Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old amy2002

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 72
amy2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-26-03 , 12:02 AM

can someone please give me an estimate of how much weight i would have to lose to get a diamond with a <2 hca score (but not necessarily ags000)?

is it possible to sometimes just remove a little depth without changing anything else (thereby decreasing carat weight, but not decreasing diameter)? if so does this stone seem like a candidate for that?

carat: 1.2
6.81 x 6.86 x 4.17
table: 60
depth: 61

thanks!!!

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old barry

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 174
barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute barry has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=30925, In=3585
Referrals: 26

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-26-03 , 06:36 AM

Amy;

More information is needed in order to estimate weight loss on recutting.
Crown and pavillion angles for each of the eight crown/pavillion angles is necessary as well as girdle thickness.

Question: What do you want to achieve?
How does your diamond look now?

Barry
www.superbcert.com

Old amy2002

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 72
amy2002 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-26-03 , 11:37 AM

I do not have crown & pavillion angles, but I can tell you that the girdle is medium- slightly thick.

I like the stone a lot now. in most lighting conditions it sparkles, we get lots of compliments on it, and it is certainly not a badly cut stone. I do think though that in some lighting conditions I can see a mild nailhead effect - I don't know for sure because I'm just basing this on what I've read here, but in some lighting the center looks slightly darker than the rest of the stone. i was thinking that maybe eliminating alittle bit of the depth would fix that. i've seen it next to an ideal cut stone and i did think that when seen together I did think the ideal cut one was ever so slightly "more sparkly" but i would not call the difference substantial. I would be possibly interested in having in recut just a little to fix the nailhead problem, but i'm not obsessed with getting an 8* or ags000, etc., because i want to lose as little diameter as possible while also trying to improve the way the stone reflects light.

any other advice/comments would be appreciated.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic prices too good to be true by lkeubank
Up a Topic prices too good to be true posted in DIAMONDS by lkeubank
Older:
Down a Topic simulants synthetics and natural by afoit
Down a Topic white gold palladium alloy posted in Wedding Issues by hatulia