Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old evademian

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 57
evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice

Engaged... with pictures :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 09-03-06 , 04:46 PM

Well, I have been lurking around the boards for the last few weeks, LOVING all of the pictures and stories. I did this, convinced that I had about 8 more months until my boyfriend and I got engaged. Well, I noticed how everyone here enjoys pictures, so I thought I'd post a few of mine.

I'm not sure of the specifics of the ring. But I'm a size 5.5. It's an ideal cut oval that is at least 1 carat. Only one visible inclusion near one of the sides, a white fleck. But it sparkles at night and glows in the daylight. My fiancee said he looked at over 100 stones to find this one.

He also convinced a Things Remembered store to sell him the display model of this ring box without the inscription.

As for how he proposed, we spent the weekend at a fancy hotel (he told me it was a mini-summer vacation romantic getaway sort of thing), and there were 2 dozen roses and gourmet cookies waiting when we checked in. How sweet! Perfect for our romantic weekend! I was busy taking pictures of the HUGE bathroom, so I didn't notice at first. Although I did accidently see a picture of a ring in a box on his camera, and asked him (more like *gasp* *confronted him*) about it. He explained to me that it was because he really liked the box and wanted to take a few pictures so he could get one like it when the time came. (BTW he graduated college with a degree in ACTING... so you can imagine how convincing he can be)

I was drying the bottom of my jeans with the hairdryer in the bathroom before we went back out in the rain.

DF: Are you done yet? I want to tell you how much I love you. (we do this all the time)
Me: OK honey, in a minute. (so I stop drying my pants)
DF: You know I love you right?
Me: Uh huh!
DF: You love me, right?
Me: Uh huh!
DF: You would marry me, right? (he's been asking casually for the past 6 months or so)
Me: You know I would.
DF: Well... what would you do if I told you that I had that ring box in my pocket right now?
Me: !?!? I dunno... (I'm halfway thinking he was kidding)
DF: *starts digging through pockets* Let's see, I have keys...
Me: !!!!!!!!!

And then he pulled out the ring box, got down on one knee and proposed in the privacy of our luxurious hotel bathroom. And you know what I said?

Me: I'm not wearing any pants!!! (I took them off to dry them from the rain)

Oh, and then I said yes of course. He told me later that it was perfect because he wanted it to be a total shock/surprise when he did it. So naturally when I'm standing around in my underwear drying my jeans with a hairdryer, it would be the last thing on my mind.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice evademian is just really nice

Re: Engaged... with pictures :)
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-03-06 , 05:03 PM

Ok, so the "Upload" button doesn't seem to be doing what I want it to. Let me try again.

Attached Images
flower.jpg 1.JPG 2.JPG jt.jpg

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 09-03-06 , 05:21 PM

HELLO!! What a great way to make an introduction to DT! First off, Congrats on the recent engagement!!!

And LMAO on the "I'm standing around in my underwear drying my jeans with a hairdryer, it would be the last thing on my mind." At least it was memorable!

Your ring is gorgeous! Keep taking pictures and you get karma for taking them with flowers We didn't even have to ask!!

Ok, I gotta ask my usual question... What band will you pair your ER with???

CONGRATS

Old annie1

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
annie1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 09-03-06 , 06:29 PM

Congratulations! It's a great story and a beautiful ring. Welcome to DT.

Old AZsparkleGal

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 09-03-06 , 07:34 PM

Congrats...what a great proposal...one to tell the kids someday. Thanks for sharing your ring and proposal with us

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: Spessartine Garnet

My Karma
bigredpayne is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 09-03-06 , 09:25 PM

What a great story and what a great ring! I have to say I really like the box, that is so cool to get that keepsake along with a wonderful ring. Sounds like you found a good guy! Congratulations and karma for the flower shot!

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 92
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 09-03-06 , 10:08 PM

I loveeeeee that ring box - adorable! Congrats on the engagement! And yes - karma points to you for showing flower shots before being asked!

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 214
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=432, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 09-03-06 , 10:36 PM

Wow, What an entrance to make!! Loooove your engagement story, and you're soooo kind to give some hand shots right away! You get Karma for that!

And OH MY.... I love the solitaire oval!! I haven't seen many of those and I love that shape! Congrats on a memorable proposal, and on that gorgeous new e-ring!!

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old wahinelynn

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: aquamarine ring

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 71
wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light wahinelynn is a glorious beacon of light

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 09-04-06 , 12:53 AM

Beautiful and oh so elegant your ring is!!!! Congratulations on a very cute and original engagement. Can't wait to see what bands you'd like for your oval.

wahinelynn signature
Lynn
Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 154
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 09-05-06 , 01:09 AM

What a great story!! I am so glad you posted the story and your ring pics....love the handshot with the flowers (the first one)...you have very beautiful milky hands - and a great ring to go on them!

Congratulations to you both

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 152
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 09-05-06 , 03:39 AM

Congratulations!!! I too love the story and your ring is beautiful! I think that ovals are starting to really grow on me

Old AshBee

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
AshBee will become famous soon enough AshBee will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 09-05-06 , 08:57 AM

Congratulations!!! I absolutely love solitaire oval engagement rings in a plain gold setting like yours. You also have very beautiful hands to go with the ring.Choosing a wedding ring(s) to compliment it will be exciting.

For some ideas on wedding rings, etc. to wear with your oval ER go to the thread "Arranging your rings" and check out briolette's pictures on pages 10 thru 13 I think. She has several on different pages.

AshBee

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 09-05-06 , 10:06 AM

It is gorgeous! What a fun and unique proposal story! It is huge too! Are you going to keep it in it's current setting and/or add a wedding band? Thanks so much for coming out of lurking and indulging us with flower shots!~Ronda

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 09-05-06 , 12:59 PM

Thanks for the hand compliments as well! Sunscreen every day!

As for a wedding band... my fiance brought up the idea of sapphires. The diamond would be hard to match for color, and blue sapphires would be kind of like wearing bluejeans- they match everything! Since I didn't want anything bulky, he suggested a ring wrap.

The last one I tried on in one of the mall jewelry stores just for fun. I liked the vertical sapphires. The other pictures are of one I saw on ebay that looked pretty.

I really like the idea of a ring wrap. It's kind of like dressing up my engagement ring (I like to call it Mr. Sparklies).

Attached Images
ringwrap1.JPG ringwrap2.JPG ringwrap3.JPG wrap4.jpg

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 09-05-06 , 03:11 PM

I have that wrap but in yellow gold and emeralds. I like that bottom right one too!

Old Daniela7474

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Daniela7474 is infamous around these parts Daniela7474 is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 09-05-06 , 06:59 PM

Evademian---
I LOVE the idea of wrapping the diamonds with a sapphire on each side. VERY CLASSY!!! I prefer the wrap on the left, as it keeps the look of the ring from being too busy, and that way your eye can focus on the unique oval-shaped center stone.
Congrats and enjoy your ring!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 152
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 09-06-06 , 09:39 AM

I too love the idea of a sapphire wrap for your oval. I think that it is a classic look and the bit of blue would really make your stone stand out!

Again, great pictures. I just love looking at your beautiful oval!

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 92
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 09-10-06 , 09:21 PM

i love your oval too - go with the first wrap - I don't like the gaudy look of the triangle clustered diamonds.

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 09-10-06 , 10:46 PM

Thanks for the input! I prefer the first one as well, I just liked the vertical marquis sapphires of the second wrap. I didn't like the diamonds on the sides when I tried it on.

As a side note, DF and I went to Newtown, PA, where they filmed some of Signs (the Mel Gibson movie) and two doors down from the little pizza shop the cast ate at in the movie was a jewelry store. Since I am hereby banned from going into one for awhile after DF's big purchase (lol!) I just window shopped. They had a 4.61 D color SI2 loose cushion cut diamond in the window. It was held in a pair of those jeweler's tweezers on display. I was like, "WOW" and then quickly assured DF that it didn't look THAT much bigger than my stone. Poor guy claims to have a heart attack every time we even walk past a jewelry shop.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 09-10-06 , 11:05 PM

LOL that's funny evademian! Dang, 4.61 carats??

I too like the first wrap, it almost looks like your ER was set with side sapphires...

If you got a wrap, would that count as a band? i'm out of the wrap loupe..

Old Daniela7474

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Daniela7474 is infamous around these parts Daniela7474 is infamous around these parts

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 09-10-06 , 11:08 PM

My best friend's e-ring has a wrap and she uses that as her wedding band. It looks really beautiful.

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 09-11-06 , 11:38 AM

Yeah I think if you get a wrap, you can use it as a wedding band if you want. I'm sure you can also get another more traditional band also.

Old bigredpayne

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 09-12-06 , 03:18 PM

This is my wrap!

Attached Images
r.jpg

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 09-12-06 , 04:40 PM

Oh pretty...I like the other ring too!~Ronda

Old evademian

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 09-12-06 , 11:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigredpayne
This is my wrap!

Do you wear a wrap below or above the ring? Is there a standard, or is it however you feel more comfortable?

(I like that orange ring too!)

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic One pic by evilmailjeep
Up a Topic Understanding pave halo settings posted in JEWELRY by Reinonu
Older:
Down a Topic My Beautiful K Princess by toomuchjewelry
Down a Topic Server Maintenance coming up shortly posted in Getting the most out of this forum by GilbertZ