Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Engagement Ring

My Karma
Power: 76
synicgrrl is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 02-07-04 , 03:26 PM

At long last, here are some of my own pictures of my diamond rings. The photos aren't great, probably need a camera with higher megapixels but this is the best I have for now. I love seeing everyone else's pictures, and have pics for some of my own items but they have always been from auction photos or from the sellers themselves, etc.

It's good to finally post my own, on the hand shots of my rings.

This should probably be in the photo gallery, but it is just easier to find here.

Thanks to my boyfriend for taking them and putting up with all the many shots I requested.

synicgrrl signature
Don't let the sound of your own wheels drive you crazy.
Last edited by synicgrrl : 02-07-04 at 03:43 PM.
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 02-07-04 , 03:28 PM

First up, the wedding set. No, we are not engaged yet, but I did just get hired in his area (found out yesterday!) so now I can transfer, and we are moving in together March 1. I/We'd like to be engaged about a year after living together.

Wedding set is:

1.7 EC diamond M color VS1 clarity 8.4x5.9mm if my recollection serves me right set in a 14k white gold (non-basket) solitaire setting

it is a very nice white so I think it may be alloyed with palladium instead of the usual nickel

Tiffany etoile platinum diamond band

synicgrrl signature
Last edited by synicgrrl : 02-07-04 at 03:44 PM.
Attached Images
weddingset.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 02-07-04 , 03:34 PM

More

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
weddingset2.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 02-07-04 , 03:37 PM

Last one of this set

There are no visible inclusions in this stone, emerald cuts are so hard to keep clean. They really show dirt, smudges, water spots, etc, like no other. I still love 'em though!

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
weddingset2zoom.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 02-07-04 , 03:46 PM

My boyfriend is rushing me to go because we have to go look at some apartments now (need a place to live!) and meet up with my mom. So more pictures of my other EC set and my two pear rings to follow tonight.

synicgrrl signature
Old susi

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 77
susi is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 02-07-04 , 05:34 PM

Beautiful, Synicgrrl...

susi signature
Susi
Old Pookarina

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (3)
Feedback In: 
+3  0
Feedback Out:
+3  0

My Karma
Power: 105
Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future Pookarina has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 02-07-04 , 05:39 PM

beautiful!

Glad things are chugging along for you in the right direction.

Old Itbit

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: Aquamarine (Beryl)

My Karma
Power: 168
Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute Itbit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 02-07-04 , 05:47 PM

Your EC is beautiful!
I like your etoile band too.
Enjoy

Old PattyC

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
PattyC is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 02-07-04 , 05:48 PM

Congrats on finding the job! And the wedding set is beautiful!

Old tinatark

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 70
tinatark is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=4

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 02-07-04 , 07:28 PM

Those are beautiful! I like the classic look of the solitare paired with the modern band. They go together so well!

Your er is huge! I love the emerald cut. I am so freaking particular about keeping my rings clean I wouldn't wear it every day.

tinatark signature
Worry is most often a prideful way of thinking that you have more control over life and it's circumstances than you actually do.

~June Hunt
Old doxiemom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
doxiemom is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 02-07-04 , 07:42 PM

Gorgeous! I am in love with emerald cuts!

*sigh* I'm just going to have to get another one

doxiemom signature
Weiner dogs are wonderful!

"Wants may be easily satisfied either by producing much or desiring little." -Cronin
Old BrownsFan

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
BrownsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 02-07-04 , 07:50 PM

I love your rings! What a clasic look. I have to be nosy, where did you get your EC? Is it an ebay find? I never would have guessed it is an M, it has such a nice white color
Enjoy (hopefully, soon....)

Old Jasmin

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (10)
Feedback In: 
+10  0
Feedback Out:
+10  0

My Karma
Power: 103
Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future Jasmin has a brilliant future

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 02-07-04 , 07:56 PM

beautiful rings! I am looking forward to seeing the pears too...hurry back!

Jasmin signature
......................... ........................ Ice Ice Baby.....
Old Amethyste

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 78
Amethyste is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 02-07-04 , 07:56 PM

Sinni,
This M color emerald cut is AWESOME!!!!
That is a great set! My congratulations to you!!!!!

I can't wait to see your pear rings later!

Amethyste signature
-=Amethyste -
Apres la Pluie, le Soleil!
Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 02-07-04 , 10:00 PM

Thanks guys, I'll post more after I get back from dinner with his parents.

Brownsfan, I got the ring on Ebay a little over a year ago. It's a very nice M. I was a little leery at first, but the auctions pics were gorgeous, I loved how I could see through the steps so perfectly, with each step down so defined. (I don't think my pics show this that well, but the original seller's did). The tint in it is not yellowish one at all. Most days in most lights it looks white like in the pictures, just a more muted, non-icy white. It has a warm, buff-sand color that I notice in the sun or next to my whiter diamonds. I have one photo of it in a group shot that I will post later that depicts that tone best.

It is more of a pink/brown tint (again, no yellow) so I actually debated getting it HPHT treated but after one researcher on this board (who could actually do the treatment for me) told me of the possible clarity-harming side effects I knew I could never risk it. It's really not a bad hue, I think it's even a little more special than just plain white somedays. I'll see if I can find the photo of it loose, from the diamond vendor that sold the stone to the lady I bought it from - I never saw it loose, but those photos show off the color really well. I have them saved on my computer at home somewhere, using my boyfriend's computer right now. (cable modem, woohoo!)

PS: Tina - Emmy had a set like that. Once I saw the etoile with the emerald cut I was sold, and knew what I wanted in a wedding band. I love how it's just a simple band that you can wear alone on days when I might not want to wear the E-ring, but has that modern edge that will dress up my EC without competing with it when worn together.

synicgrrl signature
Old BrownsFan

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
BrownsFan is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 02-07-04 , 10:54 PM

Well, it is a beautiful diamond. I am not patient enough for ebay, but I always enjoy seeing what others find. Your EC is gorgeous, I never would have guessed it is an M. Beautiful
Wear it in happiness for many years!!

Old sirene

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 74
sirene is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 02-07-04 , 11:10 PM

Beautiful set, synicgrrl! What a great find on eBay--if you see anything else like that, will you let me know ? (I'd better hurry up and win the lotto) Can't wait to see the pics of the pears!

sirene signature
Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 02-08-04 , 12:54 AM

Ok, I'm back. Time for more photos.

Second EC set. This one is also an Ebay find. Actually, all of my high-end pieces are Ebay finds - they'd be really hard for me to afford otherwise, and I love a good deal.

Center stone is a 1.02-1.04ct (seller's description had the range) vintage emerald cut diamond in a vintage platinum mounting with tapered baguette sidestones. (top of the mouting where the stones are set is platinum and the sides/shank are in a 14k white gold Fingermate arthritic-adjustable shank that was added later on by the estate's owner). It is H color and VVS clarity, after I had it clarity-enhanced (the company that enhanced it never specified if it was now VVS1 or VVS2 and suprisingly, not knowing either way didn't really bother me - I guess I was just so happy it could be enhanced that I didn't really care, but I usually need to know all the details ).

I purchased the stone as an I1 with the intention of getting it treated - it had one small crystal inclusion that I wasn't sure could be helped as it's usually only fractures that they can work on, but I was pleasantly surprised that they could. The cut on the diamond is not the best - it is all brilliance and not much fire, and it seems to have a lot less facets than a typical emerald cut. It only recently occured to me that it may not be a true EC at all; it's a vintage stone with visually fewer steps - it may be an early style of the baguette. But I loved the classic setting and desperately wanted an EC and I still enjoy having it. I picked up the matching platinum diamond band later on, from a DTer who mentioned it on the board and had listed it on Ebay.

PS: The flowers are fake. I'm just a dork and wanted to show off "my babies" in the sun with a little color.

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
baguette set.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 02-08-04 , 12:55 AM

Second of this set

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
baguette set2.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 02-08-04 , 01:21 AM

That set is on my index finger because it isn't sized. I'm paranoid it might mess up the mounting and don't have the heart to do it because I know I will have to ruin the adjustable shank thing to do so. It's neat and after I finally got over the fear of yanking and snapping it open and shut I think it's a good thing to have.

Next up is my first pear ring. Got it on Ebay for a very good price. I really wanted a 1ct pear and was hoping that a 3/4 ct would do it for me as pears have a good spread but I still wanted a little bigger. I have always preferred white metals even before they got really hot so I didn't intend to keep the setting, but the more I think about it, it's nice to have some yellow gold pieces - for variety, because yellow goes better with certain wardrobe, and because inevitably it will come back "in" again to replace the whites and then I'll be ahead of the game. Like someone else on here said, the advertisers like to switch back and forth so we'll always be spending money. Seriously though, I do prefer diamonds in white metal - I think it showcases them more, but it's nice to have a little change now and then.

Anyway, it's a .77ct I SI1 and it's a slimmer pear. There are 3 little diamonds near the main stone and bead-set detailing on the immediate sides. The matching "wedding band" is soldered to it. It is the only ring set I have seen where the bands are thicker at the bottom rather than the top (and non-Euroshank style) and I really like that. They have a nice solid feel to them, very comfortable to wear.

Again on index finger because unsized.

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
oldpear1.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 02-08-04 , 01:24 AM

Second

Stone is very white, sometimes I can see the yellow metal reflecting off on the center

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
oldpear2.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 02-08-04 , 01:32 AM

New Pear Diamond

1.35ct F color SI1 clarity

This shot to show size but it's not a great distance shot so I know it's not that helpful, sorry. I asked the seller for the measurements before I bought it (there was no appraisal and the auction didn't specify) and she measured it for me and said it was a 9.5x6.35mm stone (well, she gave it in inches and we converted). My boyfriend measured it at his lab with an actual mm measure and got 9.25x6.05mm though. Spread-wise, it is the largest diamond I have but right now my EC still looks bigger to me.

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
pear.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 02-08-04 , 01:33 AM

Still loose

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
pear1.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 02-08-04 , 01:35 AM

Last loose and again in the sun

synicgrrl signature
Attached Images
pear2.jpg

Old synicgrrl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 02-08-04 , 01:53 AM

Here it is sitting in the semi-mount I just bought from missyricker. It's very very similar to the setting I was trying to find (or have MichaelE make for me) of that one I posted inquiring for help in a thread recently. Except this is wider and with more diamonds. Also it is not cathedral. I would have loved to find it in cathedral too but the setting is beautiful enough on its own.

.85cttw G VS pave set diamonds in 14k white gold

more/better pics of it in the January for sale/trade thread courtesy of missy

When I first got it I was sad because it didn't look as beautiful as missy's pictures. The room was dark that I opened it in and I looked at it quickly as I was in a rush (actually to run to the interview at the position I just got hired for). So I looked at it quick and didn't appreciate its beauty. Now I see the diamonds sparkle in the light, full of life and I love it. Haven't gotten it sized yet so some shots are on the index but I let it sit loose on my right-hand ring finger too, which is the one I will actually wear it on. The head is fit for a round and isn't sized for the pear yet.

Because the band is wide and the stone doesn't really fit it makes the pear look fat but it's a nice 1.5 l-to-w ratio. I thought I liked skinnier, but I like the shape of this one more than the .77ct which looked like a marquise to me at first. That one is slim and elegant, though, and I like having the option of both looks. After I get the head fixed to accomodate the pear and have the stone sit up higher so it isn't lost in the wider band, I think it will look great.

synicgrrl signature
Last edited by synicgrrl : 02-08-04 at 01:58 AM.
Attached Images
onme.jpg

Read Messages in: Diamonds Photo Gallery All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Little Baby Brownie Diamond I got for my B day by briolette
Up a Topic 1 4ctw GIA Exellent cut G Si1 Stud Earrings for Sale posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by andreayung23
Older:
Down a Topic My Engagement Ring by annie1
Down a Topic Engagement Ring FOR SALE posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by LeviJ