Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old headlight

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 74
headlight is on a distinguished road

Headlight's Ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 09-13-06 , 07:17 PM

• Lab: EGL
  • Shape: Round
  • Carat: 3.29
  • Color: H
  • Clarity: SI2
  • Measurements: 9.51 x 9.59 - 5.85
  • Girdle: M - M /F
  • Depth %: 61.3
  • Table %: 61
  • Culet: N
  • Polish: VG
  • Symmetry: VG
  • Fluorescence: N.
  • Crown Height: 14.0
  • Pavilion Depth: 44.0
  • Lab Comments: Premium Cut
  • Email this item to a friend
  • Browse collections

Round Brilliant set low in three-stone configuration flanked by trillions (.75 tcw), in soft knife edge platinum mounting

Attached Images
DSC00285 (2).JPG DSC00279 (2).JPG DSC00284 (2).JPG DSC00278 (2).JPG DSC00281 (2).JPG DSC00274 (2).JPG DSC00275 (2).JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Re: Headlight's Ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-13-06 , 07:21 PM

: I just love that ring!!!!!!! The sidestones "butt-up" to the center stone so perfectly and all the other little details like the double prongs around the center stone, the shape, the size, etc........it is just so perfect...........and it is like a beautifuly, sparkly, "headlight"!!!!! ~Ronda

Last edited by luvnjewelry : 09-13-06 at 07:23 PM.
Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 09-13-06 , 07:35 PM

Thanks, Ronda! You have an eye for detail; however, some people on another forum don't care for the way it all "flows" together because the center stone doesn't stand out and think it looks like a marquise when you turn your head to the side!!!

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 09-13-06 , 07:51 PM

What??? those armchair pundits........just kidding...........I don't even go over to that forum as I just don't care for what they may say or hear good things I would take what they say with a grain of salt.......!!! Your ring is outstanding and I see no Marquise shape about it. In fact, I really had to think about it once you said that...and still looking at the pics.......it is clearly obvious that it does not look like a mq. It flows perfectly!!!! ~Ronda

Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 09-13-06 , 08:46 PM

Yeah -- I've learned not to get bummed out over there especially since I don't have an AGS 000, H & A, HCA 1.2, blah, blah, blah!!!

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 168
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 09-13-06 , 10:00 PM

I think it is very beautiful also and the low, flowing setting is perfect.
I don't like it when a stone juts up too high.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 09-13-06 , 10:51 PM

A marquise? Nah I see BLING from ear to ear!!! If anything from the side view, it looks like a cushion! But I like it! Is this new? if not, how was it set before?

Old wahinelynn

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: aquamarine ring

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 71
wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 09-13-06 , 11:16 PM

Ah, yes! I remember this beauty very well. Fooey to those who don't appreciate its asthetic qualities. I think the angle of the trillions to the center makes the center stand out just perfectly.

It's a timeless classic. Enjoy it, Headlight.

wahinelynn signature
Lynn
Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-14-06 , 12:38 AM

Thanks, everyone!
Snooper, I've had the center stone for 3+ years and the setting for 2+ years. But soon after I got the setting, I had to put on an orthopedic shank (one that opens and closes) because I had a knuckle problem. I still have knuckle issues, but it is more under control now. And if need be, I can wear the ring on my right hand. So, since I just got it back from having this new shank put on, I took new photos and posted them and changed my avatar. I love how you said it resembles a cushion from some angles because I have often thought that myself and one time when I was in NYC, a lady stopped me in the elevator at Bergdorffs and asked me if it was a cushion. A cushion is definitely something I have my eye on for the next upgrade... probably in 3 years for our 20th wedding anniversary -- DH has already been put on notice!!!

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-14-06 , 12:50 AM

Well congrats on the 20th anniversary in a few years! WOW that's a huge milestone and definately calls for an UPGRADE!!!!! So kind of you to give your hubby the heads up on this cushion!!! Teee heeee! I wonder if the side prongs make it look like a cushion? I love your avatar and the 4th pic !

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 68
valeria101 will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 09-14-06 , 03:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by headlight
... some people ...don't care for the way it all "flows" together because the center stone doesn't stand out ...

Seen that current of opinion too! Don't get it... The way your ring is put together is the classic by all accounts.

I can't claim an explanation for why the 'eye poking' style ever happened, other than #1. classic settings are (nearly) always handmade and therefore less widely available for everyone to see on 'volume' business racks than cookie-cutter stuff . Rarity may just not be good for popularity!

#2. Just imagine what would a half carat solitaire look like if one wanted to set the stone as high as yours is now: the smaller stone ends up floating in mid air above the finger!

'Nough said. Popularity sometimes requires acting against common sense. Sad, uneasy and freakish thing... [hope this one doesn't get me banned, finally! ]

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old ancienthills

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 93
ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light ancienthills is a glorious beacon of light
Hits: Out=113, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 09-14-06 , 06:44 AM

I have always loved this ring!

ancienthills signature
Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 09-14-06 , 08:39 AM

Your ring is HOT HOT HOT!!!!!!!!!!

Old abklion

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute abklion has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 09-14-06 , 09:46 AM

Wow!! I am definitely a fan of setting the stones to match or almost match up. Much more fluid and graceful I think. Gorgeous!!

Old AZsparkleGal

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 09-14-06 , 10:22 AM

I dont think your ring looks at all like a marquise, i too had to go back and visualize it when you mentioned that. I do however think it is absolutely gorgeous!!

Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 09-14-06 , 11:09 AM

Thanks again, everyone!
As far as the center stone "blending" in, I can certainly see why newly engaged women might opt for something where the center stone is more "featured" -- I was certainly of the same thought process when I got engaged in 1989. But by the ten year wedding anniversary, I wanted something that said "I'm married" more than something that said "I'm engaged". And while I've sometimes wondered if the center stone should be up a little higher, I was the one that told them to set it as low as possible because I wanted the ring as "balanced" as could be so as to not "encourage" ring spin. Also, because the stone is set so low, it really doesn't look like this big rock on my finger. I love knowing I have a stone this size -- just for my knowledge -- but I'm not about telling the world when I'm wearing it. It is a very "wearable" ring in terms of it being so low set; I had a stone less than half this size formerly that was set too high for my taste and it got smacked around all the time.

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 09-14-06 , 01:41 PM

no this ring is perfect! I don't know why your insecure about it. This is exactly the look you were looking for "balanced" & "wearable" ! I love it and I know what you mean by "I'm married"! You ring is great!

Old SarahNC

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
SarahNC is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 09-16-06 , 08:10 PM

I think it is just perfect!

Old cessnababy

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold cessnababy is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 09-21-06 , 09:16 PM

What a great ring! Settings that are set low are so much more comfortable to wear. I think they set off the stones much better. Your ring is so beautiful!!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 152
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 09-22-06 , 01:33 AM

Gorgeous ring headlight! I love the way that it looks. I am sure that you must get many compliments on it!

Old Alexgem7777

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Collection
Items Listed: 9

My Karma
Power: 64
Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future Alexgem7777 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 11-21-07 , 10:38 PM

Flow Shmo! That ring drops jaws and I love it. You are fortunate to own such a beautiful ring. Enjoy.

Lisa

Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 11-22-07 , 02:21 PM

Thanks for going through this old thread and for your very kind words. I actually do like my ring more than ever... although I wouldn't mind if my DH wants to get me a new stone for our 20th anniversary or even a new setting. I get bored with my rings after a while. Actually, I was thinking that putting a ruby in this setting would be really striking.
Headlight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexgem7777
Flow Shmo! That ring drops jaws and I love it. You are fortunate to own such a beautiful ring. Enjoy.

Lisa

Old Icerocc

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Icerocc is infamous around these parts Icerocc is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 01-16-13 , 01:39 PM

Thanks for sharing this stunning engagement ring. Its EXTRAORDINARY!!

Read Messages in: MEMBERS COLLECTIONS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My Vatche Antique Ring by jayrenay
Up a Topic My Vatche Antique Ring posted in MEMBERS COLLECTIONS by jayrenay
Older:
Down a Topic This is the balance of the Gems I deescribed above by devo800
Down a Topic Can this be resized from 7 to 5 posted in JEWELRY by MxMILLERx25