Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 154
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Diamond ring with pink diamond accents
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 09-09-06 , 06:20 AM

$400

Item sold

This is another ring I purchased off of eBay. I bought it becuase I wanted something with pink diamonds. However now that I am expecting my cosmoDTini earring I thought that I would try to sell this one.

The center diamond is .44 carat and comes with an EGL report card which states that it is E-F in color and an I1. For an I1 it is quite clear, you can see a large white feather from the side. However, there is always a blueish cast to the stone (at least to my eye.) It has good sparkle, but I think that it is cut a little deep. The pink diamonds are natural in color according to the EGL card.

There is one problem with the ring and that is it is pretty well worn. On the back of the ring the white gold is starting to look a bit yellow. And, once I got it I realized that whom ever it was that sized it did a hatchet job on it! I am not sure that it could be resized or not at this point. I have included pictures so that you can see what it looks like.

It is currently a size 5. I get lots of compliments on it when I wear it, but it is not of the same quality as most of the diamonds/settings on DT! However, if you are looking for a fun ring with pink diamonds this might be for you. I would like to get $400 for it including shipping to the continential US. However, I am open to reasonable offers.

I have also listed the ring on eBay.

Thanks!

Attached Images
round5.JPG round7.JPG round6.JPG round4.JPG round2.JPG round1.JPG round3.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Diamond ring with pink diamond accents
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-09-06 , 02:14 PM

I forgot to add the pictures of the EGL card before...

Attached Images
egl1.JPG egl2.JPG

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 82
MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 09-10-06 , 09:12 AM

Do you think it could be sized up to a 6?

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 09-10-06 , 09:33 AM

I think that it most likely could be. From the looks of it to my eyes it was originally a larger ring that was made much smaller. That is why I think that it looks a little egg shaped at the moment

If you had someone who does nice work I think that they could make it bigger, but not smaller. I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of MustangGal has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 09-10-06 , 10:32 AM

Thanks! That's what I was thinking too. What is the mm width at the back?

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 09-10-06 , 10:38 AM

I only have my ruler so this is not 100% spot on, but it is about 3mm wide and 1 mm thick.

Old stacy

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+9  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 70
stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of stacy has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 09-10-06 , 02:11 PM

What a pretty ring! Are you like me--trying to sell some stuff so you can buy more? Good luck with the sale!

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 09-10-06 , 08:57 PM

One more question, is the pink diamond "ring" attached to the white ring anywhere other than at the head and back? My husband's first words when I showed him the pictures were, "Won't it get kinked?" I was hoping for him to say "of course you can have it!" Oh well....

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-11-06 , 01:45 AM

That sounds like my husband as well I am always showing him things hoping he will say you have to have that, but that never seems to happen :sigh:

It is attached at the head and at the back. There is space between the bands on either side.

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-11-06 , 11:10 AM

Could you take a picture of the inside? I want to see if the back is hollow or solid, so I can show hubby that I won't "kink" it. Thanks!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 09-11-06 , 11:15 AM

Sure. I am about to head home from the office. Check back in about an hour or so and I will get one up for you

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 09-11-06 , 12:11 PM

I hope that these are what you were looking for

Attached Images
inside3.JPG inside2.JPG inside1.JPG

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 09-11-06 , 01:07 PM

Perfect, thanks!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 09-11-06 , 04:04 PM

I will be away on vacation from 9-12 until 9-19. I won't have internet access, so I won't be able to check DT until I am back. Hard to believe I know...I am not sure what I will do without it!!!

Old Hurricane

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Sapphire

My Karma
Power: 56
Hurricane is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 09-11-06 , 07:23 PM

I've actually tried on this exact ring two weeks ago, in my quest for a ring with pink diamond sides. This ring comes from Whitehall Jewellers, a mall store and the one I tried on had the exact same size center stone. It was very pretty and very delicate looking. I checked with the local store and they are selling the same ring now with only a .39 center stone for 2k+. In my opinion this is a good deal for this ring- it's very very pretty.

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 09-11-06 , 08:22 PM

Thanks Hurricane. I do think that it is sweet. Luckily I didn't pay that much for it when I got it off of eBay.

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 95
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 09-12-06 , 05:12 AM

niceeeeeee i like it! good luck!

CandySplitShanks signature
AKA CandySmooch
Control is an illusion.
Old ZhuZhu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Collection
Items Listed: 4

My Karma
Power: 81
ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of ZhuZhu has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 09-17-06 , 09:48 PM

what k gold is this ring made with? Thanks!

Old evilmailjeep

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Sunblock

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+12  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 7

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 159
evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute evilmailjeep has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 09-18-06 , 02:33 AM

According to what I can see of the certificate, it is stamped 750 which is 18k

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 09-19-06 , 10:53 AM

Hi ZhuZhu, it is 18k. Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I was away on vacation. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Thumbs Up      SOLD
Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 09-21-06 , 12:19 PM

System Message: Item has been sold to MustangGal. The seller has left the following feedback on the sale:

Really nice to deal with! Thanks so much Michelle!

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 09-21-06 , 12:27 PM

YAY! Congrats to KK and MustangGal!

Old MustangGal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma

Thumbs Up      Buyer Feedback
Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 10-26-06 , 06:48 PM

System Message: The buyer has left the following feedback on this sale:

Thanks! The ring is beautiful!

Read Messages in: FEEDBACK All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic 35 ct VS2 H round Ideal HA by Jan
Up a Topic 35 ct VS2 H round Ideal HA posted in FEEDBACK by Jan
Older:
Down a Topic Hand Carved Watermelon Tourmaline Butterfly Pendant by Jan
Down a Topic Hand Carved Watermelon Tourmaline Butterfly Pendant posted in FEEDBACK by Jan