Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 75
toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice

My Beautiful K Princess!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 04-07-06 , 09:30 PM

Hello! Here is my beautiful 2.58 K princess!! It's in a split shank platinum pave mounting by A. Jaffe. I am just thrilled with this and just got it back from the jeweler today!

It faces up remarkably white due to the faint flourescence and I am SOOOO happy with it!

Here are the pics...

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice toomuchjewelry is just really nice

pictures
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 04-07-06 , 09:33 PM

here are some pictures...I went camera crazy!

Attached Images
finally 004a.jpg

Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

and here are some more...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 04-07-06 , 09:36 PM

more pics...

Attached Images
finally 009b.jpg finally 012b.jpg finally 006b.jpg

Old DandiAndi

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 112
DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute DandiAndi has a reputation beyond repute

Re: My Beautiful K Princess!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 04-07-06 , 09:39 PM

WOOOOOOWWWWWWWW! It's just gorgeous toomuchjewelry!! I love the split shank, and the matching band...! LOVE it!

DandiAndi signature
*~*~* Andrea *~*~*

Thought for the day:

"If a man is standing in the forest talking, and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?"

(As quoted by my darling hubby )
Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 04-07-06 , 09:44 PM

Thank you so much! I am just at a loss for words with how it turned out! It's been quite a process to go through to finally decide on this wedding set and diamond that I just adore...and I am so glad that this forum exists because it was a tremendous help to me!

Old LCole

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 1

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 102
LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute LCole has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 04-07-06 , 10:04 PM

It is beautiful! I had that same A. Jaffe setting picked to put my round stone in. I was so worried about the prongs (I thought they were too prominent)I decided against it and we are going to the jeweler Monday to work on a custom design. But, now seeing your setting, I think I may go with the setting after all! (My DBF is going to kill me) I love it! Congratulations!

Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 04-07-06 , 10:09 PM

I say go for it! This setting is to die for! I love the split shank and a round would look fabulous! and thank you for the compliments!

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 04-07-06 , 10:28 PM

toomuch! LOVE IT! I'm a bit biased as I love Princess cuts! I've been thinking of a remount, and seeing your split shank makes me wonder if I should go that route! If you want, hand shots are always fun to see

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 04-08-06 , 12:46 AM

Your ring is gorgeous!! The stone and the setting go perfectly together. I've got some questions.
1. How did you get such great pictures? All of my pics are much blurrier...
2. What is the story behind your ring--it sounds like you had the stone in a different setting earlier (I might have missed out on your story earlier)
3. The cut looks amazing. Tell me please how you arrived at this stone. I am attracted to I-J-K stones myself. They seem to have a way of beckoning me.
Thanks....and enjoy the beautiful ring :-)

Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 04-08-06 , 09:16 AM

Hi Snooper...here's a hand shot...

Attached Images
finally 019b.jpg

Old toomuchjewelry

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 04-08-06 , 09:29 AM

Hi Itbit: We'd have to have a MAJOR telephone conversation about how I finally decided on this as "the one"...my poor husband!

Truthfully, a lot of it had to do with always wanting and trying to use an old mounting because of sentimental value...as soon as I was able to mentally let go of that, I bought this new split shank mounting with the matching band and then it all came together quite nicely because the shape of the center stone was decided for me already by this mounting. This was to be my 10 year upgrade, but now it's 4 years later! And there were a couple of rings in between that did not work out for different reasons. I've never had a matched set. This is a first for me and something I wanted really bad (as in our whole married life I've wanted a matched set). And I wanted to find the best and biggest diamond for my price range that would look nice in this mounting. However I hadn't planned to go quite this big...it just ended up that way! My husband found this diamond at a local jeweler. I truly feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

As for the pics...My camera is a Kodak 4 mega pixel. I just had to take pics of this ring/set to share!

Thank you for the wonderful compliments! :-)

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 213
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=424, In=0
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 04-08-06 , 09:58 AM

Gorgeous, gorgeous!! And what a big look too!!

Congrats on the new rock and the beautiful wedding set! It looks great on you.

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old mtorres00

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
mtorres00 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 04-08-06 , 12:37 PM

HOLY SH^T!!!!! that ring is AMAZING!!!!

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 167
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 04-08-06 , 01:46 PM

It looks great on your hand. Good to hear you got the matched set you dreamed of. Your set is fabulous and classy!

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 92
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 04-09-06 , 01:13 AM

I Love Split Shanks!!

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 381
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 04-09-06 , 10:53 AM

I can't hardly tell it's a "K"....but even still, who cares, I love the warmer color! It looks beautifully cut too and the setting is gorgeous and....etc...etc!! Beautiful!~Ronda

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 04-15-06 , 02:52 AM

toomuch, thanks for posting a hand pic It's just soooooo pretty! You're sportin' some major bling!!

Old CandySplitShanks

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 92
CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute CandySplitShanks has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 09-05-06 , 02:42 AM

i just love the warmth of this stone! i prefer the warmer colors GHKIJ as to the colorless

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 09-05-06 , 02:45 AM

Ok, hold up!!! your avatar looks different than the pic posted in this thread! did you change your setting?

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Engaged with pictures by evademian
Up a Topic GIA Emerald Cut H VS1 posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by DiamLady
Older:
Down a Topic A few pictures of one of my favorite rings by kleinkath
Down a Topic Trapiche Emeralds posted in GEMSTONES by periegetes