Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old coolcut

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
coolcut is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=292, In=2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 02-28-04 , 09:16 PM

What's up my classy peeps... I am currently paying on a PRINCESS shape 1.12 ct / F color / VSI clarity / Measurments - 6.00 * 5.94 * 3.89 Diamond. I know through my research so far that there is not really any "ideal" depth percentage when dealing with the princess, but what I am wanting to ask anyone out there, is if there is a way to calculate the depth percentage through the diamond measurements? The individual I am dealing with does not get what I am saying or ignoring what I am saying... so... I would like (If possible) to be able to get both the table % and depth %. Is this possible to determine through the measurements of the diamond, or does GIA determine this on other factors. Thanks to anyone that can still help someone a bit green behind the ears when it comes to diamonds, and does not want to get suckered.

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old coolcut

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Can you get depth and table from diamond measuremetns?
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 03-02-04 , 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by coolcut
What's up my classy peeps... I am currently paying on a PRINCESS shape 1.12 ct / F color / VSI clarity / Measurments - 6.00 * 5.94 * 3.89 Diamond. I know through my research so far that there is not really any "ideal" depth percentage when dealing with the princess, but what I am wanting to ask anyone out there, is if there is a way to calculate the depth percentage through the diamond measurements? The individual I am dealing with does not get what I am saying or ignoring what I am saying... so... I would like (If possible) to be able to get both the table % and depth %. Is this possible to determine through the measurements of the diamond, or does GIA determine this on other factors. Thanks to anyone that can still help someone a bit green behind the ears when it comes to diamonds, and does not want to get suckered.

Old coolcut

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 03-05-04 , 11:58 PM

Hi Lauren! I'm getting better!! :o) Hope this is easier on the eyeballs!! I really thank you for the information that you shared with me! It helped a whole lot. Would you happen to have any more advice as to how I could obtain that table % ? I am going to the jeweler I am buying it from tomorrow... anything I can tell him to obtain this info. Can I ask him for the whole certified report? They are and have just shown me the real basics! Like measurements, carat, color, and clarity. I want more in regards to the cut, percentages ect.I believe he said the diamond was EGL certified. I know this isn't as glorified as GIA, but this is why I want to know this additional detailed info. Thank you again Lauren... I will post a picture in a couple days... I will take it tomorrow!

Read Messages in: CA All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic appraiser in LA by benstokes
Up a Topic Can fluorescence get stronger posted in DIAMONDS by orzo
Older:
Down a Topic Hello DT by jonathantoo
Down a Topic Looking for a sapphire to trade for a ruby posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by elliefold