Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old stacy

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 67
stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of

Karen Karch diamond ring, apprx. .6 carats
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-18-07 , 10:22 PM

$725

Item sold

Some of you may remember this ring... I wouldn't sell it, but I have found something else that I have GOT to have...

Here's the description:

This is an amazing, one-of-a-kind, Karen Karch custom diamond ring. I sent her my diamond (which is approx. .60 carats, F color and SI1 clarity--it is super sparkly), and she set it in her double vine setting. The setting is in 14 karat white gold, but because Karen doesn't use rhodium plating, it has a really nice shade that shows the slightest bit yellow. It is absolutely stunning. I took a picture of it between a platinum band and a white gold band so you could see the metal color difference. This auction is only for the Karen Karch ring though--not the bands!

The setting alone was $1850. I have had the stone for a while, and I can't remember what I paid for it... I'm thinking it may have been around $1,000, but it has been a while! I bought the stone from a reputable jeweler in Asheville, NC, as part of another ring.

It is a size 6. I am not sure about resizing, but I am kind of doubting that it could be resized much due to the design of the band.

I am willing to sell it to a DT member for, GULP, $725 postage paid. I also have it listed on eBay, but the BIN price is $800 and the reserve is more than $725 there. Please pm me with interest! Help make my blue cushion sapphire dream come true a little sooner! :-)

Attached Images
4972_0.jpg 6ce5_0.jpg 6485_0.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Catmom

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My very own ball of sunshine!

My Feedback (8)
Feedback In: 
+8  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
Power: 133
Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Karen Karch diamond ring, apprx. .6 carats
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-19-07 , 08:54 AM

Stacy, Is there any way you could post some bigger images? The ring sounds beautiful but can't tell from the photos. I hope that you are able to sell your items so that you can get your dream sapphire ring!

Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-19-07 , 10:50 AM

Thanks for wishing me luck on the sale! I can't seem to get my pics any bigger, but ITbit did on another thread.

Here's the link:

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ght=karen+karch

Old taylormillgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 85
taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-19-07 , 11:17 AM

Have you tried listing this ring on your local craigslist board? I've had a lot of luck using CL in the past. Good luck!

Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-19-07 , 01:09 PM

Thanks for the suggestion, taylormillgirl! I live in a small town that doesn't have craigslist, but I am near a couple of bigger cities that do have it. I may try to post it there as well!

I also have it up on eBay, but I would rather sell it here first. I have just GOT TO HAVE Mira's sapphire. That is THE ring that just has to be my engagement ring... And my bf agrees! :-)

Old taylormillgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 85
taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-19-07 , 01:34 PM

That sapphire is lovely! I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.

(CL is totally free, and you could offer to meet serious buyers halfway between your location and theirs- in public, of course. I usually offer to meet buyers at a jewelry store so they can verify the stats on the stone).

Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-19-07 , 10:40 PM

Thanks again, taylormillgirl!

If any of you are remotely interested in this ring, please pm me. I am also taking reasonable offers.

Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma

Thumbs Up      SOLD
Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-21-07 , 08:18 AM

System Message: Item has been sold to boonie. The seller has left the following feedback on the sale:

Friendly buyer, fast payment! Thanks so much!

Read Messages in: FEEDBACK All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic SALE PENDING White gold ruby and diamond star pendant Sale Pending by AmandaD513
Up a Topic Hello to All posted in Greet New Members by stlchief
Older:
Down a Topic Fancy Light Yellow Cushion by Brad
Down a Topic Psst Michael E Tell me about extinction posted in GEMSTONES by widget