Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old heyta

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
heyta is on a distinguished road

New and just acquired an expensive ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-17-06 , 06:51 PM

I just won a diamond in a contest from Daniel K. I have been doing a lot of reading, but similarly to another poster, I am looking for advice on how best to sell it. It's a 2.03 carat G VS2 and the cut is probably on the higher end of asscher's. The ring is absolutely beautiful, and if my girlfriend even remotely thought she might want a diamond, I would save it for that day, but she's completely not interested in them.

a link to the prize page is here :

http://www.mylifemycard.com/mywishl...iamond_ring.pdf

Attached Images
Rheyta.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: E/VS Emerald Cut

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 8

My Karma
Power: 215
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=441, In=0
Referrals: 1

Re: New and just acquired an expensive ring
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-18-06 , 01:43 AM

Lucky you! Can you scan and post the GIA report that came it?

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old heyta

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-18-06 , 09:47 AM

GIA Report

Attached Images
GIA REPORT.jpg

Old yogimel

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: My game-face
Visit my blog :

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 149
yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=3

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-18-06 , 10:29 AM

Just piping in with an alternative point of view... why sell it?? I don't know how old you are, or how serious you are with your girlfriend; but all I keep thinking is that here you have this amazing, sizable diamond that fell into your lap. I'm going with the probability that eventually you're going to want to get engaged, whether it be to this girl or some other, and you're ahead of the game by having this diamond already, free and clear.

If you need the money, that's understandable - but keep in mind you'll never reap the full amount that you would if you wanted to buy the same exact ring yourself. And you can always have the stone reset down the road into another setting if the future Mrs heyta wasn't crazy about the current setting...or have it put into a pendant...or anything. Maybe if it was a smaller diamond, or not graded by GIA, or of a lesser clarity....but to my un-expert eyes this looks to be a lovely, desirable stone.

I don't know, my insides are just screaming for you to hang onto it. I'd have to for you regret your decision to sell it. You just neeeeeever know....

yogimel signature
1. NO MARVELING AT NATURE
2. NO UNSUPERVISED READING

www.SimsTalk.com

~Remembering Mercier~
Old heyta

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-18-06 , 11:20 AM

I do plan on getting engaged, probably in the near future. The problem is that the future mrs. heyta is a diamond hater. It would ruin the whole thing if I proposed with a diamond. I would love nothing more than for her to love diamonds, have this fall in my lap, and be able to ask the question with it in hand.

That would be an unbelievable thing...if she liked diamonds. In reality, her family can't afford a wedding, and we've decided when that day does come that we would pay for it ourselves. I have a good job, and that is not a problem for me, but to have the opportunity to cash in this diamond and basically pay for the whole wedding would mean a lot more to her than receiving a diamond.

You have to understand she doesn't like where they come from, what they stand for, and how they are marketted. It's not a question of whether she thinks they are beautiful.

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 383
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-18-06 , 12:30 PM

I am intrigued by the details too! Of all the people to win a contest and the girlfriend does not like diamonds??? Of course this is coming from someone who would love to have won that diamond!!! It is just gorgeous!~Ronda

Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 75
Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 01-18-06 , 12:50 PM

The contest was sponsered by American Express. During the month of December you could put something on your "wish list" and hopefully your wish would be granted by AMX. They asked how much you would be willing to pay for the item on your list, so the purchase price was his not theirs.

LUCKY LUCKY guy. We'd all kill to win that ring....BUT...it surely won't pay for a wedding, as you will never get retail for it. It's beautiful though.

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection

My Karma
DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute DiamLady has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 01-18-06 , 01:01 PM

Yes, I remember reading about this around Christmas time. Since we are AMX members we got notice of it too. They did this for many different things. I wanted to win the new SUV for $5k... but no luck.

I have been looking at getting a new diamond myself recently, but there's just no way I could afford to buy this one from you. It would have to be a really, really, really, good deal to be in my budget!

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old Hte2w8

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 75
Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future Hte2w8 has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 01-18-06 , 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamLady
Yes, I remember reading about this around Christmas time. Since we are AMX members we got notice of it too. They did this for many different things. I wanted to win the new SUV for $5k... but no luck.

I have been looking at getting a new diamond myself recently, but there's just no way I could afford to buy this one from you. It would have to be a really, really, really, good deal to be in my budget!

LOL...I asked for YELLOW Hummer...for $5000 too!

I wish I would have wished for a diamond like this....sigh....next year.

Old heyta

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 01-18-06 , 03:04 PM

Basically, you had to click on a button at a certain time. When I did that the ring popped up. It gave me the option to buy it for $2500. I knew my girlfriend wouldn't want it, but how could I pass it up?

It is a square emerald cut (asscher). My wedding won't be that expensive either If I can get 25,000 out of this ring I will be ecstatic. The retail price from Daniel K is 40k+.

I do have a picture, but it is not a great one...

Attached Images
ringview2.jpg

Old DiamLady

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 01-18-06 , 03:27 PM

I say again... you LUCKY dog! If you wanted to sell it for what you paid, I'd be all over it in a millisecond! lol But I realize that's not your intent.

I would say that trying to sell it here, or even on ebay, or to a jeweler would be your best bet. The problem is that it's a significant amount of money and most people don't just throw that amount around. So you'll have to find someone who really wants that specific style AND can afford it. You might have it in your posession for quite some time before the "right" buyer comes along.

At least you have the GIA report to go with it. That will go a long way with a jeweler or individual who may wish to buy it from you.

Can you tell if the diamond is inscribed with the GIA number?

I wish you luck with your sale.

DiamLady signature
~*~*~Rhonda~*~*~
Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 383
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 01-18-06 , 03:29 PM

Oh Wow...thanks such a great win!!!!!! Hope you get what you want out of it! I am still amazed that your girlfriend could not change her mind about her feelings towards diamonds! I think if she searched through some of these threads concerning "conflict" diamonds, she may reconsider(or maybe not). I would hate to have such a glorious ring get away!!! ~Ronda

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 86
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 01-18-06 , 04:54 PM

heyta....You're driving all us jewelry freaks CRAZY by wanting to sell that ring!!!

Hee hee...would you all believe this is the SECOND 2ct Daniel K asscher won from Amex that I've heard about lately??? Webgal, maybe you should rethink your credit card policy!

heyta...IF YOU MUST... ..... maybe you should find out what's the most you can get for it on consignment, and then try to sell it on Ebay with that amount as the reserve?

Good luck...and let us know what you do.

widget

PS: I'm willing to be money that SOMEDAY or SOME YEAR your girlfriend is going to change her mind about diamonds, and dream about the "one that got away"!

Old sparkleluv

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 64
sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all sparkleluv is a name known to all

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 01-18-06 , 05:23 PM

Dear Heyta,

Congratulations, what a windfall! Even if you only get a fraction of the retail price for it, it is still a gift. I wish you the best selling it - if you decide to sell it online, let us all know so we can all dream, won't you? (We all do love to dream!)

As to the future Mrs. Heyta, I understand where she is coming from. I'm certain that she will be happy with whatever ring you do choose for her. I wish you both a very happy future!

Old RubyMu

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Karma
Power: 155
RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute RubyMu has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=10, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 01-24-06 , 01:17 AM

Hi Heyta,

I was never a fan of diamonds before either - so I totally understand about your girl's dislike of them. There are ethical issues with diamonds that I feel funny about too - but I think lots of gems (not the created ones, obviously) have similar ethical issues.

You could try an Australian Diamond from the argyle mine or one of those Canada Diamonds - at least you know that they have been mined peacefully. But the environmental devastation that accompanies open cut mining is pretty horrific though..... Ok, I am just rambling now, I will stop.

But lucky you! Congratulations! Good luck with your sale.

Old briolette

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Anklet

My Karma
Power: 128
briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute briolette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 01-25-06 , 04:59 PM

What about just keeping it in the family as a future heirloom? I know this is projecting WAAAAY in the future, but it might be handy to have such a nice Ascher in the family. Even better that this has a GIA report and interesting story with it.

One of my cousins used one of my grandmother's diamond rings as an e-ring and put the money he intended for a ring towards a house. His wife often says she treasures this ring because it belonged to the family.

Old tskelton

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
tskelton is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 01-25-06 , 07:44 PM

Dear Heyta,
I am new and have recently viewed your ring for sale. I have been searching for a while now for the perfect ring for my girlfriend whom I hope to purpose to before I move. If you are still interested in selling your ring could you please provide your preferred means of contact or possibly contact me. Thanks, TSkelton

Old heyta

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 01-27-06 , 01:48 PM

it would be useful to have your contact information This is not a forum for buying and selling, but if you'd like to contact me, email me at heyta2@gmail.com

Old Ariel

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Earrings

My Karma
Ariel is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 01-30-06 , 01:06 AM

Heyta,

How cool is that! my favorite cut too. Well found some stones that may match the quality of yours. This is what you could probably get if you were lucky. Definitely worth these prices. Just trying to be practical. Some day I will purchase a 2 carat or larger asscher - maybe a "Royal" one at that.

Price Report Dpth Tbl Girdle Cul Pol Sym Flr Measurements Cut Grade Comp
#9271086 Asscher 2.13 VS1 G $19,145 $18,679 GIA 69.7 61 TN-M N VG VG N 7.15*7.13*4.97

#8986826 Asscher 2.03 VS1 F $19,015 $18,552 GIA 67.9 63 TK- N X G N 6.97x6.97x4.73

#8427351 Asscher 2.02 VS2 G $18,783 $18,325 GIA 67.4 60 TK- NONE EX VG NONE 6.95x6.93x4.67

#9271083 Asscher 2.04 VS2 F $18,743 $18,286 GIA 71.7 71 M N VG EX N 6.87*6.69*4.80

#9271079 Asscher 2.00 VS2 G $17,933 $17,496 GIA 69.1 68 TN- N VG G F 7.14*7.12*4.92

#4156811 Asscher 2.02 VS1 G $15,541 $15,162 GIA 70.3 65 MD-TK NONE EX GD MB 7.12x6.74x4.74

As you can see these prices range from $15k - $18K for the same size diamond.

Wow, so sorry I don't have the funds to buy your ring. Love the setting too.

Micro pave - very in now.

Good luck,

Ariel

Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic New Member Greeting by contrere
Up a Topic Gorgeous 1 75 Ct Diamonds Set in Classic 14ct White Gold posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by edcnavarre
Older:
Down a Topic New Member Looking for Diamond PLEASE HELP by Janellen
Down a Topic New Member Looking for Diamond PLEASE HELP posted in Greet New Members by Janellen