Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 75
Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future

0.74ct Potentially flawless diamond engagement ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-25-06 , 07:32 PM

My bestfriends engagement didn't work out unfortunately. I'm selling this ring on his behalf. It's beautiful....I almost bought it from him but I didn't want to hurt my fiance's feelings.

EGL USA Certified princess cut
.742 ct
VS1-potentially flawless
G color
5.05X4.96X3.60mm

$3500.00 OBO

The center diamond is surrounded by .92 cts of princess cut diamonds (for a total of 1.66 cts) also VS1-2 and G color. Each of the diamonds sparkles like crazy and are evenly matched and look beautifully cut. The ring is platinum, currently a size 4.5 but can be sized up to a 7. The center diamond was hand picked and it is very well cut...I think you can see that in the pics. My friend bought it in the LA jewelry district from a jeweler that deals with mostly cops (Both myself and my best friend are police) and it was by appointment only. That doesnt matter much....my point is this wasnt a mall jewelry purchase...he wanted the best for his GF and he made his selection very carefully.

The ring comes in a red inner box, matching outter box, mini-cert card, appraisal for $9500.00 and receipt. I have the ring in my possession...he's in Canada golfing. Please email me with ANY questions.

Paypal, check, MO accepted...and if you are local to Los Angeles, cash.

Regards,
Amber

Attached Images
MVC-031S.JPG MVC-029S.JPG MVC-027S.JPG MVC-025S.JPG MVC-030S.JPG MVC-028S.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future

Re: .75 Potentially flawless diamond engagement ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 05-25-06 , 11:07 PM

Please don't be afraid to make offers...I know he wants this gone soon...preferably before he gets back from Canada.

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 05-30-06 , 12:07 AM

$3200 Obo

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-01-06 , 11:33 AM

And the ring is being offered with a money back guarantee to give you time to view the ring and authenticate it. & days seems reasonable, but if mre time is needed that can be arranged.

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-01-06 , 11:34 AM

Ugh...I need coffee...that was 7 days

Old Tengu

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Chainmaille Ring

My Karma
Power: 0
Tengu is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-06-06 , 12:44 AM

I am sorry to hear about your friend and his woes. I hope that everything works out better for him.
In relation to the main stone, would you be able to provide other specifications? Table size, depth, girdle, etc. If you have anything on the side stones that would be useful as well.

Many thanks,

Matt

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-06-06 , 10:19 PM

I don't have the full cert, just the mini cert and it doesnt have those measurements. I can order the full cert. The side stones arent certified...too small...but they are exceptional as well. All the diamond are well cut..as you can see by the pics.

Old Tengu

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-07-06 , 06:13 AM

If it would not be too much trouble do you think you could acquire the full cert? I do not doubt what you say about the stones, I just try to have all the information I can gather on any topic. Also, would you happen to have pictures of other views of the ring? My apologies if I am causing a hassle.

On a side note I read in another thread that you are a sergeant with the LAPD. I am a dispatcher for Mecklenburg County Sheriff's Office in North Carolina and am currently working to acquiring the training and certifications I need to transition to full deputy. It is nice to meet another law enforcement professional.

Matt

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 06-07-06 , 07:27 PM

Hi,
Sure I can get the cert. I can take other pics, no prob...just let me know what views you want.

A deputy...Thats great! Good luck with the transition. You won't regret it...16 years and I've never had a day I didnt want to go to work!

Old Tengu

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-08-06 , 12:07 AM

Many thanks. If you could I would like to see some side angles and more views of the band. Anything you can think of that would show more than an overhead view.

I should be attending the NC Basic Law Enforcement Training in January, giving myself some time to move, get settled, and get some more experience with the department. I have only been with them for six months so I want to get as much as I can out of it.

I am glad that you have had such a good experience with the LAPD. That is a considerably rougher part of the world than this part of North Carolina.

Old MyriamT

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
MyriamT is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=204, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 06-09-06 , 12:20 PM

Dear Amber:
Sorry to hear about your friend's engagement ...
I don't know whether you understand what the meaning of "potentially I.F." mean. With recutting the diamond and minimal weight loss you can obtain the Internally Flawless grade. Also it looks like the diamond will retain it's crucial weight of atleast keeping 0.70 ct. - from observing the diagram/plot of this diamond, on the pavilion/back side of the diamond you have a feather; when removing this imperfection you than can obtain the I.F. grade. Sometimes it can make it easier for resale - but please keep in mind that you will need to re-certify this diamond since the original report will not reflect its "new" clarity grade.
Kindly yours,
Myriam

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Finally got the certificate
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 11-07-06 , 04:39 PM

He finally got the cert with ALL the specs. Its EGL USA certified.
Depth 72.9
table 87
crown 4.5
pavillion 61
Girdle Very thick polished
polish and symmetry both good
Flourescence very faint blue
$3000 OBO

Old diamondjunkie

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute diamondjunkie has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 11-07-06 , 06:20 PM

Good luck with this sale Hte2w8! It's a very pretty ring.

Old MyriamT

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
MyriamT is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=204, In=0

Re: Finally got the certificate
Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 11-08-06 , 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hte2w8
He finally got the cert with ALL the specs. Its EGL USA certified.
Depth 72.9
table 87
crown 4.5
pavillion 61
Girdle Very thick polished
polish and symmetry both good
Flourescence very faint blue
$3000 OBO

Am happy to see that after more than 5 months EGL came through with providing you this report.
Kindly,
Myriam Tashey

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 11-08-06 , 01:30 PM

It wasnt EGL, it was the owner of the ring. His mixed feelings about the breakup have cause him to procrastinate some...hoping for his former fiance to reconsider. I think he finally realized that isnt going to happen.

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 94
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 11-08-06 , 02:10 PM

awwwww thats always sad to hear

CandySplitShanks signature
AKA CandySmooch
Control is an illusion.
Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 11-08-06 , 04:16 PM

Yea, hes a great guy. In fact, if no one is interested in the ring, how bout a vintage boyfriend?

Kidding... but he IS a great guy and deserves much better than she was willing to offer.

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 11-08-06 , 06:34 PM

hahahhahah "vintage boyfriend"..........is he old or something?

AKA CandySmooch
Control is an illusion.
Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 11-08-06 , 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandySplitShanks
hahahhahah "vintage boyfriend"..........is he old or something?

Lol....well..he aint a kid....and vintage sounded better than "slightly used"

Old taylormillgirl

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 87
taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute taylormillgirl has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 11-08-06 , 10:48 PM

Well, he has great taste in jewelry...an admirable quality in a boyfriend!

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 11-12-06 , 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hte2w8
Lol....well..he aint a kid....and vintage sounded better than "slightly used"

HAHAHHAHA your too funny!!!!!

AKA CandySmooch
Control is an illusion.
Read Messages in: JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic A pair of 0 90ctw 5mm round Tanzanites by PhilipC
Up a Topic Do you think this 1 78 AGS stone is fairly priced posted in DIAMONDS by searchforice
Older:
Down a Topic 2mm Platinum Band 110 shipped Size 4 75 by aggieal
Down a Topic Interesting thread on challenges facing BM s posted in General Discussion by GilbertZ