Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old didiamond

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
didiamond is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-05-04 , 03:39 PM

Finally, I got my rings. And I LOVE THEM! Each ring is 2.27 cttw with 24 diamonds @ 9 points each. I've been wearing one on each hand...and I might just need one for my toes!

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Attached Images
eternitybands.jpg

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-05-04 , 03:40 PM

Another shot...

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Attached Images
eternitybands2.jpg

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 10-05-04 , 03:41 PM

How does it look with my radiant?

BTW, I forgot to mention that they are E/F color and VS clarity.

I'm so excited!!! I've been dancing for days!! (I'm sorry, it doesn't take much to excite me.)

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Attached Images
weddingset.jpg

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:
Last seen wearing: Cushion cut ring in platinum

My Karma
Power: 382
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=98, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 10-05-04 , 04:22 PM

It looks awful with your radiant! ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????????? JUST GORGEOUS! MY EYES ARE BUGGING OUT OF MY HEAD!!!!!!!!!!!! I like them alot better than the first ones...they just fit so much better from what I can remember. Did you get to see the EC yet? I am assuming that you were at your jewelers today to pick up these beauties. ENJOY! O.K. ...I have to go back and look at them again! ~Ronda

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 10-05-04 , 04:49 PM

Thanks Ronda! I almost swirved off the road today while driving. They're so glittery!

No, I didn't go to the jeweler today. My DH picked these up last Friday (that's when he saw the EC) but I couldn't get pictures taken until today. I didn't want to post without the pics.

Now I'm thinking that I need to reset my RB into something that will match this eternity ring too. I don't want just a band with diamonds around but something with a little more umf! You know what I mean? In my other posts you can tell that I really like the Tacori style settings but will they look right together? Thinking....I'm always thinking!

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 86
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-05-04 , 05:09 PM

Congratulations, Diane! They're beautiful!

That band looks sensational with the radiant. Remind me about the other one with yellows...was it WWYWWY, OR WWWYWWWY...do you know what I mean?? And is it two-tone metal?

regardless....GORGEOUS!!

widget

Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 75
headlight is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 10-05-04 , 05:15 PM

Fabulous -- absolutely fabulous!

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 10-05-04 , 05:29 PM

widget..Thank you! I know it's hard to see the yellow diamonds in the picture but it's WWYWWYWWYWWY. I didn't go with the two-tone. For me, I thought it was still too much yellow gold. It does take away some of the color in the stones with the platinum though. I was worried about that but you really do see the yellow diamonds in person.

Thanks headlight!

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute luvnjewelry has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 10-05-04 , 05:31 PM

Diane.. I understand what you mean about posting...and not having pictures ready. We DTers get so impatient Have you tried on the bands with a Tacori setting? Oh I envy you and all these wonderful projects that you have going on. Your husband is an amazing man. Did you know that he was picking the bands up for you? If not, did he surprise you with them in a special way? I think it is neat that he is looking out for you and getting the specs on the EC. My husband is "so over" the jewelry thing! (mostly because we don't have the $$) Like I said, I will live vicariously through you and other DTers!! ~Ronda

Old headlight

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 75
headlight is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 10-05-04 , 05:41 PM

Diane -- I CAN see the yellow diamonds in your pics!

Old marriahlyn

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 80
marriahlyn is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 10-05-04 , 06:22 PM

awesome rings........enjoy!!

Old Amethyste

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 79
Amethyste is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 10-05-04 , 09:37 PM

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.. .. *thump*
GORGEOUS!

I bet this eternity band would look divine with your pear ring

Amethyste signature
-=Amethyste -
Apres la Pluie, le Soleil!
Old Loch

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Loch is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 10-06-04 , 03:31 PM

Absolutely gorgeous!

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 10-06-04 , 04:55 PM

Thank you everybody!

Ronda, no I haven't tried them on with any Tacori rings yet. I haven't even been in a jewelry store! My hubby surprised me by picking them up but then he came home very late that night. I think he did it on purpose! He's a keeper though. He's "over it"...I just don't let him for get "it"!

Amethyste, it does look good! I attached a pic.

MA, right now I wear them together ALL the time! I haven't tried the yellow and white one with the yellow radiant yet. It's in the safe and I haven't had the time to do it yet. I'll do it soon though!

Okay, I'm scurrying to the post office to send the radiant to Webgal! Gosh I hope it gets there!!

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Attached Images
peareternity.jpg

Old widget

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
Power: 86
widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold widget is a splendid one to behold
Referrals: 1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 10-06-04 , 05:02 PM

Diane!! Forget Webgal and the post office....scurry over to the jewelry store and check out that EC!!!!!

widget

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 10-06-04 , 05:10 PM

LOL Widget! I know! Trust me...I know! I still haven't found time with the fundraiser I'm working on. If I don't see it before I leave for LV than I plan on having a heart-to-heart with the diamond buyer at my jeweler's store. He's going to be in LV too and it'll give me a chance to pick his brain. Unfortunately, my time is running out and I might have to wait.

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 10-06-04 , 05:37 PM

I messed up the quote...here goes again. Double posted too! UUUUgh! ~Ronda

Old luvnjewelry

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 10-06-04 , 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by luvnjewelry
Okay, I'm scurrying to the post office to send the radiant to Webgal! Gosh I hope it gets there!!

What???? Oh hear is her address...Ronda Potter XX00 VEXXX Dr. BeXXX**** Oh 45XXX Hehee (wishful thinking)! BTW the pear will do just fine too. It looks great with the band! ~Ronda [/B][/QUOTE]

Old Jasmin

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+10  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 103
Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 10-06-04 , 06:22 PM

absolutely stunning! I bet they look great with everything you pair them with! I would love to see a closeup shot of the yellow and white diamond band...pretty please? Congrats!

Jasmin signature
......................... ........................ Ice Ice Baby.....
Old mtorres00

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
mtorres00 is on a distinguished road

holy sh*t
Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 10-19-04 , 12:16 AM

that radiant took my breath away!

Old Loch

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Loch is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 10-19-04 , 04:34 AM

mtorres00,
have you checked out the thread where Diane shares her sparklies in the photogallery? If not make sure your sitting down and strapped in!

Old didiamond

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 10-19-04 , 11:17 AM

I thought this thread died!

Sorry Jasmin, I'm working on those pics! I won't forget.

Thanks mtorres!

Loch, LOL! Thank you. You are too funny!

didiamond signature
~Diane~
Old mikesgirl13

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
Power: 59
mikesgirl13 is on a distinguished road

comfortable? and safe?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 07-27-05 , 08:57 PM

Hi Diane. Question for ya...

My boyfriend and I have been shopping for engagement rings and I have fallen in love with eternity bands. So I designed my own - a round center stone mounted on a shared prong eternity band with a matching wedding band.

Our jewelry has warned us that the stones on the inside of your hand tend to get loose and have a chance of falling out, which of course made my boyfriend freak out! Also, some people are telling me that it may be uncomfortable to wear. Do you find this to be true?

So now my boyfriend wants me to reconsider that style.

Is yours comfortable??

Old mikesgirl13

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
Power: 59
mikesgirl13 is on a distinguished road

comfortable...safe
Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 07-27-05 , 08:58 PM

whoops, i meant "Our jeweller...." lol

Old MIAB

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 64
MIAB is on a distinguished road

Re: My birthday eternity rings are here!
Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 07-27-05 , 10:47 PM

mikesgirl13...thought I would share some of my thoughts and experiences.

Eternity bands can be uncomfortable depending on the size of the stones in them. It also depends on your fingers too...For some reason I have gaps between my fingers at the base which gives more room for an eternity band. (it is based on the individual)

As for stones getting loose...yes, they can. I wouldn't freak out about it. It is just something you would want to have checked at least once or twice a year. (like maintenance) At the same time have it cleaned!

You also need to consider your lifestyle...will you wear them all the time, will you do all the cleaning in your home, all the cooking, washing, plan on having kids? Let me tell you all that takes a beating on your ring. I know that firsthand.

Have you considered the same style, but only going halfway around with the stones? It will save you money...possibly you could increase the stone size then or upgrade the quality of the stones, and then you will lessen the beatiing the ring will take. Give it some thought. You really can't tell that much that the stones don't travel the entire ring....you will know, but most people looking at it won't.

One final thought...my mom has this style ring...she never takes it off...she does everything...BUT, her stones do get loose and spin around while still in the prongs. I would say it takes five years before they show being loose. (she does not have her ring maintained regularly by the way)

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Some of my rings by diadiva
Up a Topic Beautiful Brilliant cut 2 0 carat Van Graff ring for sale posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by monsoon
Older:
Down a Topic What type of setting is this by Giada
Down a Topic A Diamond is Forever really Inquiry Project posted in DIAMONDS by maestudent