Sign in or Register Home
DiamondRing.comYour Online Jewelry Shopping Network
 Diamond Engagement Rings at James Allen 
Buy Sell Education Forum Directory Blog  
View Recent Products View Posts Ask Us Ask our Network Jewelers for a quote on a diamond/gemstone/jewelry

Post Reply New Thread

Old rodentman

My Profile
DRC Watch Expert : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Rolex Seadweller

My Collection
Items Listed: 1

My Karma
Power: 194
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=191, In=0

Remembering Mercier...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#1 @ 05-29-13 , 12:32 PM

Some of you may remember Mercier, this dear man from Singapore with a huge heart of gold.

As we approach the 10 year anniversary of his passing, please take time from your day to think of him and his kindness.

rodentman signature
I don't have a telescope, but it's something I'm thinking of looking into.
Diamond Search:

Carat:  to  Color:  to  Clarity:  to  

Old irish

My Profile
Registered User : offline
Years:
Last seen wearing: Diamond

My Feedback (2)
Feedback In: 
+2  0
Feedback Out:
+2  0

My Collection
Items Listed: 3

My Karma
Power: 471
irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute irish has a reputation beyond repute
Hits: Out=164, In=1

Re: Remembering Mercier...
Quote this post and reply to it Post#2 @ 06-02-13 , 02:05 AM

Hi Rodie! You always remember to remind us of sweet Mercier, thanks. He was a real sweetheart and those days of conversational threads (with him and all) were so interesting and mostly fun . I miss them.
I'll be wearing the ruby heart Mercier gave me to a wedding next weekend.
Irish

irish signature
LOVE is a commitment not a feeling. author unknown

Support U.S. gem cutters and jewelry manufacturers
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma
rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute rodentman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#3 @ 06-03-13 , 05:22 PM

I am glad that someone else here will remember him, as time goes on....

rodentman signature
Old Cal

My Profile
Years:
Last seen wearing: My Mark Morrell ring!

My Karma
Power: 71
Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough Cal is a jewel in the rough

Quote this post and reply to it Post#4 @ 07-06-13 , 08:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentman
I am glad that someone else here will remember him, as time goes on....

Oh my! I haven't been on this site in many years, but logged on today and the thread title "Remembering Mercier" immediately caught my eye.

I found Diamond Talk 10+ years ago. I was about to turn 40 in 2003 and wanted to buy myself a diamond ring. I relied on the insight and expertise of DT members to help me educate myself on diamonds. In the end, I bought a few loose diamonds and worked with Mark Morrell to design a custom ring. In a month I'll be 50...so yeah, it's been 10 years since I first discovered DT.

I actively participated on this site for awhile back then, and totally remember Mercier! He was so sweet and generous and kind! I was so saddened when I learned he had died. It amazed me how we could all feel so connected to someone on the other side of the world, who we had never met - just through an online connection based on shared interests.

So yes...ten years later, I'm taking a moment to also remember Mercier.

Cal signature
* Hoomanaoio ~ Manaolana ~ Paulele*
* Believe ~ Hope ~ Trust *
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#5 @ 07-18-13 , 04:26 PM

I think he would want our rememberances to be a part of his legacy. I joined ST 10 years ago also as I was looking for a new diamond for our 25th anniversary.

rodentman signature
Old Cyberkat

My Profile
Years:

My Karma
Power: 65
Cyberkat is on a distinguished road

Quote this post and reply to it Post#6 @ 10-09-13 , 08:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentman
Some of you may remember Mercier, this dear man from Singapore with a huge heart of gold.

As we approach the 10 year anniversary of his passing, please take time from your day to think of him and his kindness.

I think of Mercier (Shannon) every time I wear some of the many lovely gifts he sent me...Everything from a beautiful hand strung pink pearl necklace, pearl earrings, a fantastic South Sea black pearl I wear on a black silky string necklace...he even sent spices to us to sample.

He was always sending gifts to the members and having little contests and games with prizes.

He was a beautiful person who left us too soon.

I rarely post on forums but I just saw this post about Mercier and I wanted to say that I miss him and I won't ever forget him. He made so many of us happy with his wonderful heart of gold.

Cyberkat signature
Cyberkat
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#7 @ 11-08-13 , 06:26 PM

It's critical we remember, lest we forget.

rodentman signature
Old ladyluck

My Profile
Years:

My Feedback (4)
Feedback In: 
+4  0
Feedback Out:
+4  0

My Karma
Power: 94
ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute ladyluck has a reputation beyond repute

Quote this post and reply to it Post#8 @ 11-14-14 , 10:36 PM

Rodentman posted this last year so now I suppose it is the 11th anniversary of Mercier's death. I'm sorry I missed this post. Who could forget the gentle and kind soul of Mercier? I will always think fondly of him.

Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

Quote this post and reply to it Post#9 @ 12-09-14 , 03:06 PM

Yes, I figured that since probably few people here remember him that I would post every anniversary, but I certainly thought about him.

rodentman signature
Old rodentman

My Profile
Years:

My Collection

My Karma

It's now 13 years
Quote this post and reply to it Post#10 @ 06-08-16 , 09:22 AM

Another anniversary has come and we should all take a moment to remember the kindnesses of Shannon, all too rare in today's world.

We would be a lot better off with more people such as him, and less of the current rancor.

RM

rodentman signature
Read Messages in: General Discussion All forums
Newer:
This is the first topic
This is the first topic
Older:
Down a Topic What would you do with this ring by kbecks
Down a Topic Advice needed re repair posted in JEWELRY by Buglet