Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 126
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Little Baby Brownie Diamond I got for my B-day!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 07-03-06 , 02:55 PM

My birthday is July 6th and as some of you know, we've been spending gobs of money on house improvements galore. Bleh. Yeah gutters...*great* gift let me tell ya. :P furthermore, mom is more important to me, so I spent most of my "Lemon Drop" fund on her pendant:
http://www.diamondring.com/forums/s...ead.php?t=71142

So, you can imagine my utter suprise when I was window shopping for a semi mount for Lemon Drop (that's the name I gave to my oval diamond in my e-ring, in case you're wondering...yes, I'm a little bonkers) that I happened across a light brown diamond that I could actually afford! Here it is:

"Artistic" photo where you can't really see the diamond!

It's not cut well, but the polish is excellent and despite the wonky percentages, it still manages to have great eye appeal. It sorta winked at me, ya know what i mean? The table width is too wide which takes away from it's full capability to produce fire, but it is certainly brilliant enough.

Attached Images
170_7071.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Re: Little Baby Brownie Diamond I got for my B-day!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 07-03-06 , 02:59 PM

Specs:
.66 ct round brilliant
5.42-5.43 x 3.40
62.5% depth 69.3% table
C3 champagne color

Hmmm, why is that pics so small...here it is again:

I guess the flowers are shy. LOL. Here it is compared to my e-ring (supposedly I color...looks more like an M to me though.)

Face down:

I'm enthusiastically open to setting ideas! I was thinking maybe a halo setting. I dunno.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 07-03-06 , 03:08 PM

WOW! First, happy early birthday!!! What a cool find!! I don't' know anything about champagne diamonds, but it looks cool!

I would say maybe a halo setting, or perhaps find some gemstones on the sides and make it into a 3 stone?? Everytime I see a diamond this color, it reminds me of (I think it was) Farside's 3 stone DBL brown ring with all that yummy engraving.

Bit of a tangent off of your bday find, you said your ER is supposidly an I, but looks like a M? Really? That picture makes it look white! But then I remeber your post when you had gotten that yummy ER (oval right?) and it did look warmer than some I/J's I've seen..

Old pandora77

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Square Emerald Cut E-Ring

My Karma
Power: 74
pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 07-03-06 , 04:08 PM

Congratulations on your new stone!! I can't wait to see how you will set it!! And Happy Birthday, in advance!!!

pandora77 signature
~*~Angela~*~
Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-03-06 , 04:27 PM

Thanks! It's last year I can claim I'm in my 20's LOL.

Yep, same ring in all the pics. I don't see any indication of flourescence on the diamond report, but yes, it does seem to look warmer in some lighting and brighter in others. When the diamond is very clean it does look white, especially outdoors but in general, I can see a yellow tint to it. I suspect it was graded too high since the papers are from EGL, but that's just a guess. Either way, I don't mind the yellow tinge, hence the nick name "Lemon Drop"

Oh yes, Farside's 3 stone chocolate asschers was divine! Snooper, what gemstones would look good with this light brown? Part of me was thinking maybe mint green something (chocolate mint combo...I must be hungry). On the other hand maybe super white diamonds? I dunno! Endelss possibilities. It is a smallish stone, so I think it could use some buddies in a ring setting.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 07-03-06 , 04:39 PM

Gemstones might be hard to find, actually the more I look at your stone? Scratch that idea out.

I think a nice pair of icy white diamonds on the sides would be a good way to go. Or if you want to save $, perhaps a pair of zircons on the side? It's a gemstone technically, but I think they're pretty diamond-like looking? I would pair it w/ either pear side stones (zircon) or matching rounds, or tap. baguettes

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 07-03-06 , 10:22 PM

Zircons are brittle though which is why I'd shy away from them. They are brillant, but for some reason the double refraction always bugs me (same reason why I'm not too hot on periodots) It's silly, I know...

Hmmm, a 3 stone anniversary style with white diamond sides sounds really nice though. Or maybe even a 3 stone with all champagne diamonds?

I think the reason why I was thinking Halo or cluster setting was due to Kleinkath's fabulous green diamond ring she posted a while back:
http://www.diamondring.com/forums/a... id=39306&stc=1

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 07-03-06 , 10:25 PM

Ahhh yes! Good point! I do love her green ring, and I'm always amazed at how a halo makes a stone so much larger!!!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 153
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 07-04-06 , 12:36 AM

Ohhh....Briolette - I think that Kleinkaths' ring would be a great option for your the little brown stone that could....

What about two little white pears on either side - that could look really lovely I think.

Just seeing that picture of the diamond outside made me nervous - i'd be worried i'd drop it or the dog would swallow it

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 07-04-06 , 12:41 AM

Yeah, a pair of pears would be devine. After seeing Asscher's newly vamped ER (added pears) I think that is definately a good option!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 07-04-06 , 12:47 AM

Yes Snooper, Asschers new setting is pretty cool.

I was thinking something like this. Your unique brown diamond one made me think of this ring (I hope David dosen't mind me posting his chamelon ring here

Attached Images
chamelon.jpg

Old Namtan

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: FLY Cushion

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 54
Namtan is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 07-04-06 , 02:03 AM

Briolette, It seems like nice size for it weight, isn't it? What about halo and split shank like this?

Attached Images
1168a.jpg

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 07-04-06 , 02:08 AM

That's a great pic Namtan! Mind if I ask you where you found that link? Usually when I search for split shanks, they have a taper near where the band would sit on the bottom of one's finger...

Old Namtan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 07-04-06 , 02:14 AM

I can't really remember where I get the picture from but there was a logo of brand called Everest Diamond in the picture.

Old Namtan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 07-04-06 , 02:20 AM

I think this is really cool too. you can wear together as a set or else.

Attached Images
J162_4.jpg J162_1.jpg J162_2.jpg J162_3.jpg

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 07-04-06 , 02:36 AM

Oh wow that's really cool!!

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 07-04-06 , 10:07 AM

Briolette is sounds like the gals are on the right track concerning options for this beauty. It would also be pretty with some smaller, very light pink sapphires or kunzite sidestones(round) with a halo around all three stones. I just love pink and brown tones together. Yum. I just suggested these in case diamonds where not an option. ~Ronda

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 07-04-06 , 07:20 PM

That's a great idea Ronda - pink and brown are a great combo - in fact I am wearing pink and brown today - so stylish

But I love that idea of pink and brown..mmmm....

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 07-04-06 , 08:46 PM

Pink and brown! Wow...I like that idea Rhonda. Should I go with yellow or white gold?

Asscher's ring is beautiful, Ruby, and I love that style more for an e-ring. This'll be a RHR. But who knows, maybe I will go with pear sides! LOL, yes, I was nervous about it being outside...don't worry, I had a big white sheet underneath the bush incase it fell.

I didn't think about the split shank, Namtam. That's beautiful and it also has a halo.

The stone really is kind of small. It's 5.4 mm. so if I can make it look bigger, that would be great.

All fantastic ideas ladies! Just talking about it is fun. I've got an unlimited timeline since this is for me and for my right hand, so yeah. I appreciate the input.

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 07-04-06 , 10:36 PM

You could always do white gold with rose gold around the pink gemstones. ~Ronda

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 07-05-06 , 09:24 AM

Now, here's a interesting take on the halo look I found on faycullen.com. Maybe the 4 cardinal diamonds could be small pink sapphires. Might be interesting...

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 07-05-06 , 10:01 AM

OH I really like that idea briolette...and the setting goes without saying! Beautiful!~Ronda

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 07-05-06 , 07:27 PM

Briolette - love it!! What a great setting and a fantastic idea with the pink sapphires. That setting will take up a bit of finger real estate too - ohh, i love it. Oh, did I say I love it?

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 07-06-06 , 02:44 AM

That ring looks great!

Old Brit

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 89
Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute Brit has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=956, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 07-06-06 , 04:45 PM

Happy Birthday Briolette!!

Brit signature
***Specializing In Engagement Rings***
www.dbof.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/West-...4247?ref=search
Attached Images
birthday.gif

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My Circle of Life Pendant made from Granny s ring by LCole
Up a Topic Hello from the newbie Wearing platinum and yellow gold at the same time posted in Greet New Members by Cithelmine
Older:
Down a Topic My Diamond Rings by synicgrrl
Down a Topic Newbie Has A posted in DIAMONDS by Bonbon25