Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old stci

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 71
stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute

Your help for identification of Greek symbol
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-21-07 , 12:17 AM

Hi Diamond Ring family!

What about this "G" symbol that I have found on a white gold pendant which was manufactured in Greece? Could somebody give me explanations please? Is this a trademark, a Greek letter or what?

Thank you

Here is my FANTASTIC drawing

stci signature
Excuse my bad english cause I'm french...
Last edited by stci : 03-21-07 at 12:18 AM.
Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old Platinumsmith

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: a cheeky grin

My Karma
Power: 55
Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of
Hits: Out=342, In=0
Referrals: 1

Re: Your help for identification of Greek symbol
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-21-07 , 02:10 AM

I think it is just a part of a pattern.

Last edited by Platinumsmith : 03-21-07 at 02:10 AM. Reason: .
Old yogimel

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: My game-face
Visit my blog :

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 127
yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=3

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-21-07 , 10:34 AM

Could it be part of the pattern? - maybe post a photo of the pendant so we can see the context of the symbol?

yogimel signature
1. NO MARVELING AT NATURE
2. NO UNSUPERVISED READING

www.SimsTalk.com

~Remembering Mercier~
Old stci

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-21-07 , 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yogimel
Could it be part of the pattern? - maybe post a photo of the pendant so we can see the context of the symbol?

My photo is really bad but if you can identify the symbol...

stci signature
Old yogimel

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Visit my blog :

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-21-07 , 11:08 AM

Hm....I did a little looking around, and couldn't find any Greek symbols that look like that, so Platinumsmith may very well be correct that it's just a pattern.

Maybe someone who knows more will pipe in with something else.

yogimel signature

www.SimsTalk.com

~Remembering Mercier~
Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 65
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-21-07 , 01:29 PM

I think it may be a "greek key" design. I found an explanation here: www.kalopedis.com.

Greek Key jewelry, or simply the Greek Key, is known as Meandros. This symbol relates back to all the ancient Hellenic States of Greece as a symbol for eternity. That is perhaps one of the reasons that Greek style jewelry will always remain fashionable. Gold Greek rings and pendants, as well as earrings and bracelets are timeless designs which any fan of the Greek culture should have in a personal jewelry collection.

Here are some other examples of Greek Key jewelry I got off the site linked above. (Some of them look more like 'S's, than 'G's.)

Do you think this might be it?

widget

Attached Images
Ugtkkeyd3.jpg

Old yogimel

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Visit my blog :

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-21-07 , 01:54 PM

Oooh yeah, good call widget

yogimel signature

www.SimsTalk.com

~Remembering Mercier~
Old stci

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-21-07 , 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widget
I think it may be a "greek key" design. I found an explanation here: www.kalopedis.com.

Greek Key jewelry, or simply the Greek Key, is known as Meandros. This symbol relates back to all the ancient Hellenic States of Greece as a symbol for eternity. That is perhaps one of the reasons that Greek style jewelry will always remain fashionable. Gold Greek rings and pendants, as well as earrings and bracelets are timeless designs which any fan of the Greek culture should have in a personal jewelry collection.

Here are some other examples of Greek Key jewelry I got off the site linked above. (Some of them look more like 'S's, than 'G's.)

widget

Yes Widget! You are the best! Youhou! Thank you!

stci signature
Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 65
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 03-21-07 , 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stci
Yes Widget! You are the best! Youhou! Thank you!

You are most welcome!!

widget

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 458
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=120, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 03-21-07 , 08:00 PM

You are fabulous at finding info Widget!

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old Crystalina

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Crystalina is a splendid one to behold Crystalina is a splendid one to behold Crystalina is a splendid one to behold Crystalina is a splendid one to behold Crystalina is a splendid one to behold Crystalina is a splendid one to behold Crystalina is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 03-23-07 , 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by widget

widget

Widget, you are exactly correct!

I am not Greek but I am married to a Greek. Anyway, it's very common for Greek wedding bands to have this symbol to symbolize eternity and being together "forever."

Read Messages in: Jewelry Design All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My New Ring by jcarla
Up a Topic Novice needs advice posted in Greet New Members by sparkle17
Older:
Down a Topic Any unique Mens wedding bands Got hers done by Indpowr
Down a Topic New here need advice on online store posted in DIAMONDS by sgbabe