia etc... i just wanted to see some prices on platinum for the hell of it...

Old neo125

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 05-11-07 , 10:08 PM

platinum is about double the price of gold right now. If i were you i would jump on that deal that brad is offering you. Thats a good stone at a great price. You can take it to any local jewler and have it set for a fairly descent price and you will have a much better ear ring than all this plastic crap the guys are wearing. And if you get tired of wearing it later you can easily sell it.

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 59
evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 05-14-07 , 08:46 PM

Quote:
does that really work to make diamond in the microwave, or is that just a bunch of crap. What is the peanut butter supposed to do. I think they just put some fake rocks in there.

Yes, it really works. The peanut butter is the only ingredient that will produce MODERN, ROUND BRILLIANT CUT diamonds.

Old thisbullet

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 05-14-07 , 08:52 PM

Lolllllllll

does jelly make princess cuts?

Last edited by thisbullet : 05-14-07 at 08:53 PM.
Old neo125

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 05-15-07 , 01:44 AM

If this really works then why are people just not making thier own diamonds from peanut butter and charcoal. I dont understand the chemistry behind this. Could you actually facet and sell these diamonds?

Quote:
Lolllllllll

does jelly make princess cuts?

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 59
evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 05-15-07 , 01:17 PM

Quote:
If this really works then why are people just not making thier own diamonds from peanut butter and charcoal. I dont understand the chemistry behind this. Could you actually facet and sell these diamonds?

Because it's FAKE.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Which one would you choose by Nuriko
Up a Topic Raining Diamonds Slot Machine posted in CA by herschelp
Older:
Down a Topic Need help with clarity enhanced diamonds by zazzified
Down a Topic Need help with clarity enhanced diamonds posted in DIAMONDS by zazzified