Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old Smarti5051

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Smarti5051 is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#26 @ 05-01-03 , 08:23 PM

I certainly did not mean to imply that my girlfriend was one of "these people." She has always lived a very humble lifestyle. I am sure that if she had her choice, she would rather sport a .5 carat k/s3 and eliminate a bunch of her student loan debt than get a 2 carat, ideally cut g/vs2. However, since I expect to be getting engaged only once and working for the next 30 or so years, I think I can ignore my natural tendency to be practical just once. I apologize if some were offended by my inquiry concerning a Tiffany ring, that was not my intention. It was just part of my discovery process in my quest to give my girlfriend the best I can.

For those who care (which I assume some of you might since you were kind enough to offer me assistance), I think most of the opinions on here have convinced me to steer clear of the Tiffany ring. Unfortunately, that is only 1 of the 800 decisions I will need to make before I start planning the proposal. Thank you to all who responded, particularly those that did not purport to judge the motives or pretentiousness of others based on their decisions on the type of ring/diamond they buy or wear.

Old Raech

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 86
Raech is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#27 @ 05-01-03 , 08:35 PM

I agree with you. You are a very smart guy. You only get engaged once and she will wear the ring for the rest of her life. Go for what you want.

Old GrandVizier

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
GrandVizier is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#28 @ 05-01-03 , 11:04 PM

Smarti,

I think you are doing the right thing by passing on the Tiffany setting on E-bay. It is almost certainly a fake. I do think that a genuine Tiffany piece is a classy choice, however. Yes, you do pay more, but there is a certain amount of romance to it, above and beyond the raw materials of diamond and setting. It is also a wonderful experience to shop there, maybe even an experience your fiancee would enjoy. My own opinion is that the woman should participate in the selection of her ring. My fiancee has told me stories from the women she works with about how they don't really love their rings, but they could never tell hubby the truth about it. You might surprise her with a 'temporary' ring of some kind, then shop together for the keeper. You could suggest Tiffany's as one place to shop, and see how she feels about it. If it's not important to her, you could go elsewhere. Just one idea for you to consider. Best of luck to you whatever you decide, and congratulations!

Old xristos

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
xristos is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#29 @ 05-02-03 , 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Smarti5051
I certainly did not mean to imply that my girlfriend was one of "these people."

Oh no. I was not saying your Lady is like that at all.

I was making a general statement about how some women (not all) act.

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic What do you all think of DeBeers by synicgrrl
Up a Topic Who makes this set posted in JEWELRY by Penny
Older:
Down a Topic I just got my first diamond and it perfect by jkruer01
Down a Topic I just got my first diamond and it perfect posted in DIAMONDS by jkruer01