Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old YourGemologist

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 79
YourGemologist is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=4920, In=1746
Referrals: 13

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 01-14-05 , 05:45 PM

Well, I'm back in EBAY jail. Seems I picked on a couple of Power Sellers today about some rather obvious deceptive trade practices.

What pushed eBay over the edge was my quoting one seller when she said:

"..my competition was doing it....so I thought, why not?"

My response was that this was no reason to participate in a deceptive trade practice.

Seems that you still cannot pick on a Power Seller, even if they are ripping people off.

YG (from behind the Ebay jail door)

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 167
assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 01-14-05 , 06:24 PM

can we bake a file in a cake for you?

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Old YourGemologist

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 01-14-05 , 09:24 PM

Sorry for the delay, I am only allowed so many visitors you know.

This particular seller was listing green CZ as an emerald...and listing the auction in the Emerald section.

I got about 10 warnings from EBAY after they put me in jail.

And I hate these orange coveralls. I have to be careful not to sashay around too much here. There is a Power Seller in here calling me Sally.

YG (from behind the eBay walls!)

Old Brad

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 259
Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute Brad has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=8722, In=2
Referrals: 2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 01-14-05 , 10:08 PM

There was someone else on there selling CZ`S as cultured diamonds ???

Brad signature
DBOF.com

We sell diamonds not paper
Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute assoverteacups has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 01-14-05 , 10:38 PM

i always do a search on ebay for "diamond estate jewelry" and i have been disgusted by how much newly manufatured cheap plated cz jewelry gets called "estate jewelry" it is hard to shovel through the to find any authentic used fine jewelry. it can be done though, here are two i got on ebay through reputable dealers, on was mednikow and the other lippincott. got them for a song, and quite lovely ha?

there are nice things to be found, you just have to be really careful.

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Attached Images
ring.jpg

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

next pic
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 01-14-05 , 10:40 PM

next pic

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Attached Images
ebayrings.jpg

Old YourGemologist

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 01-15-05 , 02:26 PM

Geez AOTeaCups,

You've even got beautiful hands. You really are the complete package!

Oh... ...and the rings are nice too.

YG

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 01-15-05 , 03:41 PM

YG: i think you have been in jail too long, you are starting to halucinate

anyhoo...

ebay is best summed up in two words.... buyer beware

i have made it my position to never bid beyond what I could afford to loose. of course i am frugal (cheap, according to my husband) so i will probably avoid any horror stories myself.

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Old storm024

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
Power: 60
storm024 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 01-16-05 , 04:43 AM

Can you tell us who these Power Sellers were?

Old gunsuka

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 69
gunsuka is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=1235, In=224

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 01-16-05 , 05:00 AM

I'm interested in knowing what exactly you did that got you tossed in the slammer?

Reporting some bad behaviour of others should not get you slammed... you must have been pushing some major buttons.

gunsuka signature
Robert Gunther
The Carat King
http://www.caratking.com
GIA Diamond Graduate
Old denverappraiser

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 68
denverappraiser is a name known to all denverappraiser is a name known to all denverappraiser is a name known to all denverappraiser is a name known to all denverappraiser is a name known to all denverappraiser is a name known to all
Hits: Out=1122, In=28

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 01-16-05 , 12:57 PM

Robert (aka Sally),

I presume that this all means that you are forbidden to sell your products through ebay and are banned from participation in their discussions. By your choice of the term ‘back in ebay jail’, I further presume that you’ve been in this situation before and that your previous sentence was commuted. Do you have to promise to only say nice things in your ads in order to be permitted to sell on ebay? Incredible.

I too am curious what you did to offend them and what actions they’ve taken to reprimand you. It your exile permanent or is more like a hockey penalty where you have to spend 2 minutes in the box for fighting?

Old adove2000

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
adove2000 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=2479, In=266

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 02-11-05 , 09:42 AM

Oh No !!! FeeBay put you in jail ?!
They can't do that!... How will they take all your money?

Old tinatark

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
tinatark is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=4

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 02-11-05 , 10:59 AM

I made a powerseller mad by putting in my positive feedback comments - "not the best shipping policy, but satisfied with transaction" - got a rather long email from her explaining why she only ships 1x per week.... hope they don't put me in there with you!

tinatark signature
Worry is most often a prideful way of thinking that you have more control over life and it's circumstances than you actually do.

~June Hunt
Old davidt

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 80
davidt is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 02-18-05 , 07:17 PM

test

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Great big YG lion ring.

My Karma
Power: 90
Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future
Hits: Out=616, In=0

Re: Back in EBAY Jail!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 04-03-07 , 01:02 AM

YourGemologist -- who was the seller selling green CZ as emerald? I'm curious to look through their auctions.

thanks,
Ryan Thompson
The World of Famous Diamonds
http://famousdiamonds.tripod.com

Old Platinumsmith

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: a cheeky grin

My Karma
Power: 72
Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of Platinumsmith has much to be proud of
Hits: Out=476, In=0
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 04-03-07 , 04:42 AM

It was two years ago Ryan

Old Ragemanchoo

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Great big YG lion ring.

My Karma
Power: 90
Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future Ragemanchoo has a brilliant future
Hits: Out=616, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 04-03-07 , 07:05 AM

Just saw that at the top. I feel silly now. There's a good sporting chance the seller is still on the site, doing their thing, though

Last edited by Ragemanchoo : 04-03-07 at 07:05 AM.
Old shiney

My Profile

Years:
Last seen wearing: OEC

My Karma
shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 04-03-07 , 08:29 AM

Assoverteacups,
Do you still have these rings? I really love the design of the one on the right. Are those aquamarines on the side? The design reminds me of that french style wedding ring that does the spiral inward. I just love vintage, estate, antique jewelry!

By the way, what are your favorite kind of teacups? Do you have a collection? Any Nori-take? I just sold some of my fire king peach lustre ware teacups on ebay.
Shiney

Old shiney

My Profile

Years:

My Karma
shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of shiney has much to be proud of

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 04-03-07 , 08:31 AM

Oh and your fingernails are fantastic. I wish mine would grow beyond stubs!!

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 04-03-07 , 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiney
Assoverteacups,
Do you still have these rings? I really love the design of the one on the right. Are those aquamarines on the side? The design reminds me of that french style wedding ring that does the spiral inward. I just love vintage, estate, antique jewelry!

By the way, what are your favorite kind of teacups? Do you have a collection? Any Nori-take? I just sold some of my fire king peach lustre ware teacups on ebay.
Shiney

the two greenish stones are alexandrites, but the color change is not drastic, they go from grass green to pale violet. i do still have all those rings, but the one with the alex stones has no center anymore (i made another ing from the center) i am debating on what to put in the place of the diamond, any suggestions what goes with green/violet? i have meant to ask michael-e if he has any suggestuons but have had an eventful winter and not alot of time.

yes the fingernails are real, i have always had them so i dont think to much about it. thanks! they look a bit ragged right now, i have been dunking them in a lot of chemicals lately, spring cleaning, painting staining, etc.

nope i dont collect teacups, just like the expression....

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Old shiney

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 04-03-07 , 05:29 PM

I think an anastasia topaz would look nice in that setting (its reddish-orangish-pinkish). It would add warmth to a ring full of cool colors. I would love to see pics of the new ring you made from the center.

I think about getting manicures, but its so pointless when your hands are soaked with odorless mineral spirits everyday! I had a friend once who had nails like yours. You don't actually see many people with nails that strong!

I guess I had never heard that saying! What does it mean?

Shiney

Old shiney

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 04-03-07 , 05:35 PM

the reddish one is the anastasia

yellow sapphire would also look very nice and royal with the violet/green alexes.

Michael E probably has some excellent suggestions.

Attached Images
069249.jpg 066560.jpg

Old Gemelli

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Grandpa's Ring

My Collection
Items Listed: 2

My Karma
Power: 113
Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute Gemelli has a reputation beyond repute
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 04-03-07 , 05:47 PM

Quote:

I've heard it as 'ass over teakettle'; I think the meaning is similar to 'head over heels', i.e. taking a tumble....

Since I mountain bike, I think the closest for me is 'going over the handlebars'.

Old shiney

My Profile

Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 04-03-07 , 05:50 PM

Gemelli,

Your cane is Rad!

Shiney

Old assoverteacups

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 04-03-07 , 08:11 PM

Quote:
I think an anastasia topaz would look nice in that setting (its reddish-orangish-pinkish). It would add warmth to a ring full of cool colors. I would love to see pics of the new ring you made from the center.

I think about getting manicures, but its so pointless when your hands are soaked with odorless mineral spirits everyday! I had a friend once who had nails like yours. You don't actually see many people with nails that strong!

Shiney

the original term i knew of was "ass over tin cups" and ass over tea cups was another version, it means like gemelli said, head over heels, my father uses that expression and it reminds me of him, he is now nearly 80.

i was thiking of ruby for the center , hmmm. i wonder. ill take a pic of the empty setting and we can all photoshop a stone in ha?

assoverteacups signature
*this space for rent*
Read Messages in: Auctions All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Cartier Trinity Ring on ebay by Misslpc1
Up a Topic Hello fellow gemstone lovers posted in Greet New Members by gemmangary
Older:
Down a Topic Fooled on Ebay by Stuart Durrer Seller 011101101 Let s hope not by smilealldaylong
Down a Topic VVS1 F 77ct Princess Diamond engagement ring Platinum setting blue sapphires posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by acehamburger