Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old andreayung23

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 56
andreayung23 is on a distinguished road

GIA's Laser Inscriptions
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-13-05 , 02:03 AM

Hi Everyone,

I've done a search here for all threads on inscriptions and while I've learned quite a bit, I still have a couple questions.

I recently purchased a diamond that came with a GIA report. The report had no mention of a laser inscription unlike my other diamond that also has a GIA GTL report which says "Laser Inscription Registry ##blah##"

After reading some posts, I found out that not all GIA graded diamonds have the report number laser inscribed. I discovered that this was the case for my stone. As a consumer, I really find I need the peace of mind that comes along with the inscription, especially on such a big ticket item. I know for a fact my stone matches the report because the inclusions match the plot on the GIA report, and all the other characterisics are the same as well. That said, I still would like the GIA report number and the logo to be inscribed. On another thread, there was a link to GIA's GTL newsroom, and they mentioned older diamonds with no laser inscription can be resubmitted for an inscription and the cost is low, with a fast turn around to boot.

My question(s) are:

1. If I send back the stone to GIA to have it inscribed will I also need to have a new report issued that states there is a laser inscription on it?

2. They say cost is "low" and that turn around time is "short" but really, what is the cost and time involved.

3. Is it possible to send the stone already set, or does it have to be loose?

4. Lastly, if I want to go ahead with this, where do I start? Can consumers submit stones, or does it have to go through a member of the trade? Can a DT vendor here help me with this?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Andrea

andreayung23 signature
Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart -Confucious
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Old European Cuts by C2005
Up a Topic Old European Cuts posted in DIAMONDS by C2005
Older:
Down a Topic gia cut grade by westerncapediam