Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old OzzyDude

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
OzzyDude is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 10-09-03 , 07:58 PM

Hi all,

I've been reading all the wonderful stories on this forum for a couple of weeks and now I seek some advice.

I will be going on vacation to London for 5 days with my girlfriend in 2 weeks and I am currently in the process of getting the ring. ( I am looking for a tiffany-style platinum setting with round 1.25 center stone and 2 tapered baguettes on the sides, which is more or less easily available in NYC where I live.)

I want to pop the question while vacationing in London since I think it will be romantic and also very unexpected. I want it to be relatively private, so restaraunts or the London Eye ride ideas are probably not so good. Does anyone have any ideas??

I don't want to propose in a hotel room there, so it has to be related to some London place or landmark or whatever - a place we could revisit in the future and reminsce about...

One of my ideas has been to go to the Regents park, rent a boat and propose there I haven't been to London before though, so I am not sure how feasible this plan is. Anyway, any advice/help is appreciated!

thanks all!!!
-ozzy

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old ringlady

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Oval Aquamarine and white gold r

My Karma
Power: 61
ringlady is on a distinguished road

some ideas, just out of central london
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 10-12-03 , 08:43 AM

hey
thats really cool news, congratulations! im actually from london and goin on your idea of a boat ride, a really nice place to rent from is at richmond slightly further up the river. (you can get to it on the tube from central london in about 15mins on the district line to give you an idea of distance)obviously that might not be the most romantic way of arriving, but i think you can take a paddle steamer boat from central london in about 3hrs. richmond is really beautiful by the river. you can rent little wooden row boats from just by the bridge. if you wanted to go to a restaurant after/before, there is actually a wonderful floating restaurant ontop of a barge called H2O. i have eaten there and the food is v good. i dont know if people may come up with better ideas, maybe you could check it out on a website, i'm sure there will be one...oh i just thought, there is also a similar thing at Hampton Court Palace (you may have heard of it-where King Henry VIII lived.)you can get there by boat and train too.

good luck, if you have any other questions about london i'l gladly answer if i can!

Read Messages in: Your Proposal & Wedding Stories All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Men don t let this happen to you by auplatinumman
Up a Topic Rolex posted in Watches Photo Gallery by 8131
Older:
Down a Topic I m proposing by manhattan01
Down a Topic Verragio luminoset question posted in DIAMONDS by ChubbyTiger