Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Jan

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 252
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=15833, In=5625
Referrals: 24

Our condolences to Todd of Nice Ice
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-13-05 , 02:54 PM

We only found out today, as we hadn't heard or seen anything anywhere about Todd's loss of his beautiful wife Robin. Apparently she passed away June 1st. I know that his internet friends would rally around him, had they known what had happened. We are very saddened by the news, and although we never met Todd and Robin in person, we did have a few laughs with them via e-mail and on the phone occasionally. We wish Todd all the best and he will be in our prayers. He has suffered tremendous losses in the last year and a half. Here is an e-mail that he wrote to someone else and I will share it here so others that might have known them can know. I'm sorry we didn't know anything any sooner as the funeral is over about a week ago. Todd will be in our prayers and we hope that God will bring him comfort.

Robin R. Gray

April 14, 1954 to June 1, 2005

Robin has missed her daughter Niki terribly since Niki passed away on February 1, 2005 due to a long term terminal illness which both she and Robin fought valiantly since Niki was diagnosed when she was five years old. The tragedy of Niki’s death was apparently impossible for Robin to overcome and she tragically ended her life while I was at work during the afternoon of Wednesday, June 1st exactly fifteen months to the day from Niki’s death. There are a lot of ways that I can think of to try and rationalize Robin’s actions, but the most accurate assessment is really that she and Niki were lifelong best friends and it is apparent that the pain of Niki’s passing was outweighed by the pain that Robin felt over the loss of her friends and family who remained by her side… This is not to say that she did not cherish every one of us, but rather that the pain of Niki’s passing was simply more powerful and death became a viable solution, even if only for a moment, for ending that pain once and forever.

Funeral Services will be held for Robin on Tuesday, June 7th at four o’clock in the afternoon at the 100F Historic Cemetery located on Douglas Street in Roseburg. All are welcome, but few are expected as most of you reside far from our home… A quiet moment of reflection and remembrance of a special moment that you may have shared with Robin will be appreciated. Flowers and such are not necessary, if you feel that you must do something then make a donation to something appropriate like Suicide Prevention or the charity of your choice.

Those of you who knew Robin well know that she loved life. She was also an extremely generous and unselfish person. Rarely serious… Always playful… Beautiful and young at heart… Most of us who were really close to her knew that she mourned Niki deeply, but even I did not realize the depths of her depression because she was so good at hiding her emotions. Many of the people I have spoken with are angry and that is a viable emotion. Many are sad which is also appropriate. Many feel that this was an extremely selfish act and I agree. However I remind everybody that this was the action of a person who was clearly suffering an agony which few of us can imagine or relate to, the death of a child who was also a life long best friend… The relationship that Robin and Niki shared ran far deeper than the traditional role of mother and daughter. I know that it must have been terribly difficult for Robin to end her life amidst all of the plans that we had been making and for as much as she cared for me. To that regard, I ask that you try to recognize her actions as an act of desperation to end a very deep pain and not as an act of selfishness because the person who did this is not the same Robin who we all knew and loved.

For those of you who are more than a little shaken or would like to understand more about what might cause a person to end their life or how to cope with the feelings that arise from being a survivor of suicide, download this document off of our web site www.niceice.com/SOS_handbook.pdf it is written by a man who lost his wife to suicide and it provides some interesting insight. If nothing else, it validated a lot of the feelings that I’m having right now…

For those of us who conduct business together, all I ask from you is patience while I try and work through the process of moving the company assets over from Robin as sole proprietor to myself. Anything that needs to be addressed between us will be worked out in the weeks to come, but first I’m going to take a week or so just to gather my thoughts and wrap my mind around this. Contact Dusty at our office in my absence or call my cell phone.

Warmest Regards,

Todd

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old yogimel

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: My game-face
Visit my blog :

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 127
yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute yogimel has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=0, In=3

Re: Our condolences to Todd of Nice Ice
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-13-05 , 03:38 PM

I don't know what to say from shock. I am reeling. If Todd is reading this, please accept my sorrow and sympathy for your unspeakable loss. God Bless you.

yogimel signature
1. NO MARVELING AT NATURE
2. NO UNSUPERVISED READING

www.SimsTalk.com

~Remembering Mercier~
Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 458
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=119, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-13-05 , 04:38 PM

Dearest Todd,
May you find peace, comfort, and understanding in the days ahead. Although I didn't know either of you, please know there are many people praying for you...May God be with you...

irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 252
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=15833, In=5625
Referrals: 24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-13-05 , 04:48 PM

Here is some more info about Robin, some that I didn't know.

Robin R. Gray
Gray, Robin R. — Passed away on Wednesday, June 1, 2005. Robin was born to Fred and Georgiana Puliafico in Ventura, California, on April 14, 1954. Robin graduated from Ventura High School and mastered seven musical instruments as well as enjoying an extensive career in modeling during her youth and college years. Robin continued her education by attending both the University of California Santa Barbara and Laverne University at the same time where she earned degrees in Psychology, Sociology and Business Administration simultaneously. Robin’s entrepreneurial spirit led her into the jewelry industry where she thrived as a diamond broker who was well known and respected within a trade that is traditionally male dominated. Robin opened Treasures by R.J. Diamond Brokers in 1979 and expanded on to the internet as NiceIce.com in 1997. She moved her family and business to Roseburg in October of 2000. Robin became friends with Todd Gray in 1985 and was united in marriage to him on February 14, 1993, in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. Prior to moving to Roseburg they made their home in Fair Oaks, California. Robin loved life and loved to laugh with people, she had a gift for bringing the best out in people and tended to make friends wherever she went. Robin balanced grace, beauty, intelligence and eloquence perfectly with a down to earth open friendliness which made her easy to approach and talk with. Robin was preceded in death by her only child, Niki Jimenez who passed away February 1, 2004 of an extensive terminal illness. Her depth in grief was a testament to her ability to love deeply. She leaves behind her husband and best friend of twenty years, Todd Gray of Roseburg; her parents, Georgiana and Fred Puliafico of Roseburg; three step-children, Corey Gray of Roseburg; Devin and Haley Gray of Massachusetts; and her brother, Terry Dorman of Colorado. She is also survived by brother-in-law, Matt Gray and his wife, Dana; her sister-in-law, Julie DeVere and her husband, Jeremy; her sister-in-law, Laura Bly; and her mother-in-law, Trudi Tuban. Services will be held on Tuesday, June 7, 2005, at 4 p.m., at the I.O.O.F. Cemetery in Roseburg. Officiating will be Pastor Randy Webb. Arrangements are under the direction of Taylor's Family Chapel

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Old Jasmin

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+10  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 82
Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-14-05 , 01:20 AM

My condolences to you and your family, God Bless.

Jasmin signature
......................... ........................ Ice Ice Baby.....
Old PattyC

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 45
PattyC is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-14-05 , 06:16 PM

Such a sad sad thing to read. Poor Robin and poor Todd.

My condolences to her family.

Old Feydakin

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 39
Feydakin is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=558, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-14-05 , 06:30 PM

I am so sorry for your loss Todd.. I hope that you and the rest of your family find the strength to remember the best in life..

Feydakin signature
- Steve
- Bench Jeweler, Designer, and all around strange guy
Old barry

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 153
barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=30925, In=3585
Referrals: 26

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-14-05 , 10:12 PM

Todd;

On behalf of Judah and myself, our sincere condolences on your loss. May you gather the strength to continue and take the best of your lives together.

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 181
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 06-16-05 , 02:02 PM

My sincerest sympathies to you and your family in this time of great loss.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old Horizon

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 68
Horizon is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-16-05 , 02:48 PM

Todd, I am so sorry for your losses; you will be in my prayers.

Having lost my only sister to a gunshot wound; I empathize with the sorrow that your wife and you suffered after the loss of your daughter.

It's impossible to believe at the time of a loss, but time does begin to heal the wounds.

I hope you find peace.

Old JadedGem

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
JadedGem is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 06-16-05 , 04:23 PM

My condolences and prayers go out to you and your families. I know your heart is probably torn from such losses of both wife and daughter in such a short period of time. May God shine upon you and give you the courage to weather through these rough and rainy times. Your words were very well written and it has left me for a loss of words. God Bless you and your families.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic aaschers by cardone01
Up a Topic aaschers posted in DIAMONDS by cardone01
Older:
Down a Topic Which labs are the best by Roland2003
Down a Topic Which labs are the best posted in DIAMONDS by Roland2003