Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old widget

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 85
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-13-04 , 10:54 AM

Hi..
I'm going to be in FL over the holidays (Ft. Lauderdale), and plan on spending a lot of my spare time looking for eye candy...any suggestions?

Didiamond has already tipped me off about the Seybold Bldg in Miami...any other ideas? What about Boca Raton?

Particularly interested in estate/antique jewelry.

Thanks for any ideas!
Widget

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old MIAB

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
MIAB is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-13-04 , 11:37 AM

Widget,
I am in Ft. Lauderdale, but I have to tell you I have been out of the loop a bit when it comes to jewels and shopping due to my three tiny babies. I know some beautiful jewelers, but not so much antique/estate items.
Where about are you staying? (Boca mainly) When? Christmas holiday?
I will watch the paper and see if there are any big estate type sales at the convention center downtown or if I see anything interesting in the paper. I will ask around too about stores and see what I can find as well. I will do my best for you, but I can't promise much.
If you do go to the Seybold Building plan on staying for hours. There is much to see and I am sure you will see estate pieces galore. There is so much gold, diamonds, platinum, watches...it is mind boggling! Also, be careful of your purse down there...there is a lot of security...trust me, but once you walk out of the building it is not the best. Do valet!!! Don't act like a tourist. Hee hee...if you know what I mean.

I will keep my eye open for you.

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-13-04 , 11:47 AM

Miab....Thanks so much!!

The Seybold building sounds incredible...I can't wait. (And thanks for the tip on using valet. )

I'll be there (Ft Lauderdale) from the 18th through the 28th of December.

widget

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-13-04 , 12:11 PM

I have often visited the Diamond Exchange International jewelers on Glades Rd in Boca Raton!!!!!!!! You will love that too! It is one floor and open enough that all the jewelers have "booths" ready to compete for your business!!! I could not tell you exactly whom to go to...but as one who loves jewelry, you know what to pay for something and the "art" of making a deal and whether you are getting "ripped" off. It has been awhile since I have been there as I only walk out feeling a little depressed because my wallet can't handle indulging myself!!!! Let me know if you make the visit. I would like to know what you think!~Ronda

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-13-04 , 12:23 PM

Ronda..the last time I was in Florida, I found the Diamond Exchange...after considerable effort, I might add ...and it was CLOSED for the month of July!!!!

It's definitely on my "To Do List" for this visit!

widget

Old MIAB

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
MIAB is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-13-04 , 02:39 PM

What is the Diamond Exchange? Is it a jewelry exchange? Like many small jewelers in one location? We have many of those here...just wondered. That name does not ring a bell.

OOPS...I only read your single post...and not the others. I do know the place. If you come from an area that does not have these exchanges then I say go...but I am not a big lover of exchanges here myself. I get a bad vibe from them. I don't find the quality of pieces I like for the most part. You have to really ask them to find what you want and even then I am a bit skeptical. To look it is ok, but to buy they are not for me.

I have found in the past some of our largest pawn shops can get some really nice older pieces. So many people sell their grandparents jewels for so cheap. They are not huge, big ticket pieces...just real nice old pieces that you can really appreciate. I remember communicationg with you widget about your pieces and that is why I mentioned this.

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-13-04 , 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by widget
Ronda..the last time I was in Florida, I found the Diamond Exchange...after considerable effort, I might add ...and it was CLOSED for the month of July!!!!

It's definitely on my "To Do List" for this visit!

widget
I can believe that...unreal. How do people make money if they are closed for a whole month????? I guess maybe we ARE paying too much for our jewels! It should be open...but I would call first. One thing I remember is they were always closed on Sundays and Mondays too! Also, my mother informed me that they are nuts around Christmas time...but what jeweler isn't??? ~Ronda

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 10-13-04 , 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luvnjewelry
How do people make money if they are closed for a whole month?????

I don't know if it's a jeweler thing, or a winter resort thing. Lots of merchants in the Palm Springs area close up and beat it out of town mid-summer...

Old irish

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 479
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=247, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 10-13-04 , 04:58 PM

Widget,
It's because the manufacturers shut down for July after shipping their orders for the Christmas season I think...Since the jewelers can't connect with the factories to order anything they shut down too....

This of course makes consumers completely NUTZ and they seek professional help from the Head Shrinkers (psychiatrists) who then all go on vacation in August...

It's the cycle of life!!!

Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old Jan

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (49)
Feedback In: 
+29  0
Feedback Out:
+48  0

My Karma
Power: 273
Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute Jan has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=16867, In=5946
Referrals: 24

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 10-16-04 , 12:16 PM

If you have time and a rental car, you can always come on up to our store. We are about a 3 hour drive north of Ft. Lauderdale. We would be happy to meet you.

Jan signature
For those that want to know the TRUTH about diamonds, just ask

Diamond Brokers of Florida
Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 10-16-04 , 12:51 PM

Thanks, Jan!

I surely will stop by if I get that far north!

widget

Old LarryB

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
LarryB is on a distinguished road

Re: Eye Candy in So. Florida??
Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 04-30-06 , 09:49 PM

Just wanted you to know that I own International Jewelers Exchange in Boca/Aventura and now Boynton, and we are not just another one of those Jewelry Exchange places that are seemingly popping up all over, but my Dad was the originator of 47th street and we are proud to be in South Florida for over 25 year. Antique and Estate Jewelry to the up-to the minute designers are available here and the prices are great. Each store has over 50 sepearte booths, and theres no funny stuff here! Our repuatation is A Plus all the way. AND yes - we close the first 2 weeks of July, like the rest of the industry and also on Sunday and Mondays - (its Florida and the Jewelrs, not unlike the Doctors down here enjoy Golf and Tennis too!!!

Hope you visit one of our stores next trip!!!

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Re: Eye Candy in So. Florida??
Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 05-01-06 , 10:19 AM

Hi LarryB! I am glad you posted! I LOOOOVE that place! I am definately like a kid in a candystore. I have purchased from several vendors there. My last purchase was a sapphire diamond platinum tennis bracelet from Zo Diamonds Inc. Anything that anyone is looking for, this is a great place to come and they do have great prices!!!! YUM!~Ronda

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 05-01-06 , 10:51 AM

Add my greetings to Ronda's, Larry! Welcome!

Since I started this thread, I've been back to So Florida numerous times...I have a son who lives in Ft Lauderdale.

The International Jewelry Exchange is everything you both say. It's my favorite favorite place to visit, hangout, drool, etc etc.

I bought a fabulous '20s deco bracelet from one the the vendors there, which probably would have cost TWICE as much in California. Another vendor has a watch of mine on consignment.

I did finally manage to get to the Seybold Bldg. Nice place to visit, but once is enough for me.

widget

Old LarryB

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
LarryB is on a distinguished road

Glad you enjoyed our candy store !!!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 05-01-06 , 11:11 AM

Its nice to know that you are a believer....the funny thing is that so many (non-believers) just don't get the fact, that dealing with real Jewelers in a market setting like International Jewelers Exchange can offer you such a better chance at a bargain. Unlike alot of "other" exchanges that are simply a group of retailers subletting from a landlord, we are really inovators of the concept, as my Dad started it in 1945 on 47th street (first one opened) and his legacy has always been, rent to the best tenants and let the free market dictate the prices. We have items from $100 to 1 Million dollars there. Zo Diamonds also wholesales to many of Boca's top "East Side Boca Stores"....so why not buy where they buy!

Thanks again for the post and enjoy your jewelry - PS Mothers Day is around the corner!
Larry

Read Messages in: FL All forums
Newer:
This is the first topic
Up a Topic 2 carat cushion feedback please posted in DIAMONDS by JMS
Older:
Down a Topic Q for those in Tampa FL area by ticomojo
Down a Topic Hello DT New Member here posted in Greet New Members by 1883atlantics