Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Network Jeweler : offline
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488
Diamonds: 1
Gemstones: 10

My Karma
Power: 282
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=2551, In=1
Referrals: 3

Unusual color spinel 2.48 carat cushion
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-16-07 , 01:55 PM

$300

Item sold

Here's some color for today ! This stone started life with me as a 13 carat rough which was sold to me as "internally flawless". Hmmm, right. Anyway, after removing all of the parts that weren't flawless I ended up with a 2 1/2 carat finished stone. I'm not really sure what to call this color. It's sort of a cinnamon/pink with flashes of orange, red and even blue when viewed outside. It turned out a bit on the dark side, but in incandescent lighting the reflective flashes from the pavilion look like cinnamon sparks popping from a fire. The 1st picture in tweezers is outside, the second is under a point source halogen light and the third picture is under fluorescent lighting.

I can't really capture the character of this stone in any of the pictures, but I can say that my daughter really likes this one, (not too unusual, but she likes the unusual stones more than the standard flawless 10 carat rubies and such). I've set the price at just slightly over my cost for the rough, so if you want a bargain on a good sized unusual stone this may be your cup 'o tea. Oh, the size is around 8.5mm across the sides and 9.5mm tip to tip and around 5.5mm deep.

Michael_E signature
Attached Images
Deep Pink Spinel1.jpg Deep Pink Spinel2.jpg Deep Pink Spinel3.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old widget

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 86
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Re: Unusual color spinel 2.48 carat cushion
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-16-07 , 03:36 PM

Wow Michael...it's beautiful!!!...and I think a VERY nice price!

I have a question for you, but I'll think I'll start a new thread...stay tuned!

widget

Old Catmom

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My very own ball of sunshine!

My Feedback (8)
Feedback In: 
+8  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
Power: 135
Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute Catmom has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-16-07 , 08:28 PM

WOW, gorgeous stone, Michael!! And such an unusual color.

Old Platinumsmith

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: a cheeky grin

My Karma
Power: 76
Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of
Hits: Out=523, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-23-07 , 02:39 AM

Looking at stone I know why I don't agree with the market forces that say it has to be 'X' colour to cost this much and so on. Beautifull is beautifull. I want it.

Old ADMIN

My Profile
Administrator : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 1000
ADMIN is just really nice ADMIN is just really nice ADMIN is just really nice ADMIN is just really nice ADMIN is just really nice

Beautiful is beautiful...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-23-07 , 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Platinumsmith
I want it.
Order now.

Old rynoam

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 102
rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute rynoam has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 04-27-07 , 09:18 AM

Geez, I can't believe you only ended up with 2 1/2 cts from 13 cts of rough.....but the color is SPECTACULAR! What a gorgeous Spinel.

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 04-27-07 , 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynoam
Geez, I can't believe you only ended up with 2 1/2 cts from 13 cts of rough

I can. Every once in a while I succumb to the lure of E-Bay and this piece of rough was acquired there. The seller has some very nice backlit pictures and must have Photo Shopped the inclusions out. They claimed that this piece only had one fracture and when I received it that one fracture was only the most evident one. I decided to keep and cut it just to see what this color would turn out like and I had to whittle it WAY down to get past all of the small fractures around the edges. The rough on this one cost something like $197, so I figure $300 for a custom cut on the piece should be attractive to most people having a taste for different colors. We'll see...it may end up as a navel stone if I decide to take up belly dancing. I'll bet everyone would like to see pictures of that!

Michael_E signature
Old Larissa

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 04-29-07 , 12:59 PM

I belly-danced for a 1.5 years so I might be able to teach you a few moves

The stone is beautiful!!

Old Platinumsmith

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: a cheeky grin

My Karma
Power: 76
Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of
Hits: Out=523, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 04-29-07 , 08:40 PM

Don't encourage him

Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 69
stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 08-17-07 , 11:41 PM

I'm sure this is long gone by now, right? What a great color (and nice size)!

Old diamondluvr

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 108
diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 01-03-08 , 09:51 PM

Is this beauty still available?

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 01-04-08 , 01:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondluvr
Is this beauty still available?

Yes, it is. If you decide to get it and find that it's not to your taste just send it on back for a refund. Pictures are O.K., but they never really show you what a stone looks like when it's in your hands.

Michael_E signature
Old diamondluvr

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 108
diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute diamondluvr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 01-04-08 , 09:39 AM

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 473
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 01-04-08 , 09:48 AM

Does it come with a few free belly dancer lessons too? Haha! It has such gorgeous color though! What a beauty!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Old JasonandHeather

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 0
JasonandHeather is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 05-12-08 , 06:51 PM

Thank you Michael for this stone!!! My fiancee and I decided to purchase this for the center stone for my wedding ring!!! I will send you a picture of the final product!!! Thank you again, I have gotten so many compliments on it and the jewelers that are setting it LOVE it!!!

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 480
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=254, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 05-12-08 , 08:40 PM

congratulations! I love this stone. Post pictures here. Please!!
Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Last edited by irish : 05-12-08 at 08:43 PM.
Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 69
stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 05-13-08 , 09:48 AM

Congrats on getting a spinel for your engagement ring! I have a spinel e-ring as well (mine is purple) and I LOVE it! I think spinels are amazing and WAY under-appreciated. Please post pics once your ring is ready!

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488

My Karma

Thumbs Up      SOLD
Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 05-13-08 , 01:44 PM

System Message: Item has been sold to JasonandHeather. The seller has left the following feedback on the sale:

Thanks a bunch Jason and Heather ! I'd have posted this sooner, but I didn't know if it was to be a gift or not. Enjoy it for a very long time !

Michael_E signature
Old JasonandHeather

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 0
JasonandHeather is on a distinguished road

Thumbs Up      Buyer Feedback
Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 05-13-08 , 04:37 PM

System Message: The buyer has left the following feedback on this sale:

This was the greatest purchasing experience I have ever had!!

Old FoxyandSexy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (11)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+11  0

My Karma
Power: 473
FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute FoxyandSexy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 05-15-08 , 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonandHeather
My fiancee and I decided to purchase this for the center stone for my wedding ring!!! I will send you a picture of the final product!!!

That is such a cool stone for an ER! I'd love to see some pics of the ring. Congrats on your engagement!

Amy

FoxyandSexy signature
The average dog is a nicer person than the average person.
~Andy Rooney
Read Messages in: FEEDBACK All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic 1 03 carat fine green tsavorite by Michael_E
Up a Topic Ring from Costco posted in DIAMONDS by lb52
Older:
Down a Topic 1 29 ct GIA SI1 G Round Brilliant Triple Excellent by Brad
Down a Topic hello posted in Greet New Members by hava