Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Jill67

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Marc Williams RHR

My Karma
Power: 78
Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of

My original e-ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-20-06 , 03:54 PM

I've been wearing my original e-ring lately (though truly, it's a 16th anniversary gift), and realized I had never posted pics of it on here. It really is a treasure. We got it for $395., an estate piece. It's yellow and rose gold on top, and white underneath. It's a rb, about .37 carat (4.24mm), G SI2. Though the table seems a bit large, it's quite sparlky, especially in this setting. The pics don't show how sparkly it is.

Jill

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Attached Images
Ring Floral 011.1.jpg Ring Floral 006.jpg Ring Floral 029.1.jpg Ring Floral 021.1.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of Jill67 has much to be proud of

Re: My original e-ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-20-06 , 03:57 PM

OK, those pics came out HUGE - sorry...

I'm curious as to the maker of the ring. It has a Black Hills Gold look, but as it's worn, I think it's prettier than most of those that I see. There are four rosebuds, 2 on each side.

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old mimi123

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: diamond studs/bracelet/rings/pen

My Karma
Power: 86
mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-20-06 , 06:44 PM

Hi Jill67 - It's a lovely ring! I love estate sales - too bad u don't have more info - maybe someone here can answer that for you. Good luck with it!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 154
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-20-06 , 08:09 PM

Oh Jill, that is a sweet ring. I was going to say I love the engarving, but that isn't engraving at all really is it? The rosebuds are kind of sticking out - ok, there has to be a techincal term for this? But it is lovely, what ever it is called!

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-20-06 , 08:31 PM

Lovely! You're right, it almost is like a Blackhills gold ring in that it has different colors of gold. I like how the rosebud is in rose gold!

Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-20-06 , 10:21 PM

My guess is that is was cast in white gold, then yellow and rose gold were applied over the white. You can't really see it, but besides the white being the lower plain third of the shank, it also comes along side the top part, on the side, in a thin trim. All I know is I love the floral appearance, and the way the diamond twinkles on top of it. The story of the ring was this: The jewelry lady who bought it said an elderly widower sold it to her. It had been his wife's, and they had no children to pass it down to. She urged him to make sure no female relatives in the family would want it. He didn't think any did. So now I have it. What different lives its former wearer and I have. (I have 5 kids.) I've always liked the idea of wearing an older piece, with a history. It would be more romantic if it had been stolen by a pirate, and then passed down to his great-great-niece, who ran off to Spain to marry the man she truly loved, against her family's wishes, and then she was lost at sea on the way...

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old DandiAndi

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 113
DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-21-06 , 07:49 AM

Jill it's just goregous!! I love the rose gold touches, and it looks awesome with that band. What a find!!

DandiAndi signature
*~*~* Andrea *~*~*

Thought for the day:

"If a man is standing in the forest talking, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

(As quoted by my darling hubby )
Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-21-06 , 12:00 PM

Thanks, I like it with this band too. The e-ring is about 4mm at the widest, and the band is 3mm. I also have a 4mm band, but I like it with this one better.

I'm enjoying wearing them right now. I'm thinking of having my new .81 platinum e-ring resized so I can wear it as a RHR.

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old pandora77

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Square Emerald Cut E-Ring

My Karma
Power: 75
pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 06-21-06 , 11:07 PM

Nice ring Jill! And we never mind big pictures of diamonds! All the better to see them with!!

Thanks for sharing the story behind your ring..it makes it all that much more unique!!

pandora77 signature
~*~Angela~*~
Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

mystery solved
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-27-06 , 12:41 AM

Well, after owning this "origin unknown" e-ring for 5 years, I finally saw another like it. DH and I were at a local grocery store, and the lady in front of us in the checkout was wearing the exact same ring, but her diamond was smaller, maybe .25 carat. Also she had a matching band. I was totally stunned by seeing my ring on someone else's finger! I found out the make and year of it as well. She and her husband bought the set at Gordon's, a mall jewelery store, in 1985, and she remembered seeing "Black Hills Gold" on the box. 1985 was the year we were married, and I may well have chosen the matching floral wedding band if I had seen it. (Didn't have $$ for an e-ring back then.) But we only went to one place, an older, classy shop in town. It didn't occur to either of us to "shop around." I didn't think wedding rings were anything more than a plain gold band, as my mother's was. How little I thought of jewelry back then. (I wasn't quite 18.) We picked out our bands in about 20 minutes, LOL! Still, I was quite happy with it as a band worn alone - until I first spotted antique floral wedding bands...

Anyway, it's neat to think that, after all this time, I ended up getting what I probably would've chosen had I known it existed.

Jill

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 127
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 06-27-06 , 04:18 PM

I love the flowers on it. It's so delicate and effeminate. Funny how you saw another one like it! Yours goes well with the miligrain band though.

<i>stolen by a pirate, and then passed down to his great-great-niece, who ran off to Spain to marry the man she truly loved, against her family's wishes, and then she was lost at sea on the way...</i>

Buaa haa haa. Jill! You crack me up. What an imagination.

Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 06-28-06 , 02:39 PM

Thanks, Briolette. I guess that's what I liked about it too. I think it goes well with the milgrain too. In fact, the more I think about it, the more I prefer it over the matching band.

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Old Jill67

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 06-28-06 , 02:42 PM

I'm glad you liked my ring's "history" - if only it was true! LOL!

Jill67 signature
Psalm 103
Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Earrings by diadiva
Up a Topic Wedding band questions posted in JEWELRY by puddy
Older:
Down a Topic My Diamond Bracelets by diadiva
Down a Topic American Idol Contest posted in Jewelry Contests by Jan