Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old wdegenhart

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
wdegenhart is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 06-01-03 , 01:18 PM

There have been several posts in the past about getting a Tiffany and Co. solitaire setting with no stone. I am looking for their standard setting in platinum for a .59 diamond that I inherited. Please post if you know where I can get one. I have looked at the Fugaro setting (picture only), and it looks close, but I want the real deal. Also, I have found a T & C setting with a .25 stone that I can get for a resonable price, does anyone know if I could take the stone out and substitute the larger stone and make it look right.

Jewelry Search:

Category:  Budget:  

Old sparkin

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
sparkin is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-01-03 , 02:33 PM

I heard from the Tiffany sales person that they don't sell only the settings. It always comes packaged with setting and the diamond together. On the back of the setting, T&C engraves the carat weight of the diamond. I guess you can take out the diamond that was in the setting and put your own at another jeweler, but Tiffany will certainly not do it. I asked about buying a diamond elsewhere and setting in the Tiffany setting myself, and they said they do not do that. Hope this helps.

Old auplatinumman

My Profile
View profile photo
Years:

My Karma
Power: 73
auplatinumman has a spectacular aura about auplatinumman has a spectacular aura about auplatinumman has a spectacular aura about
Hits: Out=324, In=2

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-01-03 , 03:10 PM

I wouldn't recommend changing up from a .25 to a mid 50s, as the setting will definately not accomodate the larger stone.
The Tiffany mounts are indeed beautiful, but a capable goldsmith can make you an equivalent for your diamond, without the need to severly alter a setting to make it all work for you.

Branding is a good thing...it keeps all your cattle clearly identified.

Put your personal touch into your new ring, by suggesting custom treatment to the look that you like. Add carefully placed small diamonds, or a shank shape that shows that it was made for you, in a custom fit. It is more desireable to have a ring that is personal, than one that comes out of a cookie-cutter. Try visiting a few custom jewelers in your area, and you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can have made, at reasonable prices.

Good luck
David

Old TEngstrom

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
TEngstrom is on a distinguished road

Re: Tiffany and Co. Solitaire Setting
Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 06-15-12 , 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdegenhart
There have been several posts in the past about getting a Tiffany and Co. solitaire setting with no stone. I am looking for their standard setting in platinum for a .59 diamond that I inherited. Please post if you know where I can get one. I have looked at the Fugaro setting (picture only), and it looks close, but I want the real deal. Also, I have found a T & C setting with a .25 stone that I can get for a resonable price, does anyone know if I could take the stone out and substitute the larger stone and make it look right.

Not sure if you are still looking for a platinum Tiffany's setting. I just had to have my setting replaced broken prong- so they gave me the broken setting. I am sure that a jewler could fix the prog- I just opted to get new. The setting is for a 1.1 carat diamond, but it may work. I was thinking of just selling it as scrap- however if you are interested, let me know.

Old Courtneygirl

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Courtneygirl is on a distinguished road

Re: Tiffany and Co. Solitaire Setting
Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-05-12 , 06:06 PM

Hi wdegenhart- I may be interested in your setting. How can we talk? THANK YOU!

Read Messages in: JEWELRY All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic help my identify my ring by qualityjewls042
Up a Topic Stunning 2 3 ct Diamond Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by jml5236
Older:
Down a Topic Ring abrieveations by custombuilder
Down a Topic Size 6 5 Princess Cut Engagement Ring posted in JEWELRY CLASSIFIEDS by Billups212