Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 151
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

A few pictures of one of my favorite rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-03-06 , 08:42 AM

I have loved looking at all of the eye candy on this site, so thought that I would share some pictures of a round colored diamond that I have that the DH bought for me long before DT. It was actually the first piece of jewelry that he gave to me, so it is extra special for that reason.

I don't have any papers for it, and I don't know if the color is natural or irradiated. It was sold to my husband as olive green. Based on what I have read I would assume that the color is not natural, but I still love it. It was difficult to get a good picture of the color since it is cloudy here today.

Katherine

Attached Images
IMG_1190-small.JPG IMG_1189-small.JPG IMG_1193-small.JPG IMG_1192-small.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: A few pictures of one of my favorite rings
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-03-06 , 10:50 AM

Awesome kleinkath! Thanks for sharing with us! It's sorta like a halo, which I like with colored gemstones May I ask how large the center stone is?

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-03-06 , 10:57 AM

Thanks Snooper! I love your new yellow RHR. When I got my cushion from DBL I thought about a setting like yours.

I believe that the center is about 0.5. But, I think that the cut is a little shallow as it looks bigger than that.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-03-06 , 11:08 AM

Mine is also a bit shallow. Just goes to show that numbers don't mean squat! When you get better lighting, I'd love to see that ring in the sunlight. I bet the colors change a bit

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-03-06 , 01:11 PM

KK: that is really pretty. You must get a lot of compliments on it. What a neat find!

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 213
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=424, In=0
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-03-06 , 04:35 PM

Thanks for the eye candy KK. You just don't see the fancy colors out there very often, and especially not the green ones! Of any shade of green. Those are pretty rare indeed.

I like the setting. It's like a Princess Di / Halo mix style. Very pretty with the round center.

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-04-06 , 11:27 AM

Thanks everyone!

Snooper, I will try to take some pictures outside when the sun is more cooperative.

I do love the color and sometimes it is much more yellow and others it is really green.

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 153
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-04-06 , 11:57 PM

Ohhh, I love green. MMm...a green diamond. Very pretty - even if it's not the natural colour!

Old abcm1125

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Diamond E-Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 71
abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 06-05-06 , 12:39 AM

katherine~ That is a wonderful diamond. The setting is wonderful as well!

abcm1125 signature
Amber

I love my USMC pilot
Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-05-06 , 07:00 PM

How did I overlook this thread?? It is so gorgeous and unique! I can see why it is so special to you!!~Ronda

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 126
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 06-05-06 , 08:52 PM

Wow! THat's a really cool ring. So unique. Can we also get a profile shot of it?

Old pandora77

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Square Emerald Cut E-Ring

My Karma
Power: 74
pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future pandora77 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 06-05-06 , 10:48 PM

Very unique and beautfiul ring! i can't wait to see more pictures of it!!

pandora77 signature
~*~Angela~*~
Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 06-14-06 , 10:25 AM

Hi Everyone,

Sorry that I haven't posted any more pics yet. I was away on vacation for a week. (A whole week without internet...who knew that you could do that?!?!) Thanks again for all of the compliments.

Then it was right back to work for me on the plane to NYC the next day. I will try to get something up this weekend.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 06-14-06 , 11:40 AM

I'll be waiting for pictures

I miss NYC... <sigh> I need to get down there...

Old mimi123

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: diamond studs/bracelet/rings/pen

My Karma
Power: 85
mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute mimi123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 06-18-06 , 06:29 PM

If I may say so - that is one GEORGEOUS ring!!Wow.....

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 07-05-06 , 12:57 AM

kleinkath, was the ring fully assembled when you got it or did you pick out a setting. I love the shared prong cluster style of this ring and want something like it for my loose stone.

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 07-05-06 , 10:00 AM

Hi Briloette,

Thank you for the compliments! I saw your new stone and love it! Congratulations.

The ring was already put together when my husband gave it to me. I like the shared prong as well. I think that makes it a little different.

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 07-06-06 , 02:11 PM

Do you happen to have a shot of you ring from the side? I'm curious what the undercarriage looks like. I may have to get something like this custom cast.

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 07-16-06 , 06:58 AM

Briolette,

Sorry that I haven't gotten a shot up for you sooner. I didn't have my camera with me while I was away. I cannot wait to see what you decide for your new brown diamond. I am sure that it will be gorgeous.

Here is a shot from the side. And, one or two more of it in the bright sun.

Katherine

Attached Images
sideview1.JPG green2.JPG green1.JPG

Old abcm1125

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Yellow Diamond E-Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Karma
Power: 71
abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of abcm1125 has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 07-16-06 , 07:06 AM

That ring is just beautiful!!!

abcm1125 signature
Amber

I love my USMC pilot
Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 07-17-06 , 03:43 PM

Thank you so much Kleinkath. This'll be very helpful.

Wow...that is just such a beautiful ring. It looks incredibly well made too. Does the green look different in various lighting conditions.

Old farsidej

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
farsidej will become famous soon enough farsidej will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 08-19-06 , 07:45 PM

I just love the color!

Old CaraMish

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
CaraMish will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 08-19-06 , 09:02 PM

Wow!!! That's one gorgeous ring!!! Thanks for the great pics!!!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 08-20-06 , 02:11 AM

Thanks again for your kind words!! It is so nice to share with other diamond lovers. I too love the color it is really eye catching

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 08-20-06 , 10:09 AM

I do love your ring too! The color tones remind me somewhat of my DBL ring! BTW...you have the prettiest hands.........I would never say the are the hands of a 37 year old......but a 22 year old!!!~Ronda

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My Beautiful K Princess by toomuchjewelry
Up a Topic Howdy posted in Greet New Members by DanaLynn
Older:
Down a Topic Picked this up on the way home today by JewelsNTools
Down a Topic Hello from Washington DC posted in Greet New Members by cinnamongrrl