Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 56
shaggygrrl is on a distinguished road

Collection so far
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-15-06 , 11:28 AM

I was bored, and although I'm supposed to be cleaning, I can't get meself to do it!! So I did a photoshoot with my "beauties", just for the fun of it!

Attached Images
four-rings-on-hand.jpg precious-collection.jpg dad-bracelets.jpg vietnamese-bracelet-ancient-jade.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Group shot
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-15-06 , 11:31 AM

This is a group shot of my favourites. I have never really purchased jewellery on my own, since I didn't know much about it. The only thing I purchased in this set is the pyramid-type dangling earrings in 18k gold (pictured in the center). I purchased it when I was working in Mali, West Africa.

Last edited by shaggygrrl : 10-15-06 at 12:04 PM.
Attached Images
precious-collection.jpg

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Re: Collection so far
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-15-06 , 11:37 AM

When I was about 14, I visited my dad and I was wearing a shoe-store bought stainless-steel bracelet. My dad saw it and asks me what it was. I told him I didn't know and that I bought it at a shoe store. My dad said that his daughter deserved better than that. He went to his safe and made me choose 2 gold bracelets out of a nice little selection. I choose these 2 because of their simplicity, although I didn't know much about fashion or jewellery at all.

My dad passed away about 1 year and a half ago. When I wear them, I can almost feel as if I was back at that moment. That's why they are so precious to me.

I do not know what it's worth, but it's priceless to me.

Last edited by shaggygrrl : 10-15-06 at 11:38 AM.
Attached Images
dad-bracelets.jpg

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

4 seasons bracelet and antique jade
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-15-06 , 11:47 AM

My oldest brother once went on a business trip to Vietnam, and when he travels, he always brought me a little souvenir. But this time, he really outdid himself.

He bought me this gold bracelet that has 4 different types of flowers engraved on it. They told him it was called a four seasons bracelet. It's absolutely gorgeous and even though, at the time (I was about 16), I *still* didn't know much about fashion and beauty stuff, I was blown away by how beautiful this was.

The round thingee on the bottom is something my father gave me a while back. I don't exactly know when, but I remember him telling me is was ancient jade. I don't know what it's used for and it kinda has scary markings on it, but I Love it anyways because my dad gave it to me!

Attached Images
vietnamese-bracelet-ancient-jade.jpg

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Rings!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-15-06 , 11:59 AM

The first ring from the top is the very first diamond ring I ever got. My mother bought it for me. I think I was about 8 at the time so I couldn't wear it since it was too big for me. There's 3 tiny diamonds set in 14k gold.

Th second is a ring that my dad had commissioned. His second wife had returned to Cambodia to unearth her family jewels and they had a ruby necklace that got all smashed up. So they took the best ones out and made rings and bracelets out of them. I got this beautiful 3-stone ruby ring accented with 4 little diamonds. It's not the best clarity, but it's absolutely gorgeous!

The third is a sapphire ring that my other older brother gave me for Christmas. I was 15 at the time and had just started going out with my very first boyfriend. He had found an old squished gold ring and gave it to me. Being as naive as I was, I wore it proudly, but my brother thought it looked really pitiful so he got me a new one. He did not know the story behind the ring (I was not allowed to date, so I told no one). I thought it was super cute of my bro to do that for me.

And finally, the e-ring that my wonderful fiancée got for me this year!

Attached Images
four-rings-on-hand.jpg

Old mira

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: ruby diamond bypass ring by m.e.

My Feedback (7)
Feedback In: 
+7  0
Feedback Out:
+5  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 121
mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute mira has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-15-06 , 02:15 PM

Shaggygrrl, I love your collection especially for all the sweet sentimental stories, wear them in good health.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-15-06 , 03:38 PM

Shaggy, that's so sweet of your mom to give you your first diamond ring! The sentiment speaks volumnes

LOVE the jade!! In my quest to learn more about gemstones I'm intreagued with Jade!!! Scary markings or not, tres cool

Thanks for sharing!

Old evilmailjeep

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Sunblock

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+12  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 7

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 156
evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 10-15-06 , 05:12 PM

You should print out a copy of this page, and keep with your jewelery, that way, when you are ready to pass it down, your family will know the meaning behind each piece.

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
Power: 0
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 10-15-06 , 08:02 PM

I love all your pieces and the stories that are behind each piece! Nice ER too!!! Did you pick it out or did he surprise you? It sounds like you have a very thoughtful family, your a lucky lady!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 154
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 10-15-06 , 11:51 PM

Oh Shaggy, the stories are priceless. Isn't it incredible that an item, made of mere stones and metal, can have so much meaning and depth to it. Takes them beyond the physical realm of objects and makes them something more.

I love the ruby ring....and the history behind it. Family jewels - fantastic!!

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 10-16-06 , 12:12 AM

Thanks for sharing--your collection and stories are wonderful!

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

:-d
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 10-19-06 , 05:58 PM

Thanks a million guys! I really really wanted to share my precious with you guys. I don't have much, but it's the story that counts... :-)

Evilmailjeep, that is a KICKA$$ idea about the printing and handing down to my kids!!!

2 years ago, my home got robbed and I lost some silver and gold collection coins that my dad gave me as a kid. I really wanted to give that to them because they were cool and were supposedly from a shipwrecked spanish galleon. But the robbers stole them from my future boys. The girls were supposed to get the jewellery! I guess I can tell the boys to share the creepy jade thingee... hehehehe

Old Michael_E

My Profile
Network Jeweler : offline
Years:

My Feedback (23)
Feedback In: 
+14  0
Feedback Out:
+23  0

My Store
509-663-6488
Diamonds: 1
Gemstones: 10

My Karma
Power: 280
Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute Michael_E has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=2528, In=1
Referrals: 3

Re: :-d
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 10-19-06 , 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaggygrrl
I guess I can tell the boys to share the creepy jade thingee... hehehehe

Creepy ? I think that's the neatest piece that you've got. Old carved pieces with a history like that really set the imagination spinning. I like it all but I like the jade the best ! Very neat collection !

Michael_E signature
Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 10-19-06 , 10:42 PM

Thanks so much for posting your collection! I can see you have some wonderful pieces to be quite fond of with great stories behind them. I am especially in love with the four season bracelet! That is just a wonderfully crafted pieced of art! ~Ronda

Read Messages in: MEMBERS COLLECTIONS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic DiamLady s Bracelets by DiamLady
Up a Topic I have a fake posted in DIAMONDS by DebraV7419
Older:
Down a Topic Ruby e ring by evilmailjeep
Down a Topic Pink sapphire Briolette s posted in FEEDBACK by Michael_E