Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old LagunaMom

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
LagunaMom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-14-04 , 04:12 PM

At the Tucson Gem Show, I bought 3 small apatites that I'd like to be set into stud earrings and a necklace. I'm trying to do this the least expensive way possible. Each earring is about 4-4.5mm; the stone for the necklace is about a 5mm size. I'd like it to sit in a setting as part of a necklace in the middle of my neck. Where would be the best place to purchase these findings? Thanks.

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old Ginger7

My Profile
Years:
Visit my blog My Blog:  Xanga

My Karma
Power: 69
Ginger7 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=2984, In=43

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-14-04 , 04:26 PM

You can get snap-tite and sure-set settings in 14k at www.firemountaingems.com . I've never used them, so I can't vouch for them myself. I think that with the snap-tites you don't need any tools and with the sure-set you need pliers. Like I said, I've never used them, but I'd say they're definitely the least expensive option.

Here are some earrings:

http://www.firemountaingems.com/det...iewer=&catpage=

I don't think they have pendants, but I did find some 14k snap-tite pendants at another site:

http://64.186.192.29/great-gems/vie...s.asp?proID=480

Ginger7 signature
"But I told him I thought that any girl who was a lady would not even think of having such a good time that she did not remember to hang on to her jewelry" - Lorelei Lee
Old LagunaMom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 76
LagunaMom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-14-04 , 04:52 PM

Thanks.
I've come across findings at www.jewelrysupply.com. Anyone familiar with them?

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 170
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 03-15-04 , 12:57 AM

Good thread. I was thinking that I need to buy some 14K jump rings and lobster claw clasps because I always seem to find myself doing minor surgery on my jewelry, fumbling around with pliers, dropping things and making round jump rings into ovals with plier marks. I think I'm too clutzy to ever become a jeweler...it seemed that whenever I searched for findings on the Internet, I would always find 'wholesale only' sites. Thanks for the links.

Old Shopsalott

My Profile
Years:

My Classifieds
Jewelry: 2

My Karma
Power: 77
Shopsalott is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 03-15-04 , 12:19 PM

www.acntv.com

They have some decent settings. I personally don't like the snap-tite settings, too flimsy. But they do have some other, more sturdy settings which I like. Their descriptions arent that great, but you can see the difference in how thick the bail is. Most settings for smaller stones IE: 6mm or less are under $13/ea in 14k. Use 14k (shape) casting in the search field on their site.

Shopsalott signature
Old snowwhite1957

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
snowwhite1957 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=145, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 03-18-04 , 07:16 PM

Hi all- I'm the gal who knows Nothing much about gems/jewelry, yet has tons and tons to sell-(inheireted )- nobody would give me an answer for the few things I put on here-- kept saying, what do you think?, etc. Soo- I started 2 weeks ago putting it on eBay-- great response-- the last group of findings I put up went for 132.00 and I offered them on THIS site for 10.00 a box- only 30.00. Why so shy about stating a price everyone? I'd much rather go thru here than deal with eBay and Paypal's fees as a premier seller.
Well, now I put up three more groups, SS, 14K and GF-- all starting at 10.00-also the 18k bracelet I wanted to sell for 100.00 to 200. here-- for went MUCH higher. My point-- if I list here again-- where do you suggest?? and will anyone actually offer a price instead of what I think?-- I don't want to offend anyone and I really just don't know how much this stuff is worth (even thoguh a bit has been appraised) There's just too much, you'd have to understand-- I found Ivory stuff today I totally missed the first couple times--Thanks for your time-- I'm sorry if I sound like a brat-- I'm really not-- I was just so disappointed at how I was treated as a rookie 'round here. If anyone is interested in a boat load of stones (real)and every kind-- let me know-- I'm once again, overwhelemed-- for those findings, my auction name is snowwhite1957--- thanks all! Shirley

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 170
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 03-18-04 , 09:28 PM

You can post some pictures of your stash if you want. I remember your offer a few weeks ago. please don't think we're cold; it's just that many people here are cautious and don't tend to buy items from newcomers.

Old andreayung23

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 78
andreayung23 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 03-20-04 , 02:06 AM

ive found these finding sites to be pretty good:

findings house

aloni findings

new york findings