Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Romana

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
Romana is on a distinguished road

Is IGI cert really that bad? Please help!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-01-05 , 05:48 AM

Hello everyone,
I am very new here, have been reading this fabulous forum for a few months now (had a gorgeous baby girl 3 months ago) and am looking for a diamond as a present from my husband to me :-).

Must admit I found a diamond on eBay 1.05ct pear, E, SI 2 eye clean with a IGI cert for $2484 from what looks like a reputable seller (good feedback), but since reading this forum I have my doubts, especially when it comes to the IGI cert.
The same seller is also offering me 2 matching pears (side stones) .71TW, F, SI1-2 for a total of $710.

Will welcome any opinions PLEASE and advice.
If any of the sellers here could offer me something simmilar (eye clean in the colourless or white range) will be very grateful, or perhaps you could direct me to a place where I could find something like that. Must add that I have to purchase online as at the moment we are in Poland.

Many thanks.
Romana

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Romana

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
Romana is on a distinguished road

Re: Is IGI cert really that bad? Please help!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-01-05 , 06:55 AM

Ups!
Sorry, it looks like I posted in a wrong forum.

Old fingerprint

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Personalized with fingerprints

My Karma
Power: 0
fingerprint is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-01-05 , 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romana
Hello everyone,
I am very new here, have been reading this fabulous forum for a few months now (had a gorgeous baby girl 3 months ago) and am looking for a diamond as a present from my husband to me :-).

Must admit I found a diamond on eBay 1.05ct pear, E, SI 2 eye clean with a IGI cert for $2484 from what looks like a reputable seller (good feedback), but since reading this forum I have my doubts, especially when it comes to the IGI cert.
The same seller is also offering me 2 matching pears (side stones) .71TW, F, SI1-2 for a total of $710.

Will welcome any opinions PLEASE and advice.
If any of the sellers here could offer me something simmilar (eye clean in the colourless or white range) will be very grateful, or perhaps you could direct me to a place where I could find something like that. Must add that I have to purchase online as at the moment we are in Poland.

Many thanks.
Romana

GIA and EGL are more reputable and widely accepted cert.
Although you did not specify all stone's qualities such as symmetry polish and others- they affect value as well as brilliancy - frankly the asking price does sounds a little too good.

fingerprint signature
Architect and designer.
Recently inspired and designed gifts and jewelry uniquely personalized by our own fingerprints - naturally…
Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 274
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=16886, In=5948
Referrals: 24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-01-05 , 11:45 AM

The last IGI lab report I saw had an *estimated* weight, an *estimated* color, and *estimated* clarity, *estimated*measurements. Not to much was really known about the diamond because they graded it mounted. I would stick with a stone with a GIA or AGS lab report.

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 480
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=254, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-01-05 , 12:16 PM

Ramona,
Sellers on eBay, who offer diamonds, have to be viewed with great caution. Yes there are some reputable ones obviously (DBL ), but if you've been reading this forum for any length of time, you've come to realize that "too good to be true" means you'll regret buying whatever you think is such a great deal.
If you'd like a new diamond let us know what you're looking for and maybe we can help you find it...
And welcome btw!!

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Read Messages in: Greet New Members All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic My ever love for carbon diamonds by Eid
Up a Topic Emerald and Diamond Ring Appraisal Guess posted in Appraisal & Insurance by ctray1
Older:
Down a Topic New and In need of HELP by clifford
Down a Topic A Valentine s Day I ll never forget posted in DIAMONDS by DandiAndi