Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Ideal Cut Diamond Studs at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old SnoopDoggyDiamond

Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 11-19-99 , 09:57 PM

Does Pamela work for Bluenile.com or what? From reading her post she seems to be plugging the site, and she did say she lives in Seattle. When a guy from the same area asked her to share the store she was supposedly shopping with he got nothing but some longwinded story, and try Bluenile. I thought this was odd, how about a sraight answer. Does anyone else smell a poser? Snoop Doggy Diamond

Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old Pamela

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:

My Karma
Power: 79
Pamela is on a distinguished road
Hits: Out=0, In=1

Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 11-20-99 , 06:12 PM

Dear Snoop, I'm not sure what a poser is, but I'm a housewife who has been trying to find information about buying a diamond. I'm a busy Wife and Mother; nothing more
I'll take it as a compliment that you think I'm something so devious sounding! It adds a level of excitment to my persona I had never considered

While starting my research, I typed in www.internetdiamond.com and up came a website that happened to be local company. A couple of days later, they changed their name which made me suspicous. Someone on this forum mentioned they were getting some vc, so I suspected they were going for an "amazon" thinking with their new domain name.

Today as it happens, they, Blue Nile are featured prominently in the Seattle Times business section.

My sil and I don't have the closest of relationships (my only contact in the jewelry business), so I wanted to learn what I could before I attempted to shop with her company. I had forgotten my dh had a friend in the business because we hadn't seen him for a year or so, another friend mentioned his contact, so we've been shopping them.

My DH doesn't feel comfortable with a sight unseen purchase of this kind, so it is unlikely we would everuse Blue Nile. But when they go public, I just might be buying their stock because I do think they have a good angle on selling diamonds to a particular market niche.

Sorry if I disappoint you

Pamela, not a poser or a hoser

Old SnoopDoggyDiamond

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 11-20-99 , 06:23 PM

Pamela,
A poser is an imposter. But anyhow, I'm glad your not a ho either. That was truely funny. Snoops

Old Pamela

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 11-20-99 , 08:46 PM

Thanks Snoop, but I have to admit, with my mundane existence, being a poser sounds so exciting! I would hope if I was going to ever be an imposter, I would be a little more clever and alot less obvious. No I just don't get out much, so my posts can get a bit long winded as it were.

Well I'm off to re-line my kitchen cupboards, just another day in my glamorous life
!

Who is still quite diamondless, despite all of the help I've received on this forum

Pamela

Old Lynn

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 0
Lynn is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 11-21-99 , 02:00 PM

Pamela, I also enjoyed your poser story. I also like the title SnoopyDog Diamond...always a grin on this forum. I got my diamond studs from the net. Crossed my fingers and sent off the cash. I got what I wanted and am thrilled. They are'nt the most expensive in the world but they are just what I wanted (to start with) I think this diamond thing takes on a life of it's own. Specially when you've never had any and then get the bug. Hope the kitchen closets come out well and you get your diamond soon.

Lynn

Old Pamela

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 11-21-99 , 05:36 PM

Thank you Lynn! I only have a few small diamonds, and being the practical sort, I just don't think about jewelry much (antiques are what get me going
). I also am a Mother and renovate homes.... so my hands take a fair amount of abuse. Having what I consider to be, a huge rock on my hand brings up specific concerns. But in all honesty, it probably means I won't wear it on those really grungy days.

I have to admit, my breath has gotten taken away by some of the stones I've seen. It's such a luxury item, I am having a bit of a hard time admitting I really do want this thing. So I will, as soon as I get my focus back on something other than moving back into my new (if I do say so myself) goregous kitchen!

It has become a bit of a minor distraction trying to fit diamond searching in between contractor issues

Pamela

Old Pamela

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-23-99 , 04:09 AM

Why thank you Iceman, I secretly kind of wished I was something so wicked sounding

Pamela

Old SnoopDoggyDiamond

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-23-99 , 02:29 PM

Pamela,
If you feel like being wicked, just put on the black leather and live out your fantasy with your DH. Just don't let him hear ya call him iceman.
Snoops

Old Pamela

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 11-23-99 , 08:14 PM

Shame on you Snoops; that sort of suggestion is really inappropriate here don't you think?
Pamela

Old SnoopDoggyDiamond

Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 11-23-99 , 08:59 PM

Pamela Sorry the natural dog like behavior is comming out. I was just kidding around and looking for a few laughs. I`m not dogging on you, just thought I`d add a little excitement to the post. Snoops

Old Pamela

My Profile
Years:

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#11 @ 11-23-99 , 10:49 PM

Apology accepted.
Pamela

Old jbarucky

Quote this post and reply to it Post#12 @ 11-24-99 , 01:47 PM

Can someone please point me away from the chat rooms and towards the forum for diamond education.

If I see someone do an age/sex check...I'll have to go to Zales.

Old SnoopDoggyDiamond

Quote this post and reply to it Post#13 @ 11-24-99 , 02:35 PM

Zales??? You do need some serious diamond education. I can sum up Zales diamonds in one word. Ruff.
Snoops

Read Messages in: DIAMONDS All forums
Newer:
Up a Topic question mounting a princess diamond by timmac
Up a Topic question mounting a princess diamond posted in DIAMONDS by timmac
Older:
Down a Topic The Topaz Group Forms Partnership with Largest Ruby Mine in Nairobi Africa by GilbertZ
Down a Topic The Topaz Group Forms Partnership with Largest Ruby Mine in Nairobi Africa posted in DIAMONDS by GilbertZ