Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old BlushingBeauty

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Estate Engagement Ring

My Karma
Power: 0
BlushingBeauty is on a distinguished road

Fay Cullen / Blue nile?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-04-06 , 02:10 AM

Has anyone bought pieces from these websites?

I'm looking for an estate engagement ring- and I know fay cullen has some good deals- are they reputable?
also, has anyone heard about blue nile? - My Friend told said they have " great deals."

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 154
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Re: fay Cullen / Blue nile?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-04-06 , 08:03 PM

I've never bought from either...but I love the fay cullen site - they have some amazing vintage things, and lots of reproduction items too. I think the return policy is a drawback for some people though as you get store credit rather than a refund if you dont' like the item.

As to Bluenile...well....depend s what you mean by a 'great deal'. Bluenile does not have the diamonds in stock - which means you are ordering blind from a list. Not the way to get the most sparkly diamond for your $$, in my opinon. But they do have a good return policy apparently.

Old Larissa

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future Larissa has a brilliant future

Re: Fay Cullen / Blue nile?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-07-06 , 07:54 PM

My engagement ring is from fay cullen. The ring is good quality for the money we paid, however, we had major problems with their customer service. They told us it would be possible to resize the ring from about 5.5 to 7.25 but then sent it to us really wonky. The sidestones were horribly off center.

I understand mistakes happen, but when we approached them about it they pretty much said too bad. It didn't cost much to fix but was quite a pain.

We wrote a nice comment on their website stating that we were pleased with the quality of the ring but had to have it resized because it was sent to us very noticeably crooked but that we'd buy from then again. This comment was erased off their website. This is what really pissed me off. They messed up, wouldn't admit to it and then erased an overall positive comment off their feedback section. If you go to feedback and flip through the pages you will notice that some of the numbers are missing. We left a second one thinking the server failed and rolled back to an earlier saved version but that comment got erased as well. They appear to erase comments they don't like but don't renumber them.

Based on their very inappropiate way of handling what could have easily been fixed or done right the first time, I can't recommend them.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Help w Diamond Stud earrings purchase by Trick
Up a Topic watch crystal loupes like the cyclops on Rolexes posted in WATCHES by MrClean
Older:
Down a Topic 12 Carat Pear Diamond Laser Drilled by GhorayebGems
Down a Topic My Engagement Wedding Ring Set posted in Diamonds Photo Gallery by CeriseS