Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old KrazyLady

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
KrazyLady is on a distinguished road

Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 07-17-06 , 09:07 PM

I've been married for 15 years, and in the past 6 weeks have not been able to wear my wedding set--my finger gets welts and turns red. The ring is 14K. I went to the Dr who said I've developed an allergy to 14K, but I have been wearing a 14K emerald ring on the other hand without incident. Any ideas????

The preceding form was filled out on our Ask Forum page.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old gemologygal

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 99
gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute gemologygal has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Re: Help! Allergic Reaction to wedding ring after 15 yrs!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 07-17-06 , 09:55 PM

My friend at work had a similar thing happen to her. She has an 18K wedding set and literally, out of the blue, she developed a rash and allergic reaction on her ring finger. After a visit to the doctor and then a prescription for a type of hydrocortisone cream, the rash was still there and still only near the ring.

About a month & a half later, it cleared up out of nowhere. Coincidentally, another co-worker talked to her and casually mentioned that her rings started making her fingers itch (14K gold) and it turned out that the cleaning crew had made a temporary switch in hand soap in the ladies restrooms because their usual brand was not in stock, so a substitute was used. Once the regular brand was back in and then placed back in the restrooms, that was when the rashes, etc. stopped.

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 07-18-06 , 01:19 AM

It may be an allergy to something else, check out any changes you've made, or as jennifer said above, any changes you may not be aware of, like soap at work.

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 07-18-06 , 02:15 AM

I was gonna say soap too! Wedding bands and ERs catch more soap underneath because of their combined width which may explain why you don't have the problem with your other ring.

Old abcm1125

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Diamond E-Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 72
abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-18-06 , 03:12 AM

You need to make sure your rings are clean, and after you wash your hands make sure that your fingers ar totaly dry before putting your ring on. this can trap water on the surface of your skin and if your hands get hot they will break out as well. Kinda like diaper rash on your finger~ same problem the water has nowhere to go and your body it trying to get rid of water anyway.

abcm1125 signature
Amber

I love my USMC pilot
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic GIA return time by mamian
Up a Topic GIA return time posted in DIAMONDS by mamian
Older:
Down a Topic esscher by paras
Down a Topic Questions about diamonds and black light posted in JEWELRY by pandabebe