Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old kylz81

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
kylz81 is on a distinguished road

St patrick's day...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 03-11-04 , 05:46 AM

anyone had a wedding on st patrick's day (march 17).... did you have any irish things incorporated???

i'm trying to set a date, hoping to have march 17 2006, falls on a friday, would like some hints to adding a (smal) touch of irish to the wedding ceremony and reception....

my fiance loves all things irish, has a little bit of an obsession!!!!

kylz81 signature
Adrian and I are engaged!! We got engaged on the 9th of January 2004!!
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old OnLooker

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
OnLooker is on a distinguished road

Maybe it's just me...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-22-04 , 03:03 AM

But I might be kind of offended if people incorporated borrowed cultural traditions just "for fun." I don't know; you say your fiance is interested in Irish culture, but there's a difference between feeling connected to it and just having a fetish/interest. Irish guests might have fun or might feel mocked.

And your signature says you got engaged this January -- and you're planning a wedding two years from now! Whatever works for you, works for you, and everyone has different timetables. But if I had to wait however many years for my e-ring and then ANOTHER two to get married, I'd seriously be investigating upgrades *before* the wedding

May the road rise up to meet you....(as the Irish saying goes)

Old kylz81

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
kylz81 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-24-04 , 05:01 AM

at our engagement party, we got a signature book which had that phrase: may the road rise to meet you".... and about 10 other lines on the front....

soontobemd: when is your wedding? i would like to order save the date cards too which has a shamrock on them! the reason why i say i'm hoping for the date is a couple of reasons:
1) the commonwealth games are held in melbourne, where i'm from, at the same time.. i think i saw somewhere they are the 15th-20th of march 2006... might have the dates wrong, but i know that the 17th of march is smack-bang in the middle of the games.
2) it's a friday night and my mum is saying that people will be put off because they will have to work that day, even though i guess i wouldn't have the ceremony until 5pm, which isn't that bad for people working anyway. the wedding may be in the city, and a few people work in the city so they could come straight from work.

onlooker: i don't think irish people would feel mocked if we had some irish tokens in the wedding... we don't know any full-blooded irish people anyway... yes we've been together for 5.5 years, but my fiance is still at uni, doesn't finish until june this year... we would like him to be working for a while before we get married, even though we are looking to build a house at the end of the year or the start of next year, if someone will give us a loan!

kylz81 signature
Adrian and I are engaged!! We got engaged on the 9th of January 2004!!
Read Messages in: About Weddings All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Tuxedo etiquette by thephoenix
Up a Topic Gemstone Bracelet posted in JEWELRY by Ali1979
Older:
Down a Topic Can U Top This by yogimel
Down a Topic Platinum in the rough posted in Mineralogy Photo Gallery by ErikCarlsonGG