Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old suz123

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
suz123 is on a distinguished road

I need HELP !!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-14-06 , 12:16 AM

I need HELP !!I need HELPI need HELP
I have just joined this site in hopes of getting some help. I am a consumer. I took 3 diamond rings to a local jewler to put on consignment. These rings had never been worn. Two are settings only. The jewler said that he could accept 2 of the rings, one setting and one with a solitare. The other setting was not the quality that he sells.

I had checked with the store and the sales gals periodically and they said neither had sold. The jewlery store move to a new location and the owner said he could continue to place them on consignment. Well over a year had gone by. After Christmas of 2005 I went to the new location to pick up the rings.

The owner got the solitare out and said that the stone was probably good enough for a pendant or an earring. He said he used this diamond to show people that this diamond would be what the jewelry stores in the mall sell. I looked at the diamond and it had a large visible cloud and dark spot in the middle. This is NOT the diamond that I left him. When my husband bought this ring for me the certificate that came with it stated it was an S3. I thought it would have very visible inclusions. We had to look very close in bright day light to find the tinest of specks under the point part of the diamond. I ask the owner if he was sure this was the diamond. He assured me it was. I told him that I would leave the rings there until he heard back from me.

I came home and checked the certificate to see the size of the diamond. I called the jeweler and asked if he could check the dimensions of the stone. The dimensions are off but not by much. He got very angry before I said anything about the difference. He doesn't use a digital measuring device and that would accout for the difference.

He still has the rings, I filed for small claims, and now I need help, suggestions as how to present this to the judge. The hearing in Monday, so any help is greatly appreciated. Suz

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 264
Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=8898, In=2
Referrals: 2

Re: I need HELP !!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-14-06 , 12:55 AM

Does the plot diagram on the document match that of the diamond ? Also the actual weight of the diamond.

I would go to the jeweler with your documents, and look at it under the scope to see if it matches the report first.

Brad signature
DBOF.com

We sell diamonds not paper
Old BrianKnox

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cordovan shoes with white socks
Visit my blog :  August?s Custom Engagement Ring Spotlight

My Feedback (21)
Feedback In: 
+18  0
Feedback Out:
+21  0

My Karma
Power: 445
BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute BrianKnox has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=4500, In=260
Referrals: 23

Re: I need HELP !!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-14-06 , 09:21 AM

It is quite normal for different measuring devices to give different measurements for the exact same diamond, especially when a diamond is mounted in a ring.

Some of the difference can be attributed to varying levels of precision & calibration between the instruments and some to the limits of measuring a diamond that is mounted.

Brian

BrianKnox signature
Knox Jewelers / Minneapolis, Minnesota
Knoxrings.com 1-888-347-4493
Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Does anyone have experience with buying diamond from BlueNile by linhngu
Up a Topic SOLD Tiffany Co Engagement 2 Eternity Bands 3 81 ctw E G VVS VS1 posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by dressingup
Older:
Down a Topic Tahitian Pearl by Bread
Down a Topic Greetings Searching for beauty on a budget posted in Greet New Members by ring4gl