Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old GilbertZ

My Profile
View profile photo
Technical Support : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: My heart on my sleeve
Visit my blog Diamond Blog: Diamonds MT 2.5 Largest unseen Diamond

My Feedback (1)
Feedback In: 
+1  0
Feedback Out:
+1  0

My Karma
Power: 1000
GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute GilbertZ has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=7797, In=1682
Referrals: 18

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 12-13-99 , 05:59 PM

Monday December 13, 9:01 am Eastern Time
Company Press Release
Lanac.com Appoints E-commerce Visionary Eli Katz as New Chief Executive Officer
ibeauty.com founder to spearhead company's e-commerce strategy, guide business expansion
BROOKLYN, N.Y.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Dec. 13, 1999-- Lanac.com, the leading Internet retailer of brand name tabletop goods, giftware and jewelry, announced today that it has appointed Eli Katz as its new chief executive officer, effective immediately. Mr. Katz, founder of fragrancecounter.com, currently ibeauty.com, will direct Lanac.com's corporate strategy and oversee the continued expansion of the company's online catalog, which includes china, flatware, crystal, jewelry, giftware, cookware, collectibles and luggage.

In September, Lanac.com unveiled a two-year multimillion dollar e-commerce agreement with America Online, Inc. (NYSE: AOL - news), the world's leading interactive services company, under which it will expand its online marketplace as part of the Shop@AOL marketplace and be promoted in other areas of AOL, AOL.COM, Compuserve, Netscape and Digital City. In addition, Women.com Networks, Inc. (Nasdaq: WOMN - news), a leading Internet destination for women, recently announced an advertising alliance to promote Lanac.com's distinctive offerings throughout the Women.com network (www.women.com). The partnership will incorporate Lanac.com-sponsored promotions to engage Women.com's visitors and help build brand identity for Lanac.com.

``We are extremely pleased to have someone with Eli's ability, experience and foresight and coming aboard to guide our Internet efforts,'' said Michael Wertzberger, chairman and founder of Lanac.com. ``We plan to continue to build our online brand and expand our product and service offerings. Eli's vision will be instrumental in establishing Lanac.com as a premier online lifestyle destination.''

Mr. Katz comes to Lanac.com from ibeauty.com, a pioneer in the sale of fragrances and cosmetics on the Internet, where he was president and chief operating officer, e-commerce. Beginning with a Fragrance Counter storefront on AOL in 1995, he oversaw the launch of the fragrancecounter.com Web site in 1997 and the addition of the company's cosmeticscounter.com site in 1998. Prior to founding ibeauty.com, formerly a wholly-owned subsidiary of Allou Health and Beauty Care (AMEX: ALU - news), Mr. Katz was director of special sales for Allou and director of marketing at Continental Cosmetique. He is a founding member of The Standard for Internet Commerce, an initiative led by Ziff-Davis (NYSE: ZD - news) to codify best practices in Internet commerce developed by a community of world-leading thinkers and practitioners.

About Lanac.com

Lanac.com is a unique Internet lifestyle and e-commerce retail destination for fine household furnishings, including china, crystal, jewelry and other giftware and collectibles. Founded in 1957, Lanac is an authorized retailer of over 100 brand names in the tabletop and giftware industry, including Waterford, Lladro, Swarovski, Lenox, Wedgwood, Noritake, Reed & Barton, Gorham, Villeroy & Boch and Royal Doulton, which the company also offers though its nationwide catalog and a retail store in New York. In addition, Lanac features a sophisticated national bridal registry. The company's web site was launched in October of 1999. Visit Lanac.com on the web at http://www.lanac.com.

Stanton Crenshaw Communications
Matthew Conroy
212/780-1900

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.diamondring.com
" TARGET=_blank>http://www.diamondring.com
</A>

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old ArikVisionary

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
ArikVisionary is on a distinguished road

Re: Lanac.com Appoints E-commerce Visionary Eli Katz as New Chief Executive Officer
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-02-11 , 01:00 AM

Thanks for posting that information. It's really helpful when I read a lot of things over the internet, most especially news like this. Nice one! I will also share this with my friends. Nice post too!

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic New advice on diamond purchase by fernandoc01
Up a Topic Looking for Engagement Ring designer posted in Jewelry Design by ThandaJewels
Older:
Down a Topic What s the biggest diamond you ve seen in person by TRex
Down a Topic Hello New Here posted in Greet New Members by AMShare89