Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old lostguy19

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 0
lostguy19 is on a distinguished road

Nearly Flawless .49ct Diamond Engagement Ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-15-06 , 08:02 PM

$1,700

Registered diamond inspected by GIA Gem Trade Laboratory. Princess cut .49 carat. Clarity: VVS1 (nearly perfect!) Color: G (Best is D, but I have read that the naked eye cannot discern the difference between these degrees of color grades). The diamond is set in an 18k white gold ring. Retail replacement value appraisal for $2750. Contact me via email or reply on this forum if you are interested.

Last edited by lostguy19 : 11-17-06 at 02:52 PM.
Attached Images
ring2.jpg Diamond ring 2.JPG Diamond Ring 1.JPG Diamond Ring 4.JPG Diamond ring 5.JPG Diamond ring 3.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old LdyNghtWng

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 57
LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of LdyNghtWng has much to be proud of

Re: Nearly Flawless .49ct Diamond Engagement Ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-17-06 , 10:22 AM

Hmm right now Blue Nile has G VV1 .47 ideal cut for $1523, so you might want to drop your price a bit.

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 375
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-17-06 , 11:17 AM

Am I reading on that report that there is a chip on the diamond? I would have to agree, the price needs to be accordingly. It would be in your best interest to post a few "live" pics of the diamond too. ~Ronda

Old lostguy19

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 11-17-06 , 02:50 PM

the chip is the reason the diamond is not flawless. That is the reason it is rated at VVS1 and not F. That means that the chip is only very very slightly visible under 40X magnification. Most diamonds you find in stores are rated around SI1, and that means that the chip or whatever is wrong with them is quite visible under just 10X magnification. This is one of the better diamonds you could find.

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 207
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=359, In=0
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-17-06 , 05:23 PM

Actually, it depends more on the size of the chip and where it is located on the diamond.

The chip is a damaged area..... where other inclusions are natural elements to the diamond.

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 375
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 11-17-06 , 05:44 PM

VVS1, IF, and then F....it does not jump from VVS1 to F in clarity. I would say that most Flawless diamonds are "museum" quality........depending on it's other C's...................... .Good luck in your sale! ~Ronda

Old lostguy19

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-17-06 , 08:48 PM

Thank you. I know that it does not jump, I was just making the comparison.

Read Messages in: JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Handmade labradorite iolite 14kt gf necklace by lynetteemay
Up a Topic Peridot posted in Gemstones Photo Gallery by seabiscuit
Older:
Down a Topic FS Whitehouse Brothers Filigree Platinum Setting by thepolishlad
Down a Topic FS Whitehouse Brothers Filigree Platinum Setting posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by thepolishlad