Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow Emerald Cut Diamond

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
Power: 153
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

A quick introduction
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 02-15-06 , 02:20 PM

Hello All,

I just wanted to finally introduce myself and say hello. I have been "lurking" as they say for a while now enjoying everyone's pictures and learning a little bit along the way.

As of this afternoon I am now the proud new owner of a beuatiful new cushion cut three stone ring from DBL. I only have David's pictures at the moment, so I hope he doesn't mind if I show them off. I will try to take some of my own shortly.

K

Attached Images
158125a.JPG 158125c.JPG

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Snooper is an unknown quantity at this point

Re: A quick introduction
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 02-15-06 , 03:59 PM

Kleinkath

WOWZAS!! Congrats to the new ring!! Did you recently get engaged? Please feel free to post new pictures and again, welcome and wear that ROCK well!

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 169
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 02-15-06 , 08:13 PM

Very pretty ring!! Congratulations!! :-)

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 383
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 02-16-06 , 11:15 AM

Wow..It's a stunner! I love cushion cuts!!! ~Ronda

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma
kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute kleinkath has a reputation beyond repute

Thank!!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 02-16-06 , 01:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for all of the compliments. (And, to David for such a great ring.) I am pretty excited about it as you can imagine! I have been wanting one of DBL's rings for a while now. Every Saturday my husband says, "Are you looking at those rings again?"

Snooper, I have actually been married for almost 4 years, but was never happy with the ring that I had. Everyone else liked it just not me. So, I think that I finally wore my DH down and he let me pick out something new.

And, Webgal I agree that you have marvelous taste. That ring of your is a stunner! I am already dreaming about an emerald cut of my own... Guess that I had better wait a few days to tell the DH about that one.

K

Old ZsaZsa

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: 2ct Princess with 1ct side stns

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 57
ZsaZsa is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 02-16-06 , 02:06 PM

After seeing all of the amazing cusion cuts on here, I am beginning to love them, that may be a possible up grade in the future?? HAHA Look at me im not even married yet, he knew what he was geting into when he asked me to marry him LOL

-L

Old ZsaZsa

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 02-16-06 , 02:07 PM

Oh my gosh the reason for my last post...to comment on how beautiful your ring is hahah

Its breathtaking.

Congrats.

-L

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 02-16-06 , 08:54 PM

Gorgeous ring K - amazing stuff from DBL - so very jealous!

Be sure and give us some hand shots when get a chance.

Old canukgal

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
canukgal is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 02-16-06 , 10:59 PM

Very pretty--congrats!

cheers--Sharon

Old quizzle

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
quizzle is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 02-16-06 , 11:16 PM

Oooh, I was admiring that one at one point myself. Gorgeous!

I adore the cushion cuts, too.

And I'm really developing a liking for those yellow diamonds....

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 02-17-06 , 01:35 PM

Thanks again! It is so nice to be able to brag a little. I will try to post hand shots later this weekend.

Ruby, I cannot wait to see what you finally decide on for your ring. I love emeralds too and they are my daughter's birth stone. Too bad that they are so easy to damage.

And, Webgal I think that it was the fact that I left friends and family and moved over to the Netherlands to be with the hubby that helped to put me on the fast track! And, nothing is worse than an e-ring that you don't like. Well, maybe there is... I do have this one friend who has been married for 15 years without a single diamond...I am not sure but I think that might be against the rules

K

Old SamanthaMireille

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Fancy Yellow 3 stone ring

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 67
SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold SamanthaMireille is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 02-18-06 , 12:14 AM

Oh, you are lucky!! I was admiring that ring, and it's so nice to see where it ended up. Thanks for sharing!

SamanthaMireille signature
~SamanthaMireille~
Old farsidej

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 62
farsidej will become famous soon enough farsidej will become famous soon enough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 02-18-06 , 02:08 AM

Congratulations! It's quite beautiful. And, welcome to DT.

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

More pictures
Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 02-18-06 , 06:17 AM

Wow! It is so nice to receive so many compliments! Especially considering how great all the diamonds on here are.

I tried my best to take some pictures of my own to share. I am really proud of my "new addition" as you can tell. Hand shots and flower shots are obligatory I know. Sorry that they are not so great.

K

Attached Images
IMG_1126.JPG IMG_1118.JPG IMG_1123.JPG IMG_1114.JPG IMG_1122.JPG IMG_1139.JPG IMG_1141.JPG

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 02-18-06 , 06:19 AM

Oh... And I know that the band is not right with it, but I do love it. So, until I can afford something else I will have to make due with it

K

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 383
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 02-18-06 , 11:02 AM

Wow..that is exquisite! Pictures are good too! Actually, I don't think the band looks too bad with it! Very gorgeous!!! ~Ronda

Old sparkleluv

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 64
sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 02-18-06 , 04:11 PM

Welcome to the DBL happy ring bearer's clan! Your ring is stunning! I am a big fan of yellow diamonds... I wear an engraved radiant/trilliant ring by DBL and I am thrilled with it. Wear your diamonds in good health, and be careful driving!

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 128
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 02-19-06 , 04:02 PM

Oooh! Beautiful and it isi HUGE! I love it and congrats.
Quote:
Oh... And I know that the band is not right with it, but I do love it. So, until I can afford something else I will have to make due with it

Well, till then, I'm sure plenty of us would be more than happy to help you and post lots of gorgeous pictures of possible band possibilities.

Have you thought about maybe wearing your wedding band on your right hand? I really like your wedding band as well, but that e-ring is so amazing it can stand on its own. Just a suggestion.

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 02-20-06 , 02:01 PM

Thanks briolette! I cannot believe how BIG it really is! A girl that I work with today told me that I needed to be careful walking alone with it at night

My husband votes for the band on the right hand too. It is just that I always trade out among my other rings on my right hand (not that I have all that many) and I love to wear my band. I still cannot deicde... I think that I just need to add a few more fingers is all.

K

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 02-21-06 , 01:34 PM

I have thought about trying a thin band with it. What I really want is to convince the hubby to let me send it back at some point to get the diamonds put in the shank.

The center diamond was graded Y-Z. And I am really happy with it. There is no doubt that it is yellow! And, I especially like it beacuse I prefer the lighter yellows.

Old ZsaZsa

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 02-21-06 , 01:57 PM

Kleinkath,

OK after looking at your ring (yet again), I absolutly love it! I am really starting to like yellow diamonds, and with the white its beautiful, are you allowed to upgrade before your married??

Joking

-L

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 02-21-06 , 08:37 PM

I also think a thin plain band would work well...that ring from DBL is so special, I wouldn't want anything to compete with it.

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 06-03-06 , 11:30 AM

Thanks KleinKath! I see that I did post on the thread! Seriously, I'm still trying to wake up here...

Have you purchased a new band yet? I too think a thin (2 mm?) would be best... and NOooooooo, don't put side stones down the shank!!! I love it how it is!!!

Old kleinkath

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (13)
Feedback In: 
+11  0
Feedback Out:
+13  0

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 06-03-06 , 11:42 AM

No problem Snooper! As you can imagine I love to show it off every chance that I get

I ended up getting a simple band of little rounds. (Sorry that the pics aren't so great)

No diamonds in the shank for now at least. I have David on the look out for something else at the moment so I need to save my pennies for that. But, we will have to wait and see what happens...

Attached Images
IMG_1203.JPG IMG_1202.JPG

Old Snooper

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 06-03-06 , 11:51 AM

OHH!!! I loveee it! I liked how your wedding band looked, but I just thought your ER needed to take center stage. I think the diamond band looks more proportionate and it compliments the ER.

Is it an eternity? I had wondered how the yellow basket wore with a white metal. The yellow doesn't 'rub off' onto the white metal does it? No, I'm sure that can't be true, but it doesn't hurt to ask

Don't hold out on pictures!!! I forgot that I was subscribed, but I see the last post was in Feb with no news on the band situation:P

So you're experiencing shrinkage? I think no matter how large the stone is, it'll shrink. Maybe we should all not clean our diamonds as much. Are diamonds like cotton? Do they shrink??

As much as I'd love to upgrade to a larger DBL yellow, I don't think I will with mine.

I seroiusly like your DBL AS IS! More pics if you have them

Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Hi from a New Member by csf97
Up a Topic Are You Allergic To An I 1 Clarity Diamond posted in DIAMONDS by barry
Older:
Down a Topic Good to Meet Everyone by orchard1973
Down a Topic Buying sapphire from Palagems posted in GEMSTONES by faibos