Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Sam164

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Sam164 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-17-03 , 12:36 PM

My boyfriend and I have been talking about getting married and decided we wanted a Disney World wedding. Even though the engagement isn't official.....waiting for the sale of our house for the e-ring....we've decided to start planning. My dilemma is that we want a very small intimate wedding for no more than 12 guests and 2 kids and from everything I read in the Disney website, most packages are geared toward bigger parties or a minimum of $10,000. Unfortuantely, we don't fall into the "Intimate Wedding" category....which is only for 10 people including the bride and groom. The cost is not that big of a deal, however, to reach the minimum dollar amount, I will probably have to start spending money on unneccesary items just to reach that.

Does anyone have any info on small weddings at Disney World? or Disney World Resorts? Also, what are the locations? The Pavillion is the only location that they have on their website. I very much want to get married at Disney World, however, I'm keeping my options open. We're planning on a Sept. 6th 2004 date

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 85
sweet7696 is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-17-03 , 02:50 PM

You do fall into the Intimate category! Although they don't advertise it, for an extra $500 you can have 5 extra guests, which brings the total to 13 guets, plus the bride and groom. I have tons and tons of info on Disney weddings, so if you want, you can email me at sweet7696@hotmail.com
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old seabiscuit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 66
seabiscuit is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=26, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-27-03 , 03:49 AM

Oh you can get married so many places in Disney World. My brother's been working there as a banquet manager for several years in a few of their resorts (he's currently at the Yacht Club) and he's worked on lots of weddings at the resorts. You can do smaller weddings that way, they just tend to play up the Wedding Pavilion when you want to know about Disney weddings. I can't entirely blame them, that place is gorgeous!

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-27-03 , 09:35 AM

Thanks for all the info.

Does anyone know of other Disney resorts to have the ceremony and reception at. I've been looking into the Wyndham Palace Resort and Spa. I was told by WDW that I could have my intimate wedding there if I wanted to because it is a Disney Resort. However, I did receive info from the hotel itself and the wedding package they offer. It of course doesn't offer all the things the intimate package offers, however, it is much cheaper and includes a private dinner reception which is something I was concerned about. Any suggestions?

The intimate package doesn't include dinner and it sounds like we would have to make reservations at a local/resort restaurant and use a "priority seating" ticket. Does anyone know anything about this? It sounds like our party will have to wait with everyone else to get seated. Plus, from everything I read, you cannot wear wedding attire at most of the restaurants...which of course I want to wear. If I'm going to do the dinner reception at a restaurant, then I definetly want a private dining area and am not sure who offers both things.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Sam164
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 06-27-03 , 01:09 PM

Have you thought about a Swan or Dolphin wedding?? They are the resorts right there near the Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Boardwalk resorts.. They are the only non-Disney owned resorts on the property. They allow you to use all of Disney's transportation systems. You can even have Minnie and Mickey there at your reception! You can visit www.justmarry.com (I think that's it) or www.swandolphin.com . There are lots of girls on the Disneymooners list that have married at the Swan and Dolphin. It looks beautiful!! This way you are still on Disney property and all.. It's a lot cheaper too..

With wedding parties, they usually set up a nice private area for you at the restaurants (as far as priority seating goes). There are a few restaurants that have private dining areas that have food minimums. I think there is one at either Narcoosees or Citricos (both Grand Floridian restaurants) that has a private room with a minimum of $650, which won't be hard to meet.. There is also the private room at Victoria and Albert's, which is Disney's top restaurant.. I believe the minimum there is $1200-1500. Not positive on that though.. Have you gotten a sales manager yet? I would talk to them about it.. They should be able to make tons of suggestions for you.

Oh! There are several other, cheaper places (not by much though) around Disney to get married. There is the Yacht Club Gazebo (a rose filled gazebo at the Yacht Club), Sunset Point (at the Polynesian resort, with a view of Cinderella's Castle), Seabreeze Point (a beautiful gazebo overlooking the water at the Boardwalk resort). There might be one more that I'm forgetting.. Anyways, there are lots of options for making it a bit cheaper. Can you tell I've been researching this forever?? LOL!

Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Seabiscuit
Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 06-27-03 , 01:10 PM

Is your brother a sales manager or an events manager?? That is so cool that he works with Disney Weddings!!!!
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 06-27-03 , 02:38 PM

I actually got assigned a sales manager today and she gave me some great info. She said that they had a big meeting recently and are planning on some changes for intimate brides.

She said that the minimun which I think already exists is 8+ bride and groom, but I think they are now going to advertise that you can add additional people for $100. Also, children under 9 are going to be free and won't count on your guest list. Plus, they are working on setting up a private dining area for intimate brides who want a private dining area. And she did tell me I can wear my dress at any of the Disney Resort restaurants! Her disclaimer of course, was telling me that none of this was set in stone, but she did say that they had done it for several brides in the past and that it went over real well.

I'm going to look at Citricos. I found pictures on yourfairytale.com....I love the Grand Floridian, its sooooo beautiful, plus I think we will meet the $650 in drinks alone! LOL!

sweet7696....thank you so much for the links. I have yet to go into disneymooners, but can't wait to start digging into all that great info.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 06-27-03 , 02:45 PM

Ooh! I can't wait to hear about all the changes they are going to make!! I hope they make it better, instead of taking things out of it..

Yeah, you can definitely wear your gown to ANY resort restaurant. You can't go into the park with it on (unless you are having a dessert party in Epcot.. Then they might let you wear it) though, unless you do Magic Kingdom portraits.

Definitely sign up for the Disneymooners list. You will get a lot of info there.. Have you bought the e-book from yourfairytale.com yet?? I had the earliest version and it was great!! Anyways, keep me updated on your plans. I can't wait to hear about them!!
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old tieru

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 80
tieru is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 06-27-03 , 02:55 PM

I was in Orlando recently (for work) and went to the Wyndham for dinner. The main restraunt is called The Outback (not Outback Steakhouse). It was wonderful. The dessert was the one of the best I have ever had. In fact I saw the dessert tray was we were walking to our seats and chose my dinner accordingly.

I am sure what ever you decide it will be great.

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-27-03 , 02:55 PM

I was so excited to hear that we could wear our wedding attire. I just want to be able to wear my dress as long as possible. I would like to have a early dinner reception and want to take pictures with it on, plus I want to get that special attention......as the blushing bride as long as I can. Afterall, it is only one day I get to wear it

I was going to buy the book, but I figured I wait to see how much info I can research on the internet.

I can't wait to share all my plans! I can't even book the date until this September and already I'm getting impatient. Hmmmm, its going to be a long year and 2 months

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 201
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 06-27-03 , 02:57 PM

I think it would be neat to have Chip 'N Dale at the wedding.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 06-27-03 , 03:02 PM

tieru
thanks for letting me know that restaurant is not an Outback Steakhouse. That is exactly what I thought it was and thought it would be way to cheezy for a wedding reception. Hopefully I'll be able to visit WDW before I book anything

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 06-27-03 , 03:15 PM

I know what you mean..I want to wear my gown as long as possible too!!! The waiting will be horrible! LOL!!

RM,
You can have Chip 'N Dale there!! Maybe you and your wife should think about a Disney World vow renewal??

Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 201
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Quote this post and reply to it Post#14 @ 06-27-03 , 03:38 PM

That would be neat, but with my luck I'd get arrested for copyright infringement due to my tattoos!

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#15 @ 06-27-03 , 03:57 PM

Hahaha! Well, I never thought of that! If you went in December, it would be cold enough that you could cover your tattoos with a long sleeve shirt or jacket.
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old seabiscuit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#16 @ 06-27-03 , 04:49 PM

sweet7696

He's an event manager - so a lot of times what he does is business trip banquets, but he's done a lot of weddings, too. He was at the Grand Floridian for about 3 years and was transferred over to the Yacht Club about a year ago. A lot of times when his team set up weddings, they'd take pictures of the reception hall and decorations (I think in case someone came wanting ideas for their own parties). It's amazing the things people think up! One of my favorites was at the Grand Floridian - the couple wanted it to look like they got married on top of a skyscraper in a city, and when the decorating team was done, that's *exactly* what the room looked like. I hope my description doesn't sound tacky because it was beautiful - there was like an elevated platform across most of the room surrounded by a wall about 3 feet high (because they have that on tall buildings!) and then when you looked off, they set it up to really look like you were looking down on a city from high up - and they really made the illusion work! Then overhead they strung lights to look like stars, it *really* looked like you were outside on a tall building.
I visited him a couple of months ago, and he was showing me where one was done in the Yacht Club, (I think this was a company party, not a wedding), but they wanted a jungle theme. So.. the Disney decoraters FILLED the area of the convention center where the party would be with plants - you couldn't see walls at all! They can do some pretty amazing things.

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#17 @ 06-27-03 , 05:02 PM

Wow, what you described sounds impressive! My meager requests aren't that elaborate so it sounds like I'll get exactly what I want. I may have to come up with something unique. Any ideas?

Old seabiscuit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#18 @ 06-27-03 , 05:30 PM

*grin* yeah, my brother's done work with some celebrities (and relatives of celebrities), so some events he's worked on have been quite elaborate! He's got a pretty cool job! Now that he's at the Yacht Club, he doesn't really do any celebrity events since most people want the Grand Floridian, but he's had a lot of neat opportunities.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#19 @ 06-27-03 , 06:28 PM

Wow Seabiscuit!! What a lucky guy!! I would give my left arm to work for the Fairy Tale Weddings department!! I've heard it's pretty hard to get hired there though!
Disney can do just about anything, as long as you have the funds! Have you ever seen the set up for a wedding at Cinderella's Castle?? It's amazing!!! That's why I don't mind paying a premium for Disney. They always come through with great service and make it all worth it!!
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old seabiscuit

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#20 @ 06-28-03 , 01:09 AM

*grin* Disney will do pretty much anything you want (provided that you're willing to pay for it, of course!) I worked there a bit when I was in college, and to some extent, that philosophy was covered in our orientation to the company (called Traditions). Our instructors told us this really sweet story where a couple who was staying at the Contemporary got engaged - it was a surprise to the woman. Her fiance arranged it so that she was brought by limo to the Magic Kingdom after hours, where Cinderella's carriage and a team of horses were waiting for her on Main Street USA. They took her up to Cinderella's castle, where he was waiting for her. He proposed, the characters all came out and celebrated with them, and there were even fireworks Dreamy, no?

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#21 @ 06-28-03 , 01:14 AM

You just described my dream proposal!! LOL!!! I would've fainted right then and there.. I am a huge Disney fan, so that would've been the highlight of my life!! I hope they had their wedding there too.. How romantic.....
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Old Sixcatstoo

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 67
Sixcatstoo is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#22 @ 07-01-03 , 01:08 PM

I'm not sure if you could wear your gown there, but an Illuminations dinner party would make a lovely reception. I think the minimum runs around $500-600. We've rented out the lower terrace at the UK Pavillion several times for very small (5-7 people) dinner parties. You get a fanastic view of the show! I've worked with Janice for my bookings. If you have her, she will take good care of you!

Old Sam164

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#23 @ 07-01-03 , 01:39 PM

Sixcatstoo
Wearing the gown is something I definetly want so I'm not sure if I would go with an Illuminations party, but I could ask.....

Is the lower terrace at the Pavillion available anytime? I want to have a 6PM or 7PM dinner time instead of lunch like I have heard most other places offer.

Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#24 @ 07-01-03 , 01:51 PM

You should be able to wear your gown.. I know custom brides get to, so I don't see why you couldn't... But since you don't go through FTW to book it when you are an intimate bride, I don't know for sure..
6pm or 7pm would be good because you would be there for Illuminations (which usually starts around 9pm, I think). I have read that for intimate brides, you have to have a minimum of 25 guests for your Illuminations party.. I don't know that for sure though.. It's on www.yourfairytale.com under menus...

Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Last edited by sweet7696 : 07-01-03 at 01:52 PM.
Old sweet7696

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#25 @ 07-01-03 , 01:53 PM

And don't forget: If you are planning for any of the hot months (June, July, August, September), you might not want an Illuminations reception... It can get really hot, really muggy, and really rainy during those months..
Jess

sweet7696 signature
Dog Mom?? You bet!!
Read Messages in: Planning a Wedding All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic Possible to Negotiate Reception Site Fees by vtbio99
Up a Topic do deeper cuts show more color face up posted in DIAMONDS by Raech
Older:
Down a Topic Need Wedding Site in Chicago area by carrieg
Down a Topic What do think of this diamond posted in DIAMONDS by computerguy