Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old recq2

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
recq2 is on a distinguished road

Mark Silverstein Rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 08-19-06 , 11:27 AM

Does anyone know anything about the quality and workmanship of Mark Silverstein Imagines rings? I am trying to decide between his matching engraved ring set that has pave set stones on both bands and antique engraving (Syle #s 1006-E and 2006-E in Group 1 on his website) and Varna's 7T engagement ring with tapered baguettes as sidestones. My stone is a .91 carat princess cut. Any opinions?

I have read about Varna on here, but have not seen anything anywhere about Mark Silverstein. I would post pics, but didn't want to infringe on copyright issues

Thanks in advance for your feedback!

The preceding form was filled out on our Ask Forum page.

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old MSI

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
MSI is on a distinguished road

Re: Mark Silverstein Rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 09-17-06 , 11:25 PM

Hello there. I am Mark Silverstein and the answer to your question is easy. I ran Varna for twelve years and fully implemented their QC while we were partners. I left that partnership to start MSI and as you can imagine, brought my design ability and quality to my new company. If you need to get in touch with me personally please feel free to call at 800.993.5900.
All the Best...Mark

Old Swede71

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
Swede71 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 09-19-07 , 12:41 PM

I am considering the Mark Silverstein "Gossamer" collection Item No.: 2037. My reservations come from the jewelers comments that it is a fragile ring, i.e. - I would need to remove for most activities or hobbies (Specific example she gave that concerns me is golf?). Is is really that delicate?

Also, there are only two jewelers in my area that carry his rings and then only one of them has three rings on display

Thank you in advance!!!

Old MSI

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 09-19-07 , 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swede71
I am considering the Mark Silverstein "Gossamer" collection Item No.: 2037. My reservations come from the jewelers comments that it is a fragile ring, i.e. - I would need to remove for most activities or hobbies (Specific example she gave that concerns me is golf?). Is is really that delicate?

Also, there are only two jewelers in my area that carry his rings and then only one of them has three rings on display

Thank you in advance!!!

Hi there,
This is Mark Silverstein. Please feel free to contact me at 800.993.5900 and I will be happy to answer any of your questions. Thanks for considering my designs, I'm sure you will be quite happy.
All My Best...Mark

Old stci

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 70
stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute stci has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 09-19-07 , 08:27 PM

Mark... your "Imagine Collection" is incredible. Fantastic, gorgeous and spectacular. Now.... I have a big question for you and don't tell me to call you because I don't speak english! hihi!

I'm from Quebec Canada and I really don't know what I can do to obtain the prices of your rings. If I use store locator it ask for US postal code but it's not the solution for me.

Then:

1- How can I obtain a list prices for Imagine Collection?

2- Is this possible for me to buy one of your beauties?

I think it's important that you answer at the futur customer question here in the forum. Everybody need to have information about your product.

Please Mark......... I'm in love with your beautiful setting...

stci signature
Excuse my bad english cause I'm french...
Last edited by stci : 09-19-07 at 08:29 PM.
Old MSI

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 09-19-07 , 08:42 PM

Hello stci,
please call me...just kidding!!! Please send me the style # of the items you are interested in and I will forward you the pricing. It is of course possible to buy on of my pieces...together we will find a way!
FYI...I will out of the office for about two weeks starting tomorrow. ps...love the emoticon
All My Best...Mark

Old Dvorah4248

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Pendant

My Karma
Dvorah4248 is on a distinguished road

Mark Silverstein Rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-13-07 , 05:52 PM

I just found your work today and am blown away! Do you do anything in yellow gold? Also, I am a chef and whatever I wear on my hands gets completely schmutzig. Can your Gossamer pieces stand up to that type of punishment?

Thanks so much,
Dvorah

Old MSI

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

schmutzig
Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-13-07 , 06:02 PM

Hi Dvorah,
Yes we do yellow gold or any combo you prefer. I would recommend that you remove any ring during the prep-time or any time your are working (hard) with your hands. It can handle the gook, but hitting it against other metal (pot and pans) is not ideal. Gossamer is durable but can't take a beating, it is feminine and beautiful.
Thanks for all the kind words!
All My Best...Mark

Old Dvorah4248

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Pendant

My Karma
Dvorah4248 is on a distinguished road

re:schmutzig
Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-26-07 , 12:16 PM

Thanks so much, Mark. I will definitely keep your beautiful designs in mind as the time approaches for the purchase of the ring!
You are a wonderfully talented person!

D'vorah

Old cammyalberts

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
cammyalberts is on a distinguished road

alterable?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 01-01-10 , 05:28 PM

Hi Mark,
I became your "fan" on Facebook the other day, I posted a question on there to you but I haven't heard anything back so I thought I would try this route...

I am VERY excited about your 2038-WPD design! The only thing that is preventing me from jumping up and down and screeching "this is it!" to my boyfriend is that I'm not totally sold on the two outer white gold bands. Is it possible for my local jeweler who sells your line (Madawar Jewelers, East Lansing Michigan) to order that ring without the outer white gold bands, just the two pink gold bands in the center??

I'm REALLY hoping this is possible, I LOVE this ring so much...

Thank you,
Cammy

Old silverapeee

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
silverapeee is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 01-08-10 , 01:52 PM

Gossamer Ring Collection
Very feminine jewelry designs, garlanded by the wispy metal stands and encrusted with sparkling diamonds. This delicate ornamentation resembles a moonlit web, much like the Gossamer thread.

Heritage Ring Collection
A compilation of centuries old techniques combined into some of the most detailed designs available today. By combining delicate filigree, gemstones and hand engraving, we have developed a look destined to become the heirlooms of the future.

silverapeee signature
Old kimmiezicherman

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
kimmiezicherman is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 04-26-10 , 11:25 AM

Mark! I have been dreaming of contacting you! I have been eyeing your masterpieces for about 4 years now--I've just been waiting for the "one", and now that Ive finally found him, I figured I'd try to contact you! Is there any way you could do a design with a pear shape--you used to have a picture of one--with some rose gold intertwined, and I was curious if you could still do a pear diamond ring!? I am a HUGE fan! thanks for your time
Kimmie

Read Messages in: Jewelry Design All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Cartier Solitaire 1895 by youcfer
Up a Topic Looking to replace diamond posted in DIAMONDS by Palmetto
Older:
Down a Topic curved wedding band by futuremrscochra
Down a Topic new here posted in Greet New Members by KunalSingh