Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: 6 Band Tri-Color Puzzel Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 66
Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of
Referrals: 1

The RING is Chosen!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-04-06 , 10:13 AM

I would like to thank all of you for your input and advice. This forum has been invaluable for learning and making a decision of what ring and diamond to choose. I will definitely post pictures of the finished ring, as well as proposal details for all of you.

The ring will be the following setting (see attached), with no mill grain.

The center stone will be: 51 ct, D, SI2. The stone has an AGS lab report, is ideal cut, with ideal polish and symmetry and a hearts and arrows diamond.

The side stones will be: SI1 G-H color on the side diamonds, with orange sapphires for the surprise diamonds on the side view

I have placed the order with Jan from DBOF , I appreciate her long term effort and a seemingly endless parade of emails from me.

For the moment I just have to narrow down when to propose and what type of proposal to do, any suggestions on that
I have a few ideas but nothing has really jumped out at me yet.

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Attached Images
side view.jpg hand orage.jpg top view.jpg side orange.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Grandpa's Ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 115
Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute

Re: The RING is Chosen!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-04-06 , 11:09 AM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Some of the details sound strangely familiar....
Jan must be getting sick of dealing with us Canadian lads. LOVE the surprise sapphires BTW.

I'm at the same stage you are... getting the proposal planned! It's down to getting the details sorted a this point, though.. and praying for good weather!

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 380
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-04-06 , 11:40 AM

Congratulations to such a wonderful choice. As you may remember...I am a big fan of that setting as I have the same one for my FLBY cushion diamond! YOu must post pics when it is finished!!~Ronda

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 213
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=415, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-04-06 , 02:55 PM

Beautiful choice! Yup.. I LOVE THAT SETTING!!! And I WANT ONE someday!!!!! The orange sapphs will be such a special touch. I'll be anxiously waiting to see it finished up!

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old LCole

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 101
LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-04-06 , 03:34 PM

Congratulations on your up and coming engagment! Fantastic choice for the ring! Can't wait to see the finished ring.

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
Power: 0
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-04-06 , 05:03 PM

What a great way to end a thread! I was like what the heck is going on here and then I clicked it and found out! You made a great choice! I have to go to work right now but I have a ton of ideas how to propose. I hope you like unique!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 153
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-04-06 , 07:48 PM

Oohhh Pawsoff - congratuations - I love the suprise sapphire - what a neat idea

Old kfive

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 95
kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute kfive has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 10-04-06 , 10:39 PM

I love that ring too--exceptional touch with the orange sapphires--perfect--great choice!!!

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of Pawsoff has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 10-05-06 , 12:06 AM

Thanks for the support everyone, if you have any proposal ideas you would like to share, be my guest. I have thought of a couple and am leaning towards one at the moment but would like to hear others.

thanks

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 153
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 10-05-06 , 02:52 AM

Are you thinking public proposal or private proposal Pawsoff?

Old DebraV7419

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 53
DebraV7419 has a spectacular aura about DebraV7419 has a spectacular aura about

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 10-05-06 , 08:53 AM

CONGRATS!!!! That ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!! She will be thrilled.

Old shaggygrrl

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement ring

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 56
shaggygrrl is on a distinguished road

Nice!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 10-05-06 , 11:07 AM

That is one GORGEOUS ring! And a D! It must be blindingly white! Congratulations!

As far as proposals go... What does she like doing?

Although it's not a proposal, it might just work for you... For our 6 month engagement anniversary, I'm going to be sending him a letter telling him that he has to be at this address at this time, and he has to give his name at the counter. Lo and behold, he has a appointment for a massage!

Then, after the massage is done, the massage lady is going to give him a letter telling him to go to another address: a shave and a haircut. When that is done, the barber is going to give him another letter with an address.

When he gets there and rings the bell, my friend is going to give him a suit and tie. After he dresses up, my friend is going to give him another letter... The address of our home, so when he comes, dinner will be ready, complete with candlelight and soft, sensual music... hehehehehe

Private, adventurous and mysterious! Do you think that'll work for you guys?

It's next month!! I can't wait!

- A hopelessly romantic Shaggygrrl

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 380
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 10-05-06 , 11:14 AM

that is a great idea shaggy! ~Ronda

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 10-05-06 , 11:32 AM

Yeah I was gonna suggest something like that but my version was a scavanger hunt!

Old pandora77

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Square Emerald Cut E-Ring

My Karma
Power: 74
pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 10-05-06 , 02:09 PM

I LOVE the ring! And I also love the scavenger hunt idea! I think that would be so much fun, and so romantic!!

Please keep us posted! Beautiful choice! She'll be thrilled!!!

pandora77 signature
~*~Angela~*~
Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 10-05-06 , 02:29 PM

Does she have GPS in her vehicle?

Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 10-05-06 , 02:48 PM

Oh, on a related note, if a couple was into geocaching that could be a GREAT way of doing a surprise proposal. I'm already setting up the 'let's go for a hike' routine. Still waiting for that geode, though

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 10-05-06 , 05:06 PM

Are you going to put your E-Ring inside a Geode Gemelli? that would be a neat thing for her to open

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 10-05-06 , 05:10 PM

I think i have narrowed down the plan for the proposal, unfortunately the timing is quite a bit after I get the ring. I hope I can keep my self under wraps and not give the surprize away before the date.
I can't really get into much detail as she does know I use this site and I do not know if she is devious enough to actually search out my posts
It gives me lots of time to work out the kinks though and I will Definately tell all of you after the fact, don't worry.

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Marc Williams RHR

My Karma
Power: 77
Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 10-05-06 , 06:27 PM

Lovely ring!

As to how to propose, do she like the outdoors? If so, you could arrange to ride horses on a trail-ride, and stop somewhere along the way, drop to one knee and propose. Or just go on a hike somewhere beautiful...

If she's a city girl, how about a horse/carriage ride after a romantic dinner, and propose in the carriage?

I don't know why, maybe it's the Cinderella in all of us gals, but horses really add something magical to the whole thing. (probably similar to the thrill you guys get from motorcycles, LOL!)

Then there's taking her to the location of your first date.

Whatever you do, propose on benced knee if at all possible. You wouldn't believe how many gals want that (even if they won't say so).

If you're really stumped, there's a book on the market on the subject. I think it's called "How to Propose."

Most of all, enjoy the moment! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Jill

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 10-05-06 , 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsoff
I can't really get into much detail as she does know I use this site and I do not know if she is devious enough to actually search out my posts
It gives me lots of time to work out the kinks though and I will Definately tell all of you after the fact, don't worry.

Ditto. I HOPE not because then she's seen the ring (but I've kept bitching about not finding the setting I want ). And yep on the geode.

Apparently I'm saving the horse for the wedding ceremony... details on that later, as it's something I just found out about. Supposedly I'm supposed to be entering on a white horse.

I don't ride. D'ye think I could ride a white mountain bike instead?

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 10-06-06 , 08:28 AM

LOL Gemelli, Horses are not that bad, if it is an experienced one, you are pretty much "along for the ride" they know where to go with minimal input from you.

Unforturnatly the horse and carridge idea, while picturesque and movie-like would be a no-go for us. We are in a tourist city and the trollys and carridges pulled by horses only equate to traffic tie-ups and poop on the road, for us at least. There is nothing like being a bit late leaving for work, to get stuck in traffic.... Behind a HORSE, "yup this is going to take a while"

Gemelli, I am going kind of the same route with the ruse, I am "still" checking out prices from multiple sources, then I suspect finances will become tight (not too much of a lie really) and I will "have" to delay the purchase for a bit.....
I hope that while waiting for the day to come I am not posed with an utltimatum or get into an argument about not having the ring yet, lol, It would make it hard to defend myself and not just whip out the ring lol.

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Old DebraV7419

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 53
DebraV7419 has a spectacular aura about DebraV7419 has a spectacular aura about

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 10-06-06 , 08:54 AM

I REALLY need to stop following this thread. My ring is off being made & set (it's been a month!) but I keep coming here and just drooling over this setting. I'm having second thoughts about mine - I am so in love with your ring!!! I'll be anxious to hear how you pull this off...

Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 10-06-06 , 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawsoff
Unforturnatly the horse and carridge idea, while picturesque and movie-like would be a no-go for us. We are in a tourist city and the trollys and carridges pulled by horses only equate to traffic tie-ups and poop on the road, for us at least. There is nothing like being a bit late leaving for work, to get stuck in traffic.... Behind a HORSE, "yup this is going to take a while"

-snip-

I hope that while waiting for the day to come I am not posed with an utltimatum or get into an argument about not having the ring yet, lol, It would make it hard to defend myself and not just whip out the ring lol.

You're right on the horse... I'm sure it will know what it's doing, and be used to n00bs. I can sit on 'em... but with a bike you at least know who's smarter. This isn't horse and carriage, BTW, but a Korean traditional 'royal' wedding ceremony. The 'King' comes in on a horse.

Since I've had the ring in hand I keep having urges to just pop the question... not romantic, but I can't wait for her to see it! I'll wait and be good.

Old Pawsoff

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 10-06-06 , 08:21 PM

LOL Debra, don't make me feel guilty about the thread.

Gemelli, I KNOW what you mean, I haven't even got the ring yet and its killing me, it will be even worse when I have it and have to wait 6-7 more weeks ARHHHHGG

Pawsoff signature
You are what you think,
so think BIG!
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic We Got the Asscher engagement ring From Excel Diamonds Appraised and by dext
Up a Topic New Member Looking For Some Help posted in Greet New Members by Bebi
Older:
Down a Topic Does Cut Quality have Anything to do with Clarity by barry
Down a Topic Please help me choose a setting posted in Jewelry Design by stacy