Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old rasmolow

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
rasmolow is on a distinguished road

I want to have a ring like KATIE HOLMES???? what is the exact setting
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 08-19-06 , 10:13 AM

I have a few pics of Katie Holmes's ring. I can't figure out exactly what the setting is? I think it is an oval with rose gold just around the pave diamonds enclosing the oval. IS it pink diamonds around? they look almost whitish pink.

IF anyone can help...I'd appreciate it! I am in NYC area and hoping to soon decide on my ring design
  • Shape: Oval
  • Carat: 2.50
  • Color: H
  • Clarity: VS1
The preceding form was filled out on our Ask Forum page.

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 85
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 08-19-06 , 12:06 PM

Do you have a detailed picture of it? The only pic I could find that I can download is below.

With a better description, maybe one of the vendors here could help you.

It sort of looks like a Beaudry design. Apparently he will mount stones provided by the client, but he won't stamp them "Beaudry". He's also very expensive. You might google "Maytal", a new young designer who used to work for Beaudry. I've heard she's great.

Just some thoughts!
widget

Attached Images
khmsrg.jpg

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Re: I want to have a ring like KATIE HOLMES???? what is the exact setting
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 08-19-06 , 12:14 PM

Here's another shot. It's possible that the halo is rose gold with white diamonds - that would give a very subtle pink. When Snooper logs on, I'm sure she will chime in with more info as she's very up to speed on celebrity rings.

Attached Images
kholmes_tcruiseLRG.gif

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 08-19-06 , 12:24 PM

Thanks DJ! Yes, Katie Holmes ring has pink diamonds around the center. In my US weekly mag I had a good pic of it, but I don't remember what issue it had the pic in it. But they did state there was pink diamonds around the center. I don't recall if the center is pink... I think it's white, I'm almost positive.

And yes it's an oval reportedly 3-5 carats.. But it's so hard to tell about the stats as mags are natorious for being incorrect...

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 08-19-06 , 12:26 PM

On ziamond.com they said:

By popular demand, Ziamond presents the TomKat ring. This ring has been inspired by Hollywood's hottest couple and their much publicized courtship and engagement. Tom Cruise presented a ring to Katie Holmes in Paris, France under the Eiffel Tower. You can't get much more romantic than that. The original TomKat ring has a 5 ct. oval center stone and is set in Platinum with an 18K rose gold top. This Ziamond ring is available in different sizes of center stones, from a 1.5 ct. center all the way up to a 4 ct. oval. You can also have your choice of 14k or Platinum as well as different colors of metal combinations, see the option windows below. Due to the highly intricate nature of this design each ring is custom made and this is a Special order item.

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 08-19-06 , 01:42 PM

It may be worth talking to Brad and Jan from DBOF as they recently posted a ring that is similar. Obviously, they could go about making a darn good copy for you. Check out this thread - it's a beautiful ring.

http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=72277

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 85
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 08-19-06 , 02:15 PM

GREAT IDEA, DJ!!!!

I knew I'd seen one similar recently, and was wracking my brains trying to remember where....

It was HERE!! LOL

widget

Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  August?s Custom Engagement Ring Spotlight

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 443
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=4287, In=260
Referrals: 23

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 08-19-06 , 02:50 PM

Hi All,

I didn't know we were this close to celebrity but heres a rose gold & cushion cut pink sapphire design we have in the works.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Attached Images
880_image.jpg

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 08-19-06 , 03:58 PM

BRIAN......YOUR KILLING ME HERE!!!!!!!! OH THAT WILL BE AMAZING!! please indulge us with pics when finished!!~Ronda

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 68
valeria101 will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 08-19-06 , 05:31 PM

Yellow ?

A couple of news articles say the ring comes from Winston, but... who knows?

It reminds me of Robert Pellicia designs, if anything. JMO.

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old rasmolow

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
rasmolow is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 08-21-06 , 02:29 PM

Thank you very much everyone. This is the first time on this site,so i am still getting familiar. Sorry it took so long to get back to everyone. I have looked up several of the designers you have suggested they have similar rings. And thanks for adding all the pic.... I have tons...but can figure out how to add : )

Knox diamonds-thanks for sharing your pic of your ring...It is as well NICE

So...the thing i like about the ring...is the pink is so subtle... I have heard that it is most likely just rose gold...with white diamonds. I will take my pics to the diamond district and see what they suggest...for copying the setting.

THANKS EVERYONE

Attached Images
b31479120.jpg katie-holmes-wedding-ring00.jpg Katie.Holmes.oval.engagemen.jpg Katie.Holmes.oval.engagemen.jpg

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 08-21-06 , 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasmolow

So...the thing i like about the ring...is the pink is so subtle... I have heard that it is most likely just rose gold...with white diamonds.

It doesn't look like that to me - the white diamonds would not been in so well with the pink metal. However, it is much easier for most jewelers to source white melee than pink.... if you were advised to use white, that might explain why.

On the original ring, the pave work seems to have been applied on two sides of the split shank and... very much everywhere possible. It is quite fine work, as expected. Although, probably most jewelers would know where to have such a piece commissioned for you and a few might even do it in house. Traditional handmade pave (which seems to be the case) comes at a premium and it takes asking twice for it sometimes (unless the shop you're in has just the right thing - rare that!), but is totally worth it, IMO, especially if such an airy looking ring is supposed to endure serious wear.

The main stone is a light shade of pink, no? It so happens that there are some of the kind (large, light pinks) lurking around. Not ovals though... It may be difficult to find any of these in any shape. Do you already have the center stone?

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 08-21-06 , 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by valeria101
It doesn't look like that to me - the white diamonds would not been in so well with the pink metal. However, it is much easier for most jewelers to source white melee than pink.... if you were advised to use white, that might explain why.

They look white to me and I was told when looking to have diamond rose gold bands made that it would be better to use white diamonds for a delicate pink color or set pink diamonds in white metal. It's certainly a delicate pink and the center stone does seem to have a light pinkish color - although I don't know if that is just from the rose gold that surrounds it. Still, it's a beautiful piece!

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 08-21-06 , 02:55 PM

PS: just one thing forgotten above - subtle pink... pink diamonds, unless 'vivid' or 'deep' are a subtle pink relative to any other pink things one may think of. The ring pictures are just true to nature, as far as I am concerned.

Sometimes, pictures of pink diamond jewelry online look as if pink was 'painted on' - not sure what's the point. There is color treated pink diamond melee that does have strong color... but even that is not too common. Natural is light... with very, very few and far between exceptions.

It would be great if one of the jewelers you have been talking with could show you alternatives. Have they?

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old Mia88

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Mia88 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 08-21-06 , 02:58 PM

I have to say, though I'm rather terrified of TomKat, the ring is very, very pretty.

I wish more people would weigh in with opinions on the color of the melee and the diamonds. I agree with Ana that the main stone must have some color - it's just too pink. But if it is due to the rose gold and pink melee, well, I'm impressed.

I've never seen such a delicate halo, either.

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 08-21-06 , 03:00 PM

Oups. was writing the last post in the same time with 'Diamondjunkie'...so didn't see hers...

Hm... it looks like this might be a mater of taste after all - with no clear better choice.

Still... 'seeing is believing'. And there could be a good price difference with or w/o pink diamonds too...

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old pandora77

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Square Emerald Cut E-Ring

My Karma
Power: 75
pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 08-21-06 , 05:24 PM

After looking at the enlarged pictures, I have to agree that the melee diamonds look white as well as the center stone. I think it's just the rose gold that is giving that pink appearance.

Maybe I'm wrong...maybe one of our resident experts will chime in.

Whatever the case, it is a beautiful ring, although I'm with Mia...I'm a little frightened of "TomKat" as well...lol...

pandora77 signature
~*~Angela~*~
Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 154
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 08-21-06 , 08:32 PM

I'm with Pandora on this one...I see white melee with pink gold...hmmm....very tricky. Love to know what it really is.

Old AZsparkleGal

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 08-22-06 , 01:17 PM

It looks like a white diamond to me with white melee..and in the pink section rose gold with small light pink meelee...the pink diamonds are more obvious in the bottom and side sections they look white in the "flash" area where the image got some light...but i think they are light pink...but that big oval is definately white and taking on some tones from the pink gold.....And tomkat...CREEPY CREEPY.....I think suri is fake too...shes a publicity gimmick

Old valeria101

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 08-22-06 , 01:30 PM

Ladies, do you remember.. when the news about this ring and engagement came out (OK, I do not remember every celeb gossip in the world, it was the Scientology bend of this one that jogged it into memory)... some reports called the diamond 'faint pink' along with allegations that it was chosen according to who-knows-what mystic concerns in mind etc. After that, no more mention of pink. Anyone known what I am talking about? Someone posted an article... no idea where to look for this anymore.

valeria101 signature
Ana
Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 08-22-06 , 01:41 PM

Not to go astray from the ring in question, but I wondered if Kate was suffering from post partum... Of course, we'd never know as TomKat says it's a bunch of bull... Katie never seems happy.. Another theory was maybe there was something medically wrong with Suri. If there was, I wonder what meds would be ok to help Suri...

Valeria, I too wanna say that the word "Faint Pink" was tossed around, but I have no idea...

Old AZsparkleGal

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute AZsparkleGal has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 08-22-06 , 02:18 PM

I was reading in some interview that she was all dazed and smiling continuously even when tom cruise was talking about being beaten by his father......CREEPY!!!! CREEPY!!!!! like shes just an empty smile.

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 154
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 08-22-06 , 07:14 PM

Ok, more TomKat chatter...but we have 'pics' of baby suri out here......it's all over the gossip mags......eh, I don't see a baby there...
http://pop.wizbangblog.com/2006/08/...suri-photos.php

Actually, I feel sorry for Katie...imagine not even being able to look out your window.

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 08-22-06 , 07:51 PM

It's amazing to me that Mag-rags shell out tons of dough to get those "first" photos!! People want to see them I am sure...but I don't think as bad as the magazines think they do! I set up magazines every FRiday and you wouldn't believe how many I have to send back each week that don't sell for recycling. I just don't think they sell as much as what they are paying for those photos!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ~Ronda

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 08-22-06 , 10:15 PM

I don't see a baby either... But thanks anyway Ruby!

I wondered about that too Luvn! I mean, when the magazines have to go off the rack, there's tons left over in the grocery stores, etc. Poor trees!!

Read Messages in: Celebrity Jewelry All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Katie s wedding band and ring by nicky25
Up a Topic Good day to all posted in Greet New Members by laurag
Older:
Down a Topic Jennifer Love Hewitt s engagement ring by socialcasualty
Down a Topic Picture of pave prongs posted in JEWELRY by SBelle